Oh happy day for anti_lounge chair hog

Beach1

And frankly I've never been in a situation where you couldn't find chairs somewhere not more than a few minutes walk from the pool. So as long as there are other chairs, why do I need to schlep my stuff around? :rolleyes:

You don't need to schlep, or haul your stuff around. You just need to ask the pool attendant where they have put it. Since you've never been in a situation where you couldn't find a chair, finding a new one shouldn't be a problem.

Health conscious person that you are, you probably shouldn't spend much time laying about in the sun, the CDC suggests minimizing your exposure to the sun between 10 am and 4 pm so you are better off not being out there. The USDA concurs noting that 80% of UV rays can penetrate clouds and 60% of daily UVB reaches the earth's surface between 10am and 3pm. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sitzmark

Now you throw in some BA water slides and/or a lazy river and that is a different story. That is what cruise ships really need. Lazy rivers. How awesome would it be to have a lazy river that goes around an entire deck?

Debbie

I think this is an awesome idea!!

Lazy rivers. How awesome would it be to have a lazy river that goes around an entire deck?

Supposedly this was one of the ideas for the Disney Dream-class ships. They found it took up too much deck space in the designs and it evolved into the Aquaduck.

Entltled, are we?

I'll guess we'll just have to pick up the whole chair and move it, or carry the whole mess to the attendant.

Or maybe, 'accidently' :p spill my lunch, drink, ice cream, etc. on it. :D

the new policy is that there's no need to sign out a towel -- so now the problem gets bigger. People do not return towels - so there you come to get a chair and there are a couple of hundred chairs with towels slung over them. So What to Do??

You increase your helpfulness factor to 11!

Helpfully return all those lost towels to the towel station! I'd give you a gold star as an excellent helper.

No, I'm not taking my stuff with me to the bar or the restaurant or sauna.

Yes, it's my chair for the day, as long as I'm going to use it more than 50% of the time I have stuff on it.....And frankly I've never been in a situation where you couldn't find chairs somewhere not more than a few minutes walk from the pool. So as long as there are other chairs, why do I need to schlep my stuff around? :rolleyes:

Wow. But no. Just because you're going to use the chair "more than 50% of the time" you have stuff on it doesn't mean you can hog it while you go off to do whatever for however long. That is just rude and selfish. :rolleyes:

You don't need to schlep, or haul your stuff around. You just need to ask the pool attendant where they have put it. Since you've never been in a situation where you couldn't find a chair, finding a new one shouldn't be a problem.

Ding ding ding, callers we have a winner! :)

That or find the nearest locksmith....LOL

I'll guess we'll just have to pick up the whole chair and move it, or carry the whole mess to the attendant.

Or maybe, 'accidently' :p spill my lunch, drink, ice cream, etc. on it. :D

Health conscious person that you are, you probably shouldn't spend much time laying about in the sun, the CDC suggests minimizing your exposure to the sun between 10 am and 4 pm so you are better off not being out there. The USDA concurs noting that 80% of UV rays can penetrate clouds and 60% of daily UVB reaches the earth's surface between 10am and 3pm. :rolleyes:
Yes, that's why I take a long lunch, hang out in the shade at the bar, go for a sauna, and then go back to my chair a few hours later when the sun is lower on the horizon.

And by the way, not all chaise lounges are in the sun. And I always use a broad spectrum sunscreen, every day, all year long. And my skin looks fabulous for my age.

I think quite a few people are wearing underwear that's too tight.

Honestly, I really don't.

Is that in the bible or something? :rolleyes:

No, I'm not taking my stuff with me to the bar or the restaurant or sauna.

Yes, it's my chair for the day, as long as I'm going to use it more than 50% of the time I have stuff on it. (That's in the bible.) It's not my fault if the cruise line doesn't have enough chaise lounges for its passengers. And frankly I've never been in a situation where you couldn't find chairs somewhere not more than a few minutes walk from the pool. So as long as there are other chairs, why do I need to schlep my stuff around? :rolleyes:

Because people like me are likely to turn it in at the towel stand.

