On the Allure soon - Which was your favorite place to eat for??

First time going on a cruise....

Trying to decide which places to eat and when. I'll be travelling with two kids aged 15 and 6. Which places did you prefer to eat for:

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Which nights were the formal nights?

Thank you all!

Tammy

Better than MDR? We will be on Allure for the first time in October. Was there much of a wait?

I wouldn't say better, just nice to be outside and having a made to order breakfast. No wait for us. Many don't know about JR's breakfast (or they think there's a fee, which there is not) until later in the cruise.

I wouldn't say better, just nice to be outside and having a made to order breakfast. No wait for us. Many don't know about JR's breakfast (or they think there's a fee, which there is not) until later in the cruise.

I always read that JR breakfast was made to order, but we went on Oasis in December and it was Windjammer/room service breakfast food. I was kind of disappointed. But it was free so I can't complain ;).

Maybe it was just what I ordered. I just got scrambled eggs and bacon, but the eggs were the powdered WJ eggs and in the shape of an ice cream scoop like from room service. Actually, it looked exactly like room service, down to the garnish, except on a JR plate.

Maybe it was just a fluke. It wasn't crowded at all that morning. We did enjoy eating outside on the boardwalk, though. Being outside and being served definitely beats the WJ, even if it was the same food.

I always read that JR breakfast was made to order, but we went on Oasis in December and it was Windjammer/room service breakfast food. I was kind of disappointed. But it was free so I can't complain ;).

Maybe it was just what I ordered. I just got scrambled eggs and bacon, but the eggs were the powdered WJ eggs and in the shape of an ice cream scoop like from room service. Actually, it looked exactly like room service, down to the garnish, except on a JR plate.

Maybe it was just a fluke. It wasn't crowded at all that morning. We did enjoy eating outside on the boardwalk, though. Being outside and being served definitely beats the WJ, even if it was the same food.

We had fried eggs and omelettes on Allure, so no experience with the scrambled eggs.

I like the Boardwalk Dog House for lunch. You can get an assortment of different hot dogs and sausages.

Yumm!

Also a great place for lunch is Solarium Bistro.

For Dinner, try Samba Grill. It is quite good.

Wipeout café has a great breakfast, quick lunch

Johnny Rockets breakfast was really good. (fried eggs-potatoes)

MDR was nice for breakfast as well .

Room service breakfast is great for the view!

Lunch is park café or MDR on sea days.

Solarium Bistro lunch is light.

Windjammer was good too for lunch.

We stick to dinners in MDR since it's included in fare.

Snacks-Sorrentos pizza, hot dog stand

Edited by Brandonclan

Breakfast-Johnny Rockets or room service

Lunch-Park Cafe (really loved getting salads here and the famous roast beef sandwiches)

Dinner- Rita's (we went first night and it was so much fun...really made us feel like we were on vacation) Would be easy to do with a 6 and 15 year old too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a question, most of you choose Johnny Rockets (a place that I never would eat at, we don't eat fast food type foods) is the Windjammer breakfast that bad? Don't they offer omelets made to order in the Windjammer, any potatoes, breakast meats?

Another question I have many of you chose the Park Cafe for lunch, a place of just salad and sandwiches mainly...doesn't the windjammer offer meat carvings, a salad bar, hot entree dishes, side dishes and veggies?

I have a question, most of you choose Johnny Rockets (a place that I never would eat at, we don't eat fast food type foods) is the Windjammer breakfast that bad? Don't they offer omelets made to order in the Windjammer, any potatoes, breakast meats?

Another question I have many of you chose the Park Cafe for lunch, a place of just salad and sandwiches mainly...doesn't the windjammer offer meat carvings, a salad bar, hot entree dishes, side dishes and veggies?

The Windjammer on Oasis and Allure does not offer made to order eggs.

Lunch - Go to promenade deck fill your soda cup and grab the sunflower seed granola bar, then go to Park Café and grab 2 bags of chips. Head up to the Boardwalk and order a bratwurst from the Hot Dog place. Take a seat on the boardwalk and enjoy a lunch for champions. Tried the bratwurst on day 2 or 3 and this was my routine there after. They have 4 or 5 different bratwurst. They are delicious!! They even have bell peppers, onions and sourkraut(sp?).

Does the windjammer have hard boiled eggs?

My problem is that I need to be for medical purposes gluten and dairy free, I would assume the windjammer be the best place for me for breakfast and lunch...breakfast I can have hard boiled eggs, breakfast meats, fruit., and potatoes....lunch I can have meat carving, veggies, salad bar and potatoes where would the best place for me to have breakfast and lunch be, I assuming windjammer?

Does the windjammer have hard boiled eggs?

My problem is that I need to be for medical purposes gluten and dairy free, I would assume the windjammer be the best place for me for breakfast and lunch...breakfast I can have hard boiled eggs, breakfast meats, fruit., and potatoes....lunch I can have meat carving, veggies, salad bar and potatoes where would the best place for me to have breakfast and lunch be, I assuming windjammer?

