Warning regarding drink package not showing

mariners

We just disembarked the Celebrity Millennium and we absolutely loved the itinerary. However, I spend hours down at Guest Services trying to fix problems with our billing. Despite having the invoices showing the drink package, it took days to get things sorted out in terms of billing. (Thank you, Judith, from Guest Services. You were the one person I could always count on to help!)

Our cards did not show the package. We could not get the cards changed until Miami sent approval to the ship. The only water one can purchase is from the premium package and it is not covered under the regular 123 promo. We were charged for water. We were charged for drinks. We were overcharged for drinks. The accounting errors were endless and it took Judith (and me going through information with her) days to get things rectified. Miami required us to provide invoices as proof that we should receive the credit. Take your invoice with the information with you!

However, we never could sort out getting the onboard credit promised under the 123 promo for our grandchildren's cabin. This was despite sending all of the invoices to Miami. They were emphatic that our grandchildren (who are much younger than 18) bought the cruise before the rest of us and were not eligible for the promo. In the big picture, $300 is not a big deal, but it really irked me that Celebrity did not honour the promo.

I will write a longer review of the trip once we are home.

Wow! What horrible costumer service. That $300 may cost them WAY more in the long run over bad press and somebody deciding to move to another cruise line due to what now are multiple accounts of this happening.

I already contacted my travel agent to make sure we were all set with the free drink package after a cruiser posted how much trouble it was when they boarded their cruise and the drink package was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have had the drink package compliments of the 123 or pick your perks on my last 4 cruises.

All were shown on my invoice and I also had emails and etc confirming that I had it and also showing that I paid in advance for the premium pack on one of them. 2 of those 4 did not have the drink pack indicated on my cruise card including the one that I had paid for the premium pack in advance. Both times I had to stand in line at guest services to get it straighten out. Both times they told me that we weren't on the list. I showed them my emails, invoices and etc and they said that those didn't mean anything. I called my TA and they were able to get it corrected. The last time it happened was March on the Eclipse.

After that I don't upgrade in advance and also keep all correspondence, get confirmations and make sure to take copies plus duplicates. Plus I call my TA to make sure that someone will be available on embarkation day with a back up number or agent just in case.

🍸🍻

Edited by miched

Sorry to hear of you billing problems Mariners.

Did you bring your invoice and that of your grand kids that showed the 123 Promo ?

Not that you should have to do so but I had a free gratuities promo on a RC cruise.

Thank goodness I brought the copy of the invoice specifying this because they didn't list it and refused to believe me.

Like you, it took multiple trips to Guest Services to fix this. Without the copy I wouldn't have gotten what was promised.

Even then it took too much of my time, and theirs, to get it straighten out. .

Did the drink packages show on your -docs? Just printed mine and show the Wave Promo - Classic Package and then my Classic to Premium Upgrade - hoping that if there are issues that this is proof enough... want my first drink in hand asap. Last cruise I paid full price for the premium package and loved not having to worry about each drink, then I considered it it was pay now or pay later more of a convienence.... now I have it free (or at least included in the higher cruise price)....

oh boy ... don't get me started :rolleyes:

FWIW ...I booked through Celebrity when I had my problem

After I read your thread I printed out my invoice just in case, and asked as soon as we boarded if the drink package was on our cards :)

My Wave Promotion was bit appearing on my account so I called customer service. They told me it doesn't show. After reading some other posts I called the captains club number. They added it and I printed out all my docs as proof. However, the $75 obc amount from Celebrity gas disappeared and Celebrity says I'm not entitled to it. Wrong. I hAve it inheriting from my TA so someone is going to pay for sure. :mad:

My Wave Promotion was bit appearing on my account so I called customer service. They told me it doesn't show. After reading some other posts I called the captains club number. They added it and I printed out all my docs as proof. However, the $75 obc amount from Celebrity gas disappeared and Celebrity says I'm not entitled to it. Wrong. I hAve it inheriting from my TA so someone is going to pay for sure. :mad:

did you book through a travel agency or through Celebrity?

Your TA's OBC will not show on Celebrity's invoice. It will be on your TA's invoice

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

when i booked my cruise through my travel agency they gave me the classic bev package. It shows on the invoice(from the TA) but not on the eDocs or any celebrity reservation info. I called my TA and they contacted celebrity. Celebrity said they do have record of it. In my experience of booking, 1 person may say something and another person may contradict that. I would just hate to show up on the boat and have to go through this whole issue with the beverage package some people are having. Do you think I should be concerned?

This is a worrying issue. No one wants to start a cruise concerned they may have to fight to get what was promised as part of the deal and Im already tense thinking about boarding in two weeks time. Based on other threads we have our Celebrity Invoice printed which shows the drinks package and free tips plus our edocs show the drinks package however based on some posts Guest Relations dont accept these as evidence!

If a customer has this issue they should add the drinks package to the seapass but say it will be refunded when its been confirmed by Celebrity that it should have been included.

