Drink Package-how did you like it?

When on Labadee since it is RCCL private island does you drink package work at the bars on the island and with the walking bartenders selling the drinks?

Yes, the drink packages work on Labadee and Coco Cay. However, you might find the roving bartenders mostly have drinks on souvenir glasses, which are not included in the packages. You may have to ask for a drink in a plain glass or go to a bar.

Edited by clarea

Not sure why people say your probably not get to the 5-6 drink daily to break even with port days.

Usually back on board in time to enjoy a couple of drinks before dinner, especially Martini's, then a couple with dinner, then at least a couple or more if you go to the shows.

Even port days I will have bailey's with my coffee at breakfast.

That's about $60-$65 without much effort or over indulging.

8 drinks in a 14 hour day IMHO is very doable.

I'm getting into martini's lately.. Looks like they are included? do they use rot gut vodka? Lotsof varities?

I'm getting into martini's lately.. Looks like they are included? do they use rot gut vodka? Lotsof varities?

Martinis are included and you have virtually your choice of which liquor, the specific listed martinis use the liquor listed (ie flavors vodkas, or type of gin, etch), but you can always ask for a different brand if you prefer something else. We have had the Premium many times, and I am a vodka drinker, and have not come across a vodka yet that is not included in the package. Maybe the super high end specialty straight from the Russian countryside or some-such, but Keel One, Grey Goose, Belvedere, Ciroc, etch (and of course, Smirnoff, Absolute, etc. bleh) .... all included.

Martinis are included and you have virtually your choice of which liquor, the specific listed martinis use the liquor listed (ie flavors vodkas, or type of gin, etch), but you can always ask for a different brand if you prefer something else. We have had the Premium many times, and I am a vodka drinker, and have not come across a vodka yet that is not included in the package. Maybe the super high end specialty straight from the Russian countryside or some-such, but Keel One, Grey Goose, Belvedere, Ciroc, etch (and of course, Smirnoff, Absolute, etc. bleh) .... all included.

thanks princess! I just have a hard time paying $63 x 4 for drinks when he cruise was only $346. I will drink that much but a I might do a little smuggling.

thanks princess! I just have a hard time paying $63 x 4 for drinks when he cruise was only $346. I will drink that much but a I might do a little smuggling.

Rethink your price point. Consider it a 4 day drinks inclusive cruise for under $600. :beer:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just returned from the Navigator, the wife and I both had the premium package neither one of us were ever more than " functionally intoxicated" over a a seven day cruise with 3 1/2 sea days and we absolutely got our money's worth and then some compared to pay as you go drinking.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app

Why by four? Not everyone in a cabin has to buy a package, nor does anyone at all have to buy a package. You can simply pay as you go and get whatever you want whenever you want. Or gift yourself OBC and use it to buy drinks as you go. Works out the same as a package with no restrictions. If you're hesitant, so t buy in advance, it's the same price onboard as in advance. You can check it out in person and then decide.

For us it's a no brained. Between water (I see k 3 or more liters a day plus hubby's intake) and cocktails in the evening, it's a no brainer for us. For others, it simply doesn't work out. No big deal either way.

Why by four? Not everyone in a cabin has to buy a package, nor does anyone at all have to buy a package. You can simply pay as you go and get whatever you want whenever you want. Or gift yourself OBC and use it to buy drinks as you go. Works out the same as a package with no restrictions. If you're hesitant, so t buy in advance, it's the same price onboard as in advance. You can check it out in person and then decide.

For us it's a no brained. Between water (I see k 3 or more liters a day plus hubby's intake) and cocktails in the evening, it's a no brainer for us. For others, it simply doesn't work out. No big deal either way.

I'm pretty sure they are on a 4 day cruise. $63x4days

The package was absolutely worth it to me on our Indy cruise in January. This is because we were cruising with about 25 of our friends, and knowing how we hang, I got every penny's worth. So fun to try new drinks, totally risk free!

