Renew wedding vows???

Hi,

We are on the Explorer next month for a 25th anniversay cruise and wondering if its possible to have the Captain renew our vows.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by mimb1

Hi,

We are on the Explorer next month for a 25th anniversay cruise and wondering if its possible to have the Captain renew out vows.

Thanks for your help.

Here's some info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/weddings/product.do?pagename=web_page_weddings_package_vowrenewals

It says the ceremony is conducted by the "Cruise Program Administrator". I'd call the number they list and see if your ceremony can be upgraded to the Captain.

Hi,

We are on the Explorer next month for a 25th anniversay cruise and wondering if its possible to have the Captain renew our vows.

Thanks for your help.

We renewed our 10 year vows on the ship in 2007 and it is not done by the Captain. Happy 25th :) We enjoyed the ceremony :p

$595 seems rather steep for a few words, recorded music and a certificate !!!! Has anyone done this and can they provide more details ?

Thanks

I agree completely. It's our 30th anniversary whilst we are onboard our cruise, and I would love to do this as a surprise anniversary gift for my husband. But $595.00 seems an awful lot of money for not very much.

I emailed 'royal romance' twice now, asking questions but so far they haven't replied. I know there is another package for $1100.00, but that is out of my budget (i'm retired)

So I'd appreciate any info too if anyone has done the vow renewal package please.

$595 seems rather steep for a few words, recorded music and a certificate !!!! Has anyone done this and can they provide more details ?

Thanks

I second that one. That is alot of money for something so simple.

We are going on the Jewel May 31st and have a vow renewal planned by the ship. The captain doesn't do it. We are paying 1195 -we got the enhanced package, plus an extra $99 for bridal hair appt. Its just the 2 of us and we are celebrating 10 years of marriage this August and also have overcome some of lifes major curveballs and really wanted this to be special. I just finalized everything today so if you have questions i am happy to help. For the 1195 it includes ceremony by CPA (not the captain) , small bouqet and boutenier, 2 glasses of champaign and chocolate petit fours, we are bringing our own music and wrote our own vows.

This is just crazy... I was looking into this too. DH and I are cruising this October and will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary while at sea. I felt the same way about $595 and what you get for it... So I have been trying to devise my own plan!

I am going to surprise my hubby... I am thinking we will get all dressed up the night of our anniversary for dinner and get ready to meet our friends that we will be traveling with at Portifino's (our treat and already planned). before dinner a quick stop at sunset to meet our friends who will actually perform our renewal ceremony for us... I have already started to write a something that will be reminiscent of short but personal renewal of our vows, and our friends have agreed to keep the secret and to do it the night of our anniversary - weather permitting. I am thinking flowers and champagne are easy to get on the ship and I'll bring anniversary 'bands' for us to exchange... and then a great dinner and bottle of champagne to toast and celebrate. I think that this will be SO much more personal and special for us - kind of an impromptu declaration of our love with our close friends to share it with us.

Still have time to iron out the 'kinks' and finalize the plan... but I think a better way to spend the money.

This is just crazy... I was looking into this too. DH and I are cruising this October and will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary while at sea. I felt the same way about $595 and what you get for it... So I have been trying to devise my own plan!

I am going to surprise my hubby... I am thinking we will get all dressed up the night of our anniversary for dinner and get ready to meet our friends that we will be traveling with at Portifino's (our treat and already planned). before dinner a quick stop at sunset to meet our friends who will actually perform our renewal ceremony for us... I have already started to write a something that will be reminiscent of short but personal renewal of our vows, and our friends have agreed to keep the secret and to do it the night of our anniversary - weather permitting. I am thinking flowers and champagne are easy to get on the ship and I'll bring anniversary 'bands' for us to exchange... and then a great dinner and bottle of champagne to toast and celebrate. I think that this will be SO much more personal and special for us - kind of an impromptu declaration of our love with our close friends to share it with us.

Still have time to iron out the 'kinks' and finalize the plan... but I think a better way to spend the money.

Oh wow, I think your plan is absolutely beautiful! I wish you were on our cruise I'd ask you to officiate the ceremony for us! Our problem is we are sailing as just a couple and wouldn't know anyone to do that for us. I am struggling to believe that is all you get for $595? Its a lot of money for a certificate and a short ceremony. Hopefully Royal Romance will get back to me.

Penny, excellent and well planned, I know I am tight but $595 is way over the top, I reckon with your plan of flowers, champagne, dinner etc etc it will be no more than about $300 max. Good on you, have a fab time.

Looks like our 25th will have to be a made up affair as well, I better get planning

Dave

Oh wow, I think your plan is absolutely beautiful! I wish you were on our cruise I'd ask you to officiate the ceremony for us! Our problem is we are sailing as just a couple and wouldn't know anyone to do that for us. I am struggling to believe that is all you get for $595? Its a lot of money for a certificate and a short ceremony. Hopefully Royal Romance will get back to me.

Aloha,

I hope you are able to get the information that you need and that all goes the way you want it too... If I were going to be on your cruise, I would volunteer to help you. I think vow renewals are so incredibly touching and meaningful. I am very interested to see what others have to say about this topic.