Yes the Windjammer should suit all of the above.

Lunch - Go to promenade deck fill your soda cup and grab the sunflower seed granola bar, then go to Park Café and grab 2 bags of chips. Head up to the Boardwalk and order a bratwurst from the Hot Dog place. Take a seat on the boardwalk and enjoy a lunch for champions. Tried the bratwurst on day 2 or 3 and this was my routine there after. They have 4 or 5 different bratwurst. They are delicious!! They even have bell peppers, onions and sourkraut(sp?).

This is why Americans are obese.

Tammy296 they have healthy options at Park Cafe and the Windjammer if you don't want to ruin the septic system on your floor.

My fav lunch is to grab a yogourt parfait and granola bar from the spa on 6 and take it over to the diamond lounge. I enjoy my lunch overlooking the promenade and then make myself a latte. Heaven!

I agree about Rita's. We started our last cruise with the fiesta and it really kicked off the cruise. Loved the food and the atmosphere. We even returned later in the cruise for afternoon nachos and margarita's. They really treat you well.

kruzeri- Thank you, I am relieved to know the windjammer is best for me, I like to eat healthier, not a health nut, but just away from that fast food type foods. Even if I were not gluten free, I still won't be eating a sandwich on my trip. lol

SSSloves your absolutely correct...Americans eat horrible/poorly, this is why we have a high rate of people with cholesterol problems, stroke, heart attack,are obese/over weight, etc.

Fast food is all processed, it is very high in fat and some places use the bad oils that do get us sick in more ways than one. I am also positive artificial generated type foods are in fast food. I also feel everybody should be gluten free, if my body reacts to gluten as thousands of other people now also have this problem, imagine those who don't experience problems what will happen to them down the road, I am positive many will get other illnesses and diseases even cancer do to the GMO's and all the bad things they use on our crops such as herbicides and pesticides that were not too long ago 'FORBIDDEN" to be used by the FDA...nowadays, the FDA is NOT our friend. How about all the hormones, steroids and such they use on our cattle and poultry, thats bad to. I realize everything is bad (excluding fully usda organic) but its up to each of us to decide which foods are the better ones.

Years ago my sister took my other half and I to Johnny Rockets for a burger, we picked up that greasy burger and found the grease rolling down our hands onto our arms, it was discussing that we put the burger down and just left it, we could not eat that. Some people say that is why its good, I say it is totally unhealthy and not good for you. I also know they now have "biggie size" everything sure clog your arteries more!!!!

Sorry Americans need to realize what they putting into their bodies and what could happen, unfortunately, many continue to eat this fast food to come down with cholesterol and heart problems...then they realize what they did but its way too late the damage is done. I truly feel these fast food places should be shut down, just my opinion....

I am not saying that I don't cheat on cruises, its a vacation yes, but to be reasonable...I wonder whether the nachos in Rita's is corn or wheat?

kruzeri- Thank you, I am relieved to know the windjammer is best for me, I like to eat healthier, not a health nut, but just away from that fast food type foods. Even if I were not gluten free, I still won't be eating a sandwich on my trip. lol

SSSloves your absolutely correct...Americans eat horrible/poorly, this is why we have a high rate of people with cholesterol problems, stroke, heart attack,are obese/over weight, etc.

Fast food is all processed, it is very high in fat and some places use the bad oils that do get us sick in more ways than one. I am also positive artificial generated type foods are in fast food. I also feel everybody should be gluten free, if my body reacts to gluten as thousands of other people now also have this problem, imagine those who don't experience problems what will happen to them down the road, I am positive many will get other illnesses and diseases even cancer do to the GMO's and all the bad things they use on our crops such as herbicides and pesticides that were not too long ago 'FORBIDDEN" to be used by the FDA...nowadays, the FDA is NOT our friend. How about all the hormones, steroids and such they use on our cattle and poultry, thats bad to. I realize everything is bad (excluding fully usda organic) but its up to each of us to decide which foods are the better ones.

Years ago my sister took my other half and I to Johnny Rockets for a burger, we picked up that greasy burger and found the grease rolling down our hands onto our arms, it was discussing that we put the burger down and just left it, we could not eat that. Some people say that is why its good, I say it is totally unhealthy and not good for you. I also know they now have "biggie size" everything sure clog your arteries more!!!!

Sorry Americans need to realize what they putting into their bodies and what could happen, unfortunately, many continue to eat this fast food to come down with cholesterol and heart problems...then they realize what they did but its way too late the damage is done. I truly feel these fast food places should be shut down, just my opinion....

I am not saying that I don't cheat on cruises, its a vacation yes, but to be reasonable...I wonder whether the nachos in Rita's is corn or wheat?

You are so right about Johnny Rockets