Here's What I've Been Told

kitty9

They were trying out tapas in Cellar Masters on the Infinity last June as well as using Michaels Club as a VIP lounge. We liked the tapas which you had to pay for. Wasn't cheap but made a pleasant change.

We are on Equinox on one of the first sailings after drydock, can't wait to try something new

I'm on this ship in seven weeks so I'm sure any changes will happen in the upcoming dry dock.

Sorry, I forgot about your sailing:o Now I will really have to be on the watch for great first hand information!:)

I'm on this ship in seven weeks so I'm sure any changes will happen in the upcoming dry dock.

When I was on the ship last October, Cellar Masters was usually empty. Michaels Club was usually empty. Michaels Club had whiskeys. I visited both because I had a huge onboard credit from the 321 deal to spend. Given that they seemed little used changes probably should be made.

When I was on the ship last October, Cellar Masters was usually empty. Michaels Club was usually empty. Michaels Club had whiskeys. I visited both because I had a huge onboard credit from the 321 deal to spend. Given that they seemed little used changes probably should be made.

Agree. We were on the Reflection a few weeks ago and they were using Michaels's Club for Zenith and suites. Cellar Masters was a empty every time that we passed it. I welcome the changes in this venue if in fact it happens.

No, you're not the only one :) A good selection of draft beer would be wonderful, & I'd love if they were serving real tapas & small plates, that's our favorite type of restaurant.

But I'll believe it when I see it. :)

30 draft beers would be a huge effort -- and one I support whole-heartedly! :eek::D:D:D

MARK

The OP only shared part of the story. What I was told by six other staff members was that the MDR was going to a fee based model similar to land based restaurants with each item on the menu having a separate price, the buffet is going to a reservation only system to minimize the crowds, there will be no more live performances in the theater, instead being replaced by recorded media presented on a large screen, and suite guests will have exclusive access to pools and the solarium from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day. Passengers will have to purchase the "Clean Cabin" package if they want their staterooms cleaned, or they can op to clean them on their own for no additional charge. Passengers will also have to bring their own soap, shampoo, and more importantly, their own toilet paper. Also, to reduce fuel costs, Celebrity ships will no longer leave port, but instead be permanently moored for the cruising season. They will be strategically located in ports throughout the old itinerary routes and passengers will be transported by bus from ship to ship to spend the night.

Edited by fortinweb

The OP only shared part of the story. What I was told by six other staff members was that the MDR was going to a fee based model similar to land based restaurants with each item on the menu having a separate price, the buffet is going to a reservation only system to minimize the crowds, there will be no more live performances in the theater, instead being replaced by recorded media presented on a large screen, and suite guests will have exclusive access to pools and the solarium from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day. Passengers will have to purchase the "Clean Cabin" package if they want their staterooms cleaned, or they can op to clean them on their own for no additional charge. Passengers will also have to bring their own soap, shampoo, and more importantly, their own toilet paper. Also, to reduce fuel costs, Celebrity ships will no longer leave port, but instead be permanently moored for the cruising season. They will be strategically located in ports throughout the old itinerary routes and passengers will be transported by bus from ship to ship to spend the night.

Need to check my calendar! Is it still April 1, 2014? Could this be an April Fools' Joke? Very creative writing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 167,221 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

the op only shared part of the story. What i was told by six other staff members was that the mdr was going to a fee based model similar to land based restaurants with each item on the menu having a separate price, the buffet is going to a reservation only system to minimize the crowds, there will be no more live performances in the theater, instead being replaced by recorded media presented on a large screen, and suite guests will have exclusive access to pools and the solarium from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm every day. Passengers will have to purchase the "clean cabin" package if they want their staterooms cleaned, or they can op to clean them on their own for no additional charge. Passengers will also have to bring their own soap, shampoo, and more importantly, their own toilet paper. Also, to reduce fuel costs, celebrity ships will no longer leave port, but instead be permanently moored for the cruising season. They will be strategically located in ports throughout the old itinerary routes and passengers will be transported by bus from ship to ship to spend the night.

lmao!!:):)

Edited by Gracie115

Wait for it. This will be reposted somewhere on cruise critic as a true statement. The chicken littles out there will eat this up and portend the end of Celebrity as we know it. Us Elites are going to have to find a new cruise line!!!

Royal CCL on it's larger ships

have had a pub for years. It works very well. On all but one cruise the pub was where the talent crew went. Most nights there was some pretty great impromptu to entertainment. Good place just to hang out and watch people, TV or some acoustic plying and singing. Fits between the nightclub, piano bar and final stroll around the deck.

FYI, for anyone cruising on Equinox in June, and sorry I don't know the date, there's a huge Italian group on board numbering 1200. You may find things being tailored to that group on that cruise.

Looking at the itineraries I would assume that it's either the 6/14 cruise out of Venice or the 6/28 cruise out of Rome.

Take it or leave it, for what it's worth.