However, given that a large majority of the passengers on ships will currently have drinks package included Im hoping these posts about issues are just affecting a handful of people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After I read your thread I printed out my invoice just in case, and asked as soon as we boarded if the drink package was on our cards :)

As soon as you have your Sea Pass, look at it. Below your name, ship name, date and number there is a smaller "Package type" printed und you will find some small letters - CALL for classic alcoholic package, PALL for premium etc.

mariners: I would also like to know if you booked with X or TA or even transfered from X to TA, thanks!

Edited by UniPac

I booked our cruise through Celebrity, and not a TA as, in the past, I have found it easier to deal with Celebrity myself rather than going through a TA.

On this cruise, I had the documents printed that showed we had the package. Guest Relations do not have any option other than contacting Celebrity in Miami to ensure that the documents are the "final" documents and that the package is still in place. Miami got back to Guest Relations and informed them that we did have the classic drink package. However, it took 3 days and, by that time, we had bottled water, drinks, etc. on our bill. Initially, until we met with Judith, the cost of the water was not going to be refunded. However, she understood that we could not buy the classic water as they do not sell it to passengers and, therefore, were only allowed to purchase the premium water. She ensured that we were refunded that cost. We were not so lucky with the first Guest Relations person with whom we met.

In terms of the grandchildren's cabin, we had all of the documents from e-mails that I had to download and then provide Guest Relations with the e-mails. Although Judith tried, Miami refused to honour the $300 credit as they were adamant that the children had booked their cabin before the rest of the group and no package was available at that time. I have yet to decide if I will pursue this once I am home.

The line ups at Guest Relations was long. Be prepared to address the issue as soon as you board if your card doesn't show the drink package. We "presumed" incorrectly that ours did as we are "classic" members and we took that designation to mean that we had the "classic" package.

Once we had the drink package, we had another issue and that was because our cards were taken at the end of a meal and the four glasses of wine were billed at that time. Correcting that issue meant standing in line at Guest Services again. It was not corrected the first time that I had to return to get things sorted out.

As soon as you have your Sea Pass, look at it. Below your name, ship name, date and number there is a smaller "Package type" printed und you will find some small letters - CALL for classic alcoholic package, PALL for premium etc.

!

As soon as I checked in and got my Sea Pass I seen that it was not indicate on my Pass. I asked the person at the desk and both times that I had the problem was told the same that I would have to take it up with Guest Realations on board the ship. Those at the check in desk don't have any access to anything other that giving you the card after checking you in.

It is a pain to have to stand in line at guest relations and then be told that there is no indication of being on the package and to come back later and check again but in the mean time just have a drink and charge it.

It happened to me 2 out of 4 times and I had a different TA on each. I switched TAs thinking that was the reason for the error but apparently it wasn't. ,

🍸🚢

when i booked my cruise through my travel agency they gave me the classic bev package. It shows on the invoice(from the TA) but not on the eDocs or any celebrity reservation info. I called my TA and they contacted celebrity. Celebrity said they do have record of it. In my experience of booking, 1 person may say something and another person may contradict that. I would just hate to show up on the boat and have to go through this whole issue with the beverage package some people are having. Do you think I should be concerned?

I see my beverage package on the documents I just received but it's not on my cruise reservation on the Celebrity site. Should I call my TA or Celebrity?:confused:

I booked thru a TA also. I got their invoice that said I got the bev pkg as well but on X's site my booking showed only as On Hold and nothing about the bev pkg. I called my TA and he's said it is on there. Just to wait. It took X several months to update my booking. Now it shows Booked and with the Wave promo classic bev pkg. but I will still print out all my paperwork just in case.

We are in the same situation as you guys!! We are booked in a large group (over 100) with a TA and have the classic bev. package on our TA invoice, but nothing on Celebrity web-site about it. Our booking on the web-site also says on hold for 24 hrs. Our cruise on the Silhouette

does not go till Jan. 18,2015. I sure hope things get straighted out!! We have done over 10 cruises with Celebrity and are not happy with what I have been reading about this situation.

John & Priscilla

On our Silhouette cruise we hsd our booking proof for the alc package but our seapass card did not have whatever sticker or marking was needed....we knew it was an issue and made a beeline to guest rel..where it was cheerfully corrected immed for us and dozens of others on same line

would not be good to hsve to wait for Miami to approve it...if that is current procedure...

On our Silhouette cruise we hsd our booking proof for the alc package but our seapass card did not have whatever sticker or marking was needed....we knew it was an issue and made a beeline to guest rel..where it was cheerfully corrected immed for us and dozens of others on same line

would not be good to hsve to wait for Miami to approve it...if that is current procedure...

This was our situation on the Infinity a year ago. The classic pkg was on our invoice, but never appeared on the website.

Went to guest relations immediately on boarding and showed them our invoice. They wrote down our cabin number and gave us a sticker right away.

I would have been very annoyed if I had to wait several days for resolution.

Mike

I called celebrity today and they told me that it will not appear on the edocs and may not appear on the site either. They said that since my invoice reads beverage package that should be enough. That doesn't really keep me statisified as id like to know if celebrity has that on their system. celebrity told me they are unable to answer questions about perks given by ta's

Edited by masked