Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

My username is Keith_Jenner. I will probably be linking any pictures I post to here anyway. I will probably do some sort of live review.

I would LOVE to see the full beer list at the district brewhouse if at all possible. I am most excited about this new venue. The prospect of being able to get good beer of a cruise ship is amazing.

6&8

I would LOVE to see the full beer list at the district brewhouse if at all possible. I am most excited about this new venue. The prospect of being able to get good beer of a cruise ship is amazing.

6&8

It will be one of my first stops. I'll be working my way through the list across the Atlantic.

What is your instagram name or what tag are you using for your posts? #nclescape?

I think NCL is boosting #norwegianescape (which appears in a photo feed in the free Inaugural Escape App).

And perhaps we, from CC, can also use #cruisecritic for a good reference. Just an idea. :)

And the painted rooftop of the two story pool bar.

Since they went to the trouble of finishing that rooftop, I wonder if it will be additional deck space for loungers? Every inch is seriously needed on these ships. Or it was done to make the deck more aesthetically pleasing to those waiting in line for the slides.

#NorwegianEscape is the official hashtag. There will be also a new Instagram account: Norweginacruiseline_europe - this goes online on Friday.

steamboats

Ah, that must be #4 from what I saw this earlier today on Instagram:

12145224_1671867509725751_300262087_n.jpg

And does it say "..reduced rate" and "internet"?

We are booked in on the June 4th sailing of the Escape in an H8. 2 weeks ago, all categories of Haven suites were available, with numerous cabin choices in each category (except our 1 and only H8 of course). Now, all Haven suites are showing as sold out. I'm wondering what is going on? Is there a big NCL meeting blocking out the rooms, or an outside convention or group?

We really enjoy meeting people on the cruise and making friends and won't want to be the only "outsiders" in the Haven if everyone else is booked with a large group. It seems odd to me that they'd all be sold out with the 90+ suites in the Haven on the Escape this far in advance.

That is very strange. We were hoping (probably in vain) for an upsell into the Haven as we are on the same cruise. Looks like that won't be happening now. [emoji4]

I'm curious to know what is going on too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah, that must be #4 from what I saw this earlier today on Instagram

Even though I don't sail until 11/21, I downloaded the app just to see what was on it ... Lots of different sections and info there. So, all you inaugural folks have fun with it and let us know how it works out!

Edited by texangal39

And does it say "..reduced rate" and "internet"?

Yep, that´s the email being sent out today to the guests of the pre inaugural. Internet is a reduced rate of 0.25 USD/min. Social media is open (Instagram, FB, Twitter). Most of the area will have cell phone coverage anyway.

steamboats

who´s ready to go (in 22 hours)

Yep, that´s the email being sent out today to the guests of the pre inaugural. Internet is a reduced rate of 0.25 USD/min. Social media is open (Instagram, FB, Twitter). Most of the area will have cell phone coverage anyway.

steamboats

who´s ready to go (in 22 hours)

Great, enjoy!

Is there good 4G coverage on T-Mobile on the Elbe by any chance? :)

CRn4BG_WUAAzUV5.jpg:large

Nice Pic...

We booked an OX GTY with the "Escape Paris Package" for the TransAtlantic.

A few weeks ago, NCL upgraded us to an OB :rolleyes:

(With all the empty cabins on the ship for the TA, I thought maybe NCL would slip us into a balcony.:p

Alas! WE are relegated to a cabin below the APE. :eek::D;)

but that's okay... we're on the Escape, and we are Happy!

Note: Norweigen ESCAPE painted on the ship...above Deck 5

I too intend to blog from the ship. Link is in my signature.

I think with all of us on the TA and the pre-TA cruises, we'll be able to cover just about anyone's questions!

If you have specific questions you're looking to get answered, post them to my page and I will do my best to get them answered! :D

I have a request if anyone can help on their cruise. If you are out and about, could you see what type of options the ship has that are gluten free other than eating in the main dining room. By all means don't go out of your way, but if you see anything, just make note of it thanks. Just curious if there are buffet options for breakfast/lunch, pizza etc. Thanks

Edited by cubsfan2008

Not sure if this is worthy of a new thread or not but does anyone think the Escape's Haven area will seem more crowded than the BA/GA? It appears that the Escape's Haven area is somewhat larger (and Andy Stuart said as much in the last video), but there are 15 more Haven suites on the Escape. What are your thoughts before we get some onboard reports in the next couple of weeks?