They had a big meeting for all senior crew members yesterday, telling them of the upcoming changes. After speaking to a few different crew members, their tales were pretty much the same, except for one area----and right now only apply to Equinox. Cellar Masters will be changed to a British, tapas style pub with 30 draft beers and 30 bottled beers. They will serve small plates, which is a big thing in some places. There will also be big screen TV's for sports programming. Celebrity has listened to those who say they want a type of sports bar.

Now, here's the conundrum. Four people have said the suite dining area will be in the MDR, while two others said it will be in Bistro on 5. And, the included specialty dining will only be until the suite dining area is in place, and after that it will go back to having the extra charge. Bistro on 5 will continue to be for everyone for breakfast and lunch.

FYI, for anyone cruising on Equinox in June, and sorry I don't know the date, there's a huge Italian group on board numbering 1200. You may find things being tailored to that group on that cruise.

Hi Darcie:

Thanks very much for posting this information from the ship. We understand the spirit in which it was posted.

Sometimes I think that Celebrity management deliberately sends out a few conflicting pieces of information to get some feedback. They are certainly going to get some feedback on this thread! :D

Did you hear anything about pricing for the small plates? Any idea if they are talking about a service charge, or are they talking about pricing by the plate?

While it's not something on my wish list, I am open to the idea of a pub, as long as they keep the volume off on the TV's. If they keep the volume up on the TV's, you won't see me in there.

My DH would probably like it from time to time. I'm not a beer drinker, but do enjoy wine and tapas. I would be happier about Spanish-style tapas or Portuguese pinxos, rather than British pub food. This is something we are more likely to enjoy in the late afternoon on a sea day, or when we get back after a day in port, especially if we have later dining reservations. We usually try to skip lunch and have a few interesting bites later in the afternoon with a nice glass of wine.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone in Cellar Masters on any cruise. I wish Celebrity the best of luck in making this a more vibrant, well-used space.

We go to Bistro on 5 several times per cruise, so I hope we don't lose access to that restaurant.

Thanks again for taking the time to post!

Hi Darcie. Can you say where you got this information?

Various persons, but to name a few---the head boss for the specialty restaurants, the suite concierge, the assistant hotel manager and assistant bar manager.

A British style pub with big sports screens oh no :eek: if I wanted that I would stick to sailing on P and O Azura, I do hope that Celebrity is not downgrading to that level

Whoa, easy partner. Lets rethink this shall we?

I think X is taking a page out of the Princess playbook and making it even better. People love the English pub lunch on Princess. It is only open on sea days with them. This will be great. Bangers and mash and the like with a lot of craft beers to wash them down. If they don't have those bigscreens blaring, it will be great.

Brilliant X! (And tally ho)

Well, I for one am not going to jump all over the OP for posting what was disclosed by crew members. It might be incomplete and even have a few contradictions, but at least it's something to chew on.

Three thoughts though:

An "English tapas pub" sounds like the worst invention from some lazy Hollywood scriptwriter. All we need is a "
cor blimey, Mary Poppins
!" Dick Van Dyke lookalike wearing a Spanish sombrero to serve the beer.

Regardless of how many craft beers there are, I sincerely hope one of them will be served with a head on it and at the correct temperature, not chilled enough to numb your teeth.

At least it means that Celebrity will get some decent sport available for viewing on board. The last time I managed to see a Formula 1 race at sea was with P&O, about six years ago.

that pub would make sense if that ship is sailing alot from Great Britain.. we actually enjoyed the British Pub on QM2...esp. for lunch.

would hate to lose Bistro on 5 from any ship esp. b/c we have heard that AQ spa cafe is not doing the made to order grilled salmon for lunch...

The pub on the QM2 was specifically mentioned as what this pub would resemble.

Nothing against the OP but I really wish people would stop posting this type information. We can already see what happens when it's posted. I myself will wait until X makes the announcements.

Well, ok then. I'm done posting so not as to intrude on anyone's flight of fancy.

See you all----sometime. Btw, I hope no one else spoils anyone's reading here by posting ANY information about X until it comes from the company's president.

Well, ok then. I'm done posting so not as to intrude on anyone's flight of fancy.

See you all----sometime. Btw, I hope no one else spoils anyone's reading here by posting ANY information about X until it comes from the company's president.

Sorry that you took it so personal. It's just that this type thread throws some people in a tizzy over things that may or may not happen and it's not limited to the X board.

Edited by cruisingator2

Sorry that you took it so personal. It's just that this type thread throws some people in a tizzy over things that may or may not happen and it's not limited to the X board.

I don't know you or Kitty9 but I can see how this can be taken personally since you directly quoted the person.

I have found this discussion interesting and will continue to follow the thread.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Looking at the itineraries I would assume that it's either the 6/14 cruise out of Venice or the 6/28 cruise out of Rome.

We are sailing on 6/14. Any other info on the large Italian group? How would X cater to this group? Why should I be concerned about this?

I for one, appreciate your post! It sure doesn't spoil my anticipation of our next cruise and the changes coming. I read the post in the way I think you meant it to be read, not gospel but from a good source and I thank you for posting.