Yes, that's why I take a long lunch, hang out in the shade at the bar, go for a sauna, and then go back to my chair a few hours later when the sun is lower on the horizon.

And by the way, not all chaise lounges are in the sun. And I always use a broad spectrum sunscreen, every day, all year long. And my skin looks fabulous for my age.

I think quite a few people are wearing underwear that's too tight.[/QUOTE]

Or wearing swimsuits they have no business being in :eek::eek::eek:

I completely think that 30 minutes is plenty of time to hold a chair. If you haven't been back in that length of time it should be open to whoever wants it. If you are going to the buffet area it doesn't take that long to get your food and get back. If you are going to the dining room, give up the chair and get another one later.

What do ppl do if they have kids they need to watch by the h20 ? Stand up everywhere?

Sorry I'm a newbie going on my first cruise this weekend. Before you think carefully about what I've said, do not slam me... I'm entitled to an opinion and I have a valid question/thought concerning those with young kids as well.

I'll have two kids w me I have to think about besides myself. I hope someone doesn't remove our towel or worse, vandalize our property. While I don't plan to schlep around much without a chair i do plan to enjoy our vacation too, I hope I don't have to worry too much about it while on vacation either 😤 after reading many responses about this topic, I stopped to think about ppl putting towels on chairs who may have young children. I tried to think of reasons I might be out of my chair for more than 30 minutes. Not hard to think of....not even if you have a child with ADHD or god forbid any other disability.

No offense but I find this topic and many responses odd. It seems a matter of common courtesy and common sense. If someone's "hogging a chair" with a towel but they aren't sitting in it I'll sit in it until they come along ...no big deal ... I mean what if they have kids??? For this I could understand timing past 30 mins being a factor. For 4,5,6 hours.... Ok that's pushing it! So go use the chair....

The allure is huge. If I've sat 30 mins just to watch 30 mins go by just to catch chair hogs then I hope I didn't go back on that cruise again after that because that would mean there's not enough to do on it besides sit around catching chair hogs all day... :( sounds very boring and a wasted vacation to me....just worrying about chairs?

I know I am not arguing with anyone about chairs I'll try my best to use common sense and common courtesy for others while I'm on my first cruise. I will also try to do my best to think of my children first. Thankfully I'm only looking for three chairs out of 1000's. I hope others will use common sense and courtesy about the chairs I find. If I'm not in it and you want to use it til I get back no problem I do not mind.

Rant done. Thank you if you read it and you did not respond rudely. If you plan to respond rudely please move on to the next person. Have a great trip everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What do ppl do if they have kids they need to watch by the h20 ? Stand up everywhere?

Sorry I'm a newbie going on my first cruise this weekend. Before you think carefully about what I've said, do not slam me... I'm entitled to an opinion and I have a valid question/thought concerning those with young kids as well.

I'll have two kids w me I have to think about besides myself. I hope someone doesn't remove our towel or worse, vandalize our property. While I don't plan to schlep around much without a chair i do plan to enjoy our vacation too, I hope I don't have to worry too much about it while on vacation either after reading many responses about this topic, I stopped to think about ppl putting towels on chairs who may have young children. I tried to think of reasons I might be out of my chair for more than 30 minutes. Not hard to think of....not even if you have a child with ADHD or god forbid any other disability.

No offense but I find this topic and many responses odd. It seems a matter of common courtesy and common sense. If someone's "hogging a chair" with a towel but they aren't sitting in it I'll sit in it until they come along ...no big deal ... I mean what if they have kids??? For this I could understand timing past 30 mins being a factor. For 4,5,6 hours.... Ok that's pushing it! So go use the chair....

The allure is huge. If I've sat 30 mins just to watch 30 mins go by just to catch chair hogs then I hope I didn't go back on that cruise again after that because that would mean there's not enough to do on it besides sit around catching chair hogs all day... :( sounds very boring and a wasted vacation to me....just worrying about chairs?

I