Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

http://www.cruiseshipnews.co.uk/20151001/norwegian-escape-on-demand-information-via-iconcierge-app-update/

"Norwegian Cruise Line recently updated its Norwegian iConcierge app with added functionality, and was only for those people traveling on or after September 19, 2015. This app will be a huge deal very soon because if you are booked on the new Escape cruise ship, then you might want to download this app in preparation.

With this iConcierge app installed on your Android or iOS device you will be able to view on-demand information of Norwegian Escape. You will gain access to this app the moment you input your cruise number, where a countdown will begin.

.."

Didn't the app already let you do all this or?

http://www.cruiseshipnews.co.uk/20151001/norwegian-escape-on-demand-information-via-iconcierge-app-update/

"Norwegian Cruise Line recently updated its Norwegian iConcierge app with added functionality, and was only for those people traveling on or after September 19, 2015. This app will be a huge deal very soon because if you are booked on the new Escape cruise ship, then you might want to download this app in preparation.

With this iConcierge app installed on your Android or iOS device you will be able to view on-demand information of Norwegian Escape. You will gain access to this app the moment you input your cruise number, where a countdown will begin.

.."

I thought so.... :cool:

I will report back if they finally implemented the "your stateroom has been cleaned/turndown service is done." to appear in a push notification on iConcierge. We all know how it feels when you decide to go back to your cabin for a unscheduled nap and the room steward isn't finished yet. ;)

I will report back if they finally implemented the "your stateroom has been cleaned/turndown service is done." to appear in a push notification on iConcierge. We all know how it feels when you decide to go back to your cabin for a unscheduled nap and the room steward isn't finished yet. ;)

EXCELLENT point....we've all been there, I'm sure!! :o

. . . Didn't the app already let you do all this or?

I thought so, too.

Perhaps we were all dreaming or 'wishful thinking'. ;)

But if they wanna call it new/improved and pizzazzy . . . I say let 'em knock themselves out. :)

The artist re-skinned Escape with Peter Max hull art. That's pretty standard in the industry for new builds. It typically goes the other way, with a new ship being a modified copy of an older one, but I can understand why it might have been done to save time or cost. 99% of the general public will never know the difference.

Could have just as easily used the rendering for GETAWAY to create the BREAKAWAY rendering since obviously it existed. So yes artistic license or just plain ignorance. Yes 99% of the general public will never notice. Seems to be the excuse used for everything these days. Count me as the 1% that does notice.

I do agree that the missing level of windows above the bow is probably due to the angle of the rendering, which I already mentioned. The number of balcony decks is correct.

Edited by eroller

.."

Huh....I didn't know this. I didn't think that the iConcierge app was available until you were actually on the ship. I'm going to try to download it now ... love the countdown feature...speaking of that...only 39 days to go!! :D

I think you and FreestyleNovice both deserve to be on the 2 day freebie for all the informative posts you have been posting to keep us up to speed with all that's been going on[emoji572]️[emoji572]️[emoji3].

Can't wait for the TA.

John

I'm with Freestyle. I can't really take credit for anything. I'll add my 2 cents if I think there's something I can add, but I'm happy some think it's worthwhile.

Not much left to speculate about at this point. Escape will visit a dry dock in Hamburg for some final finishing work before the handover, but after that she'll be on her way :)

Huh....I didn't know this. I didn't think that the iConcierge app was available until you were actually on the ship. I'm going to try to download it now ... love the countdown feature...speaking of that...only 39 days to go!! :D

Those who wait until they are on the ship to download get stuck having to buy an internet package in order to have wifi to download it! It is supposed to be downloaded and installed before you sail so that it's ready to go once you are on the ship. In addition, both times we've sailed with iConcierge, we've activated it while still sitting in the terminal waiting to board, and practiced messaging each other through the app.

on our Getaway 9/19 sailing, we stopped in our room to get a few things and i was sitting on the bed and all of a sudden our door opened and our room steward came in! Apparently he was in middle of cleaning - could have been really awkward lol. We were in a handicap accessible room so the door is automatic, takes FOREVER for it to open and close.

And as for the app, I used the App on the Jewel in Feb (paid for the calling and texting feature) and also for the getaway 9/19. The updated app has a better interface, but my husband who has an android device never got notification alerts. I always did, and I have an iPhone. Our friends who had iPhones agreed that the app did seem to work better on iOS devices.

Those who wait until they are on the ship to download get stuck having to buy an internet package in order to have wifi to download it! It is supposed to be downloaded and installed before you sail so that it's ready to go once you are on the ship. In addition, both times we've sailed with iConcierge, we've activated it while still sitting in the terminal waiting to board, and practiced messaging each other through the app.

Just an FYI, on our 9/19 sailing, we had the app downloaded before boarding, purchased the 7.95 feature and it simply wouldn't work, even when we connected to the ships wifi. Went to guest services, they then directed us to the guy at the internet area, and he said would be working once we sailed away from port. And it did. But it didn't work before we sailed away. Might have just been a glitch or something with my sailing, not sure, but thought i'd mention it

I noticed the countdown feature was working sometime in August. Earlier this year when I downloaded it, nothing in the app worked and it would give me a message saying I needed to register when I got onboard. It certain makes the time left so much more exciting!

According to the lastes press release by Meyer Werft the Norwegian Escape will leave Bremerhaven on Oct 10th to go to Hamburg and dock into the drydock of Blohm & Voss (Elbe 17) for some last checks on Oct 12th. She will be back to Bremerhaven on Oct 14th.

http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/index.jsp

They have to do some last inspections and check the water intakes for the scrubbers.

The website of the city of Hamburg has a nice overview regarding all webcams in the city (and along the Elbe river):

http://www.hamburg.de/webcam/

steamboats