Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Today I received my ESCAPE inaugural brochure from NCL. They did a nice job and it's helping me get in the mood for the maiden crossing! I love collecting inaugural brochures and this will make a nice addition to my collection. Even though everything in it is on the internet, I still enjoy reading a hard-copy brochure. Plus it includes a large and complete fold-out deck plan!

One funny thing … on the 3-ship rendering inside the brochure (see attached pic) the BREAKAWAY is actually the ESCAPE. It has the two-deck Haven. Not sure why they did that? The GETAWAY is correct. I guess not everyone pays attention to detail like I do, especially when it comes to ships.

21890027746_6a8b6c7c5d_c.jpg

21916174315_55932ffa43_c.jpg

21728133610_0ace7c8d9b_c.jpg

Edited by eroller

Ouch!

The guys from ImagineApe were in a hurry I guess.. :rolleyes: that render of all the ships has been around for a while.

http://imagineape.com/wp-content/uploads/NCL-3D-Ship-Escape-v07-Imagine-ape.jpg

Yup I've seen it before, just never studied the detail until I saw it in print in the brochure. Odd mistake to make.

Grab a cold one, set thee aircondition on warm, play some relaxing music, put your feet up and imagine you're on this balcony somewhere in the warm Caribbean:

12081037_823502087747856_388850697_n.jpg

12142622_972971812762811_1962477381_n.jpg

12142568_890164364403771_250035301_n.jpg

*scratchy sound* Nope, not yet, a few more weeks before that will happen. Sorry. These were taken on the cold and windy North Sea. :D

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Thank you to all who provide such interesting information and photos about this ship! I have never before booked a ship that had not yet made it's first passenger cruise. So it is fascinating for me to see this all unfold. I am really excited about cruising on Escape in 2016:)

I am actually a( bit )familiar with the North sea, having sailed from there on a cargo ship back in 1962!!!!! Ship left from Kiel/or through Kiel Canal, I cant exactly remember, because I was just 6 years old LOL.

Love this thread, love reading all the info, and love love love,,,,the photos.

Edited by SMSACE6

Today I received my ESCAPE inaugural brochure from NCL. They did a nice job and it's helping me get in the mood for the maiden crossing! I love collecting inaugural brochures and this will make a nice addition to my collection. Even though everything in it is on the internet, I still enjoy reading a hard-copy brochure. Plus it includes a large and complete fold-out deck plan!

One funny thing … on the 3-ship rendering inside the brochure (see attached pic) the BREAKAWAY is actually the ESCAPE. It has the two-deck Haven. Not sure why they did that? The GETAWAY is correct. I guess not everyone pays attention to detail like I do, especially when it comes to ships.

Not only that, the Escape shows only 5 decks on the bow, and the Getaway only shows 4. I guess only us nuts would notice that.

Not only that, the Escape shows only 5 decks on the bow, and the Getaway only shows 4. I guess only us nuts would notice that.

How did you get the brochure? Does everyone who is booked get one?

Good eye! Perhaps a bit of artistic license.

Not artistic license. It's the additional deck of cabins on the Breakaway+ Class.

Anyway, Escape is now back in Bremerhaven. She performed marvelously during her trials with an averaged top speed slightly above Breakaway and Getaway. Next up is the U.S. Coast Guard inspection, which should last several days. All foreign passenger vessels that embark passengers in U.S. ports must be inspected by the USCG.

Anyway, Escape is now back in Bremerhaven. She performed marvelously during her trials with an averaged top speed slightly above Breakaway and Getaway. Next up is the U.S. Coast Guard inspection, which should last several days. All foreign passenger vessels that embark passengers in U.S. ports must be inspected by the USCG.

Thanks for the update, bb!! :)

:o This answer is probably embedded in the 200+ pages of earlier dialogue, but I'll lazily skip the research and ask brand new . . .

Where is the Shore Excursions desk on this new ship?

Deck 6 port side between back of forward elevator lobby and exterior of ship, just like on the -Aways

BB,

What does the US coast guard inspection include? Do you know what is done?

Thx.

Click here for the U.S. Coast Guard's Foreign Passenger Vessel Initial Certificate of Compliance Exam Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures publication.

It's long, but it should answer any questions about the inspection.

Not artistic license. It's the additional deck of cabins on the Breakaway+ Class.

Artistic license because in the rendering there is a deck of windows missing above the bow on all the ships. Perhaps the lowest row of windows is hidden in the rendering.

Of course BREAKAWAY is also pictured as a "plus" platform in the rendering and of course it isn't.

Artistic license because in the rendering there is a deck of windows missing above the bow on all the ships. Perhaps the lowest row of windows is hidden in the rendering.

Of course BREAKAWAY is also pictured as a "plus" platform in the rendering and of course it isn't.

Again, not artistic license. Deck 8 is obscured by the bow from that angle in real life as well. All a matter of perspective, which is accurately rendered here.

The artist re-skinned Escape with Peter Max hull art. That's pretty standard in the industry for new builds. It typically goes the other way, with a new ship being a modified copy of an older one, but I can understand why it might have been done to save time or cost. 99% of the general public will never know the difference.

Last comment on this as I will know for sure at Thanksgiving! It looks, when I squint my eyes at the Escape pictures, that the balcony is the same as on the Getaway - offset about two feet from the edge of the ship. So if the horizon is 90 degrees and straight down is 180 degrees, you can see at an angle of about 145 degrees. So no not straight down but its really fine. The vast majority of the time on the balcony you are sitting or lounging anyway. So considering that 90% of balcony folks will be stuck with 32 square feet, you'll have about 100. Its a big deal.

PLEASE take a lot of pic , inside/outside/balcony/under the bed/behind the drapes ;);) and share them with us. Have a wonderful cruise ! Ours seems so far away in February :( and in montreal, Canada, it was already close to frezzing point these last few morning ... I need warm weather :cool:

Josee

PLEASE take a lot of pic , inside/outside/balcony/under the bed/behind the drapes ;);) and share them with us. Have a wonderful cruise ! Ours seems so far away in February :( and in montreal, Canada, it was already close to frezzing point these last few morning ... I need warm weather :cool:

Josee

I will do a cabin review as soon as I get back, with loads of pictures. No sweat!

Sorry about your cold weather; I can sympathize as the temperatures here in Florida have plunged into the 80's F, so we are unpacking the sweaters and jackets and buying firewood. Heaven help us if its gets any cooler....