Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

If anyone finds a current picture of aft balconies, please post it. I'd like to get an idea of the size with furniture on it.

Hmm, perhaps later this week when she enters Hamburg? Furniture has been out since a week or so and I think the Columbus dock viewing platform is limited to bow and some mid ship views. :)

Hmm, perhaps later this week when she enters Hamburg? Furniture has been out since a week or so and I think the Columbus dock viewing platform is limited to bow and some mid ship views. :)

Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures. The top decks above the bridge remind me of the Epic. (Not as ugly though):)

From this angle, looks like the Escape balconies are at least a little bit deeper than the Getaway/Breakaway......I feel like on the other ships you barely had room to cross and uncross your legs without hitting the glass

Yes, it's been confirmed that they are 18 inches deeper (if I remember right. It's somewhere in this thread).

Got my Escape brochure today! Thank you to whomever posted the request link. :)

You're welcome! Mine hasn't arrived yet. Phooey.

Do you have the link? We have 5 rooms booked but I'm the only one on CC and reading the threads.

Here it is:

You can go to this web page and order one. https://www.ncl.com/order-a-brochure

This is only USA and Canada?

How quickly will they deliver? I was thinking of sending to our hotel once we arrive in Miami.

Ours arrived within a week or so after the link was posted (btw thanks to who posted it!) ... we got it Friday. We live near Boston-- with decent mail delivery so that helps. It is worth ordering....lots of big beautiful pictures!

Yes, her originally scheduled trials were completed. However, Escape is now on an additional set of trials, after which she will go into dry-dock to correct some issues emanating from a poor installation of her sea chests (water intakes). Some of the recent Meyer Werft ships have also experienced similar last-minute issues. This should not negatively impact her delivery date.

What facility is big enough to put her in dry-dock to make the corrections? Just curious as this is all new to me. I thought Meyer Werft wasn't tall enough which was why some of the top pieces: smokestack, top of rope course...etc had to be added once she was out of their facility. Will there be any webcams in dry-dock in Hamburg to watch them tweak her? Thanks as always for the technical information. 40 days to go for our Thanksgiving Cruise :D.

What facility is big enough to put her in dry-dock to make the corrections? Just curious as this is all new to me. I thought Meyer Werft wasn't tall enough which was why some of the top pieces: smokestack, top of rope course...etc had to be added once she was out of their facility. Will there be any webcams in dry-dock in Hamburg to watch them tweak her? Thanks as always for the technical information. 40 days to go for our Thanksgiving Cruise :D.

She is going to Hamburg tomorrow for adjustments then back to Bremerhaven for finishing touches before handover on Oct 22

A dry dock can be done outdoors.

So can a new build for that matter. The Epic has never been inside and was built complete outdoors.

Her agenda:

"NORWEGIAN ESCAPE"

from 10/13/2015 to 10/15/2015

at Blohm & Voss in Hamburg

for final docking

"NORWEGIAN ESCAPE"

from 10/16/2015 to 10/22/2015

at Columbus Cruise Center in Bremerhaven

for final outfitting

"NORWEGIAN ESCAPE"

on 10/23/2015

at Cruise Center in Hamburg Steinwerder (press & industry sailing)

"NORWEGIAN ESCAPE"

on 10/25/2015

at Cruise Center in Hamburg Steinwerder (first revenue sailing, 2nighter Hamburg - Southampton)

Taken (and added the 25th sailing) from: http://www.meyerwerftfanclub.de/english/

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Blohm and Voss's Elbe 17 dry dock is one of the largest in Europe. It was originally built in the 1940's to accommodate Germany's largest battleships (Bismarck and her planned successors), and is still large enough to fit today's massive cruise ships.

Meyer Werft's largest building hall, where Escape was constructed, wasn't tall enough for some of her uppermost fittings (funnel, mast, etc.). The lower portion of the funnel was installed in Papenburg after the float out, and the rest done in Eemshaven before the first set of sea trials.

However, tomorrow's dry dock will address issues under the waterline.

The Norwegian Bliss gets put on hold and Norwegian is building a new Breakaway Plus sister to the Escape going straight to China!

http://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-builds-asian-ship-delays-norwegian-bliss/

The ship that was going to be called Bliss is going to China and will have a different name. Nothing has been put on hold.