However, on the Allure next month, it's just the immediate family, no friends this time. Given the Diamond vouchers from 5 - 8pm, I think we will do the pay per drink option for that cruise :cool:

I think this was worth it for me. I had the Premium Package on a 7 day Allure cruise. I'm more of a liquor drinker though and I really enjoyed drinking premium brands that I wouldn't always be drinking at home.

It wasn't just about the alcohol either. I did end up getting around 8 waters throughout the cruise, 3 of which were in Labadee.

We don't drink a lot of alcohol so a package for that seems wasted on us. However, I do have to drink a lot of water during the day.

I was looking at the Royal Caribbean dining options, and the price they are quoting for 12 bottles of water is $40.30, which is $3.36 per bottle. That seems over the top for water.

Husband thinks we can just drink from the tap, but I am a bit leery about that. Would you drink the tap water in a boat? Or should we just grit our teeth and buy the bottles?

We don't drink a lot of alcohol so a package for that seems wasted on us. However, I do have to drink a lot of water during the day.

I was looking at the Royal Caribbean dining options, and the price they are quoting for 12 bottles of water is $40.30, which is $3.36 per bottle. That seems over the top for water.

Husband thinks we can just drink from the tap, but I am a bit leery about that. Would you drink the tap water in a boat? Or should we just grit our teeth and buy the bottles?

Did you look at the royal replenish ( the 20 dollar one). That's unlimited soda, coffee, tea, oj and WATER

We find no problem with the taste of the tap water. However, my wife has had swelling problems in her ankles in the past, and we find drinking bottled water has greatly reduced the swelling.

Others have reported they brought a case of water onboard with them. They just put a luggage tag on the water or put it in a duffle bag, and it will get delivered to your cabin with the rest of your luggage.

Did you look at the royal replenish ( the 20 dollar one). That's unlimited soda, coffee, tea, oj and WATER

That is a good package for those who do not drink alcohol- or perhaps one drink a day. You can also take the bottled water with you when you are in the ports- so it really works out. We like to take our morning medication and brush our teeth with bottled water also, so we always keep a few bottles that we get at the bars in our cabin cooler (fridge). Buying individual water on board and in the ports really adds up.

On Carnival both people in the cabin 21 and over HAS to buy the Cheers program, how does it work on Royal?? My husband does NOT drink a drop of liqour or beer so he always just get the unlimited soda package. Can I get the premimum drink package and he only get the soda package???

On Carnival both people in the cabin 21 and over HAS to buy the Cheers program, how does it work on Royal?? My husband does NOT drink a drop of liqour or beer so he always just get the unlimited soda package. Can I get the premimum drink package and he only get the soda package???

Royal now allows you to purchase the drink package for just one person so you're set!

The water in the water package is evian. When we ordered it in Jan we got 1.5 liter bottles. That was a LOT of water.

The water you get onboard when you order and pay normally for a bottle of water is likely going to be 500 ml of evian.

With Replenish it's likely to be Crystal Geyser or another non-imported spring water. It will NOT be evian.

Makes me wonder for our 3 night cruise if we should even book a drink package. We spend one day in cococay and 8 hours in Nassau. Ugh decisions, decisions!

We are in the same boat. No pun intended. ;)

If I booked through a TA, do they have to add the drink package or do I add it online myself?

Do it yourself online.

We just got back from the Allure, and we both had the Premium package. Totally worth it for us, we got more than our money's worth, and were never drunk at all. I drank a lot of Dasani & Dasani Sensations from the Freestyle machines, hubby drank a lot of Coke Zero. We had martini's at the Trellis Bar and Frozen Lemonade at the pool bar and a whole group of us took over the Schooner bar every night and Ni brought us shooters and Italian Tea and amazing Perfect Patron Margaritas and I had sambucas and Elderflower liquor with lemonade, and oh, one night we went through a whole bottle of Godiva Chocolate Liquor when he made us mudslides (we asked him to sub the Godiva in for Kahlua).

If you're on the Allure, find whatever bar Ni is in and make friends. He's amazing. Just about everyone in our group had a package, and nobody was sorry they did.

You can absolutely do exactly that.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Forums mobile app