More entertainment to come?

Big Easy

Regent (PCH also owns Oceania) just announced their biggest show ever being added - Cirque 'n' Roll - starting after one of their ships renovations.

Could this be a preview of what to expect on Marina and Riviera?

If so, that would be better than any show "O" put's on.

Rick

I do not know when you last sailed on Oceania, but in the two-year hiatus between our 2011 and January 2014 cruises on Oceania, we thought the entertainment was improved dramatically. This is an excerpt from my review of our January Riviera cruise:

Since we last had sailed on an Oceania cruise, Oceania has hired Jean Ann Ryan Productions to provide show entertainers. The three shows offered by this group of four singers and four dancers plus two excellent ballroom dancers, including one with very strong production values showcasing the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, were very enjoyable. The two young male singers exhibited excellent voices and good stage presence, and one also did a great Elvis impersonator show during our cruise. There also were several opportunities to attend cabaret shows (one vocalist) at 6:15 PM in the Riviera Lounge or 10:45 PM in Horizons.

Regent (PCH also owns Oceania) just announced their biggest show ever being added - Cirque 'n' Roll - starting after one of their ships renovations.

Regent has been providing cirue-style shows for some time. We saw one in 2010. Perhaps this is an updated version. I believe the shows they're featuring are exclusive with Regent; the exclusive show with Oceania is the Andrew Lloyd Webber show on Riviera.

We just returned from FP on Marina and we found the entertainment much improved from 2012. There were a few shows on our cruise that were pretty good...was pleasantly surprised.

Edited by canuck.qc

This comment isn't really about the official shows, but I was very impressed with the singer in Horizons at our M&G on our November TA on Marina. I'm a classical singer and not always happy with pop singers, but this gal was just great.

Mura

Regent has been providing cirue-style shows for some time. We saw one in 2010. Perhaps this is an updated version. I believe the shows they're featuring are exclusive with Regent; the exclusive show with Oceania is the Andrew Lloyd Webber show on Riviera.

A combination of acrobatics and music, "Cirque Rock 'n' Roll" will debut on the ship during its current sailing from Monte Carlo to Venice -- and it's the line's biggest show ever. Put together by producer Jean Ann Ryan, it's described by Day as "a mix of rock 'n' roll -- older rock and new rock -- with strength stunts on stage and beautiful aerial work on silks and hoops." Performances will feature 12 singers and dancers and eight musicians, who will play tunes from the likes of Michael Jackson, Pink, Queen, Elvis and others.

Oceania puts them on too late...like 9:45. What would one do between dinner, say 7:45 until 9:45. They need to adjust their timing, I would think, or do two shows...or at least have something in one of the lounges early.

Oceania puts them on too late...like 9:45. What would one do between dinner, say 7:45 until 9:45. They need to adjust their timing, I would think, or do two shows...or at least have something in one of the lounges early.

Agree

Also Not conducive to port intensive cruises where folks have to get up early the next day for tours

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just returned from FP on Marina and we found the entertainment much improved from 2012. There were a few shows on our cruise that were pretty good...was pleasantly surprised.

The ones we saw were not much better than the old shows on Marina and the small ships. On the bigger ships they should do better. :(

Maybe eat a little later............

Brian

We generally dine as early as possible -- 6:30 (we eat around 5:00 at home) -- and most times we barely make the show ay 9:45. Perhaps too much good conversation at dinner... we could never handle an earlier show time; we would have to wait until after the show to eat (never happen) or rush dinner at the buffet, not going to happen, either. The shows are important to us; the only shows we have ever missed were because of long dinners in La Reserve or Privee.

People are usually eating at 7:45 more so than at 9:45

If there is a show we REALLY want to see we eat early at a 2 top or go to the buffet

There were a couple of special shows at 8pm on our Jan cruise ..I would have liked to have gone but not going to gobble my food in order to do so

We also eat early and found the time between dinner ending and the show hard to fill. There is music and danceing in the show room before the show however we found the seats so uncomfortable it was hard to hang out there. Each line is different. We are going on Crystal in June and they have two shows each night so it gives more options. After that it is the Europa2 and they just have one show at 10pm. Guess it all plays into what line you prefer.

It is great Oceania provides such a wide selection of things to do to meet everyones needs. You can go to the lounge, go to the show or spend the evening eating. I think it is all great and am happy for all no matter which activity they do.

We also eat early and found the time between dinner ending and the show hard to fill.

Evening trivia at 8:45 in Martinis is a lot of fun. :) Much less serious and more relaxing than daytime trivia and often run by the friendly and talented young adults from the nightly shows.

Our first Oceania cruise in June.... what time is daytime time trivia? is it after /during afternoon tea as on Regent?

Unfortunately it overlaps with tea - usually at 4:30.

On sea days there might be a morning trivia as well.