How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

Some folks might eventually realize that cruising, the way they are now doing it in Europe, is not even close to what many of us think of as a cruise.   Consider that Costa will not even allow more then one entertainer, at a time, on their main stage, passengers will need to wear masks nearly all the time when moving around the inside of the vessel, group activities are gone, and most importantly for a few here on CC passengers will need to have a Smart Phone in order to read the menus in the restaurant (via QR codes).  We know there are some CC posters who proudly boast they do not even own a smart phone so this is a problem.  In fact, I suspect that we might see a requirement that everyone have a cell phone so they can be better tracked.

Hank

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Some folks might eventually realize that cruising, the way they are now doing it in Europe, is not even close to what many of us think of as a cruise.   Consider that Costa will not even allow more then one entertainer, at a time, on their main stage, passengers will need to wear masks nearly all the time when moving around the inside of the vessel, group activities are gone, and most importantly for a few here on CC passengers will need to have a Smart Phone in order to read the menus in the restaurant (via QR codes).  We know there are some CC posters who proudly boast they do not even own a smart phone so this is a problem.  In fact, I suspect that we might see a requirement that everyone have a cell phone so they can be better tracked.

Hank

I think it is also a case of people who may have their phone but do not want to use it when travelling overseas for whatever reason (cost, security, etc.).

8 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

QR codes require internet I think unless a separate WIFI and host on ship is provided to feed locally.    I guess the technology is there, but skeptical that is on their IT plate.    

When you scan the QR code with your camera it automatically pulls up your browser to go to a cloud site, unless they localize that with a application that is something each ship will need to institute.

Frankly this is far more complicated than a simple piece of paper, which they waste a ton of for their daily cabin news, dang all they need to do is add the menu's on that.