It sounds like CTCRUISERGIRL upgraded the renewal package but was very happy with what she received. I am sure that everyone has a different idea of what they want for their ceremony and how much they want to spend.

I want to do this for our 35th but also thought it was too much for what you get. If we had friends traveling with us it would be great but we do not. We may just just our own thing too and get pics done on formal night. My guess is they hike up the price so not many will do it.

Thanks

We were able to use our own music, they provided beautiful vows, photos, cake, champagne, flowers for me, boutonniere for Frank, and a vow renewal certificate. It was held in the chapel on the second formal night (I bought a new gown) so I was able to wear my gown to formal night. It was only $500 then and worth every penny :D

You can tell Frank is JUST as thrilled this time as the first time ;) Actually he just hates having his picture taken :)

288_18283561161_3778_n.jpg

Thanks

My thoughts exactly. For that price I could move up to a suite!

Spent 25th on Voyager at St Thomas

Spent 27th on Freedom at Cozumel

Spent 30th on Allure at Nassau

Spent 32nd on Allure at St Martin.

33 will be on Jewel at San Juan. Love May cruising. I can't see spending $595 and having the Bingo Director read a few words. Now if you were going on a cruise wiht a lot of friends and family.

My thoughts exactly. For that price I could move up to a suite!

Spent 25th on Voyager at St Thomas

Spent 27th on Freedom at Cozumel

Spent 30th on Allure at Nassau

Spent 32nd on Allure at St Martin.

33 will be on Jewel at San Juan. Love May cruising. I can't see spending $595 and having the Bingo Director read a few words. Now if you were going on a cruise wiht a lot of friends and family.

Our reasoning was because we had not had a vacation since we had gotten married 10 years before because we spent all of our spare time and money on animal rescue and we decided to combine our first vacation and a vow renewal all into one. PLUS, I had an excuse to get a new gown and I just love sparkly gowns :D

Ok - I CAN HELP!

I just got off the phone yesterday talking to CELEBRITY about this very same thing. On the Celebrity Cruise (ours happens to be the Infinity in Nov. 2015) you can do Vow Renewal:

for $450 (Ilse to Isle Plan) - the Ceremony is done by the Events Director

The Bride gets a Rose & the Groom gets a Boutoniere. There is a cake for two and a bottle of Champagne, and all the Certificate, etc.

Now there is also for $650 (True Love Knot) - the Ceremony is done BY THE CAPTAIN.

The bride gets more roses, and there's more "stuff". It also includes an 8 X10 of you and the Captain + an 8 X 10 of the ship.

We did this 5 years ago on the Jewel, but it was only $400 then. The CPA arranged everything, and she was WONDERFUL. The Cruise Director actually did the Ceremony - it was Joff. If you have ever been on the Independence (he's been there for years) you will love him.

NOW - let me tell you - both of these plans (as well as the one we did 5 years ago) includes "One Hour Photography Service" - WATCH OUT!

What they don't tell you, is after he takes you all over the ship (ours was the nicest guy in the world and took 200 pictures) they set up a meeting time two days later to go over the pictures - AND THE PRICE.

They wanted $850 for the smallest package they sold. If you wanted all the pictures on a CD, it was $1500.00 :eek:

After we raised caine and really griped a lot, the manager of the Photo Shop agreed to sell us 5 x 7's for $10 each! :mad:

If we had known that, and now we do, we would have had some friends along to take pictures. Yes, you can do that.

Hope This Helps.

Edited by DHADEN

We are also going to be doing a vow renewal on the IOS in April 2015. I am working with our TA on arranging it. I agree that the cost is a lot for what you get, but still want to do it anyway (we have also had several curveballs!). I actually haven't enlightened my DH on the cost, what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Right?! ;-). I am thinking the bare bones package, and just getting someone from our group to take a picture of us - I don't want/need a whole photo album - a couple of good pics will do just fine! :-). I was also contemplating just getting some silk flowers or something from Michaels for a bouquet and boutonniere. Is that allowed?

Any past experiences/thoughts/ideas/suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

If renewing your vows is the most important part of your celebration then consider what we did. Three years ago we celebrated our 25th and renewed our vows with the original priest that married us in April 1986. We googled his name and found him at a different parish about 15 miles from home. Then our vacation a few days later was a second honeymoon! My two sisters were our witnesses (and photographers), we had a lovely dinner afterwards and we couldn't have been happier. He was honored that we sought him out and we honored him with a nice amount of cash for his time.

I then made one of those photobooks at CVS by taking pictures of our original wedding photos, and then putting them side by side in the book with the current vow renewal photos. It was scary, actually - same poses, same head positions (a little more weight, a little less hair :p) but it came out so neat!

I realize this thread is about renewing while on board, but I thought I would share this with you, because I loved what we did. Whatever you do, congratulations to all, and realize that we are all so very lucky to have someone special in our lives to say those meaningful words all over again. I do. :)

I was just looking at the posts here and RC pricing and thought, "Wow! It's a good thing hubby and I did our 15-yr on HAL." I guess since HAL isn't noted for being a honeymooner's cruiseline, their pricing is more reasonable. We got dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant, corsage, 8x10 photo, certificate, champagne, and a small cake for around $100. The website shows $120 now so it may have been $110 three years ago. We didn't get the captain for the ceremony but it was still nice.