Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

The ship that was going to be called Bliss is going to China and will have a different name. Nothing has been put on hold.

Princess just did the exact double name with the upcoming Majestic Princess, where a Chinese name will also appear on her hull.

Thought I would take a look at the online brochure and compare it to the info on the deck plans. The bedding type is different on the Family Mini-Suite (online brochure says king bed and the website says queen). I've run into a couple of other small differences and am wondering if the hard copy brochure is the same as the online pdf or if they have updated it. Also, which one is right? Anyone, know? I suppose we will find out in a couple of weeks when the first group boards, but I was just wondering...

So, I am wondering, if any of you have though about what you will do the first 5 minutes after you board the new ship and are free to explore? What do you want to see first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by merleebird

So, I am wondering, if any of you have though about what you will do the first 5 minutes after you board the new ship and are free to explore? What do you want to see first?

In the first 5 minutes? Get a drink.

Edited by LrgPizza

Probably check out the Studio Lounge for a few minutes and then head to the dining room for some lunch (I rarely eat breakfast, so by 1-2 pm, I'll probably be ready for something!). lol

Then after checking out my room and muster drill, I'll probably head to Spice for sailaway and to check out the grotto!

Edited by dreamr

I'm very interested in how they'll handle the platinum dinners now that Le Bistro will be al a carte.

I called NCL today and spoke with a rep who had just gotten off of the Getaway a few days ago about my upcoming cruise on that ship. I had a few questions, and one of them was just that - - how will the Platinum Bistro dinners be handled. I was told not to reserve anything ahead of time at the Bistro; that it's all handled onboard; and that NCL will be releasing only 25% of the tables in the Bistro to advance reservations, so that there should be plenty of tables available for Platinum folks once they get on board. She called it "the free Bistro meal" while we were discussing it, although I didn't specifically ask if any menu items might be held back from the "free" meal.

Actually, if you have the UDP or SDP, you only pay the $15 upcharge. I think that the UDP used to get 25% off but that changed on October 1 and now it is only the $15 upcharge.

When I reserved on my upcoming cruise in Dec. the up charge was $17

Thought I would take a look at the online brochure and compare it to the info on the deck plans. The bedding type is different on the Family Mini-Suite (online brochure says king bed and the website says queen). I've run into a couple of other small differences and am wondering if the hard copy brochure is the same as the online pdf or if they have updated it. Also, which one is right? Anyone, know? I suppose we will find out in a couple of weeks when the first group boards, but I was just wondering...

I noticed the same thing on the hard copy that we just received. We have a mid-ship mini suite booked on 11/14 sailing. I was told it was a king bed--which is what we have at home (hubby is 6ft4in and all elbows and legs!) but, the brochure says it is two single which can be pushed together to a queen--NOT as promised! I'm pretty sure I printed the description when I booked. Unfortunately, I used a TA who has proven to be less than useless. I'm going to call NCL tomorrow to try to straighten it out-- hope they don't refer me back to TA :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be doing the usual which is running through the ship exploring what we can, taking iPhone & camera photos at the same time! The 25th October can't come soon enough!!!!! [emoji483][emoji486][emoji324][emoji568][emoji572]️[emoji322] my husband can carry the drinks hehe! [emoji13]

The Norwegian Escape has entered the Elbe river and is currently close to Brunsbüttel (where the Kiel Canal starts on the Elbe river side).

We already missed out the Cuxhaven webcam.

Right now we might get a glimpse of her on the Kiel Canal webcam

http://www.brunsbuettel.de/B%C3%BCrgerservice/Schleusenwebcam/

steamboats

Here´s an overview of all Hamburg webcams

http://www.hamburg.de/webcam/

Here are all webcams along the Elbe river

http://www.hamburg.de/webcams-elbe/

A good place is Wedel where the ships are greeted. Here´s a map showing all webcams

http://www.wedel.de/tourismus-freizeit/elbe-maritimes/webcams.html

Just click on the pics for a larger view.

steamboats

Go straight to Margaritaville for our first of many drinks and also want to have lunch there - just hope it is open!!!

We'll be doing the usual which is running through the ship exploring what we can, taking iPhone & camera photos at the same time! The 25th October can't come soon enough!!!!! [emoji483][emoji486][emoji324][emoji568][emoji572]️[emoji322] my husband can carry the drinks hehe! [emoji13]

Wow....that's only 12 days!! How exciting!! I hope you'll post lots of pictures but don't forget to actually drink those drinks your husband is carrying around!!

Hope you have a fabulous time!! :cool:

I noticed the same thing on the hard copy that we just received. We have a mid-ship mini suite booked on 11/14 sailing. I was told it was a king bed--which is what we have at home (hubby is 6ft4in and all elbows and legs!) but, the brochure says it is two single which can be pushed together to a queen--NOT as promised! I'm pretty sure I printed the description when I booked. Unfortunately, I used a TA who has proven to be less than useless. I'm going to call NCL tomorrow to try to straighten it out-- hope they don't refer me back to TA :rolleyes:

Did you find anything out? I know on Getaway Balcony and Mini it was 2 beds pushed together and not a real king. IMO its bigger than a regular queen but defiantly not a full size king. Kind of rounded at the end sides a little bit to make maneuvering around easier. I think they call them "Norwegian Kings."

Did you find anything out? I know on Getaway Balcony and Mini it was 2 beds pushed together and not a real king. IMO its bigger than a regular queen but defiantly not a full size king. Kind of rounded at the end sides a little bit to make maneuvering around easier. I think they call them "Norwegian Kings."
That seems to be what is mostly reported on these forums. I remember someone measured it once, and it was in between a king and queen when the beds were pushed together.