Future cruise certificate

Hi everyone!

We are sailing on the Liberty on April 21, we are super excited! Our TA suggested that if we love it, we should purchase a future cruise certificate while on board. We are already booked for the Oasis in Feb 2015 with some friends but would like the idea of reserving something this trip for Spring Break 2016.

Would we have to choose a date right then and there? If we we wrong on the date could we change it later? How much is the deposit? Perks? ( we know we would like ocean view balcony)

Do you get the same perks as doing an open booking, not even sure what that is either!

Thank you in advance for the advise!!

There have been some recent changes to the OBC you get if you purchase a certificate that allows you to select the cruise date late. [Open booking] The amount of OBC has been reduced pretty drastically.

To get the most benefit select a sailing ship/date while onboard--since you already know when you want to cruise. Your OBC will be based on cabin type and length of cruise.

$100 deposit per person. $25 OBC, Cruise Date can be left open.

We're sailing the Liberty in Sept. We're eager to hear your thoughts of the ship & your cruise. Hope you stay in touch!

Thank you both or your replies!!!

I can't believe how soon we will be sailing, I started packing today!

I will surely post all about the trip when we return!!

Just got off Indy today. I asked C&A very specific questions.

You will get the most OBC and of course the reduced deposit by picking a specific ship and sailing date.

If you later decide that specific date doesn't work for you it can be moved without any change to the OBC or deposit provided it is a cruise of the same length.

You will get the most OBC and of course the reduced deposit by picking a specific ship and sailing date.

If you later decide that specific date doesn't work for you it can be moved without any change to the OBC or deposit provided it is a cruise of the same length.

Thanks for reporting back. I've been wondering how they will handle changes to bookings made on board.

Thanks for reporting back. I've been wondering how they will handle changes to bookings made on board.

I'll bet that the LA's will now be super busy. I know that I will book a date now instead of an open booking and move it later.

I guess we were not made aware of picking a specific cruise to get more credit. We sailed the first week of March and I was under the impression we would get $100 OBC while leaving date open.

If you purchased your open booking before March 15, then you fall under the old system and have a higher OBC. Here are the old terms:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

Edited by clarea

Did they mention what might happen if you change it more than once?

Does the deposit convert to £75 for UK residents? And I know the OBC is based on cruise length, but is that the length of the cruise you are sailing on at point of booking or length of cruise booked? I assume its the latter but want to check :) Going on a 4 night cruise soon, but will be booking a transatlantic so hoping it's that way round :)

If you purchased your open booking before March 15, then you fall under the old system and have a higher OBC. Here are the old terms:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

The link info says you have to hand over $100 per person on application? my past 2 it was $100 for the Certificate when bought onboard and $100 for the second at booking time.

Also the OBC hasn't changed for longer cruises! I got $150 for my next 14 nighter with and old certificate and with the new terms it would give me the same $150 OBC.

Does the deposit convert to £75 for UK residents? And I know the OBC is based on cruise length, but is that the length of the cruise you are sailing on at point of booking or length of cruise booked? I assume its the latter but want to check :) Going on a 4 night cruise soon, but will be booking a transatlantic so hoping it's that way round :)

It is based on the length of the cruise that you book while onboard.

The link info says you have to hand over $100 per person on application? my past 2 it was $100 for the Certificate when bought onboard and $100 for the second at booking time.

Also the OBC hasn't changed for longer cruises! I got $150 for my next 14 nighter with and old certificate and with the new terms it would give me the same $150 OBC.

The open booking costs $100 per person, and you only need to put one person on the certificate. This part has not changed.

I don't understand your statement about the $150 OBC. The new terms for the open booking have a max of $100 OBC at 15+ days. The OBC drops to $75 from 11-14 days.

The open booking costs $100 per person, and you only need to put one person on the certificate. This part has not changed.

I don't understand your statement about the $150 OBC. The new terms for the open booking have a max of $100 OBC at 15+ days. The OBC drops to $75 from 11-14 days.

So this part doesnt mean OBC:confused:

3-5 Nights $25

6-9 Nights $100

10-14 Nights $150

15 + Nights $200

So this part doesnt mean OBC:confused:

3-5 Nights $25

6-9 Nights $100

10-14 Nights $150

15 + Nights $200

Those are pre 15-Mar-2014 terms.

See this document for the new terms:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Edited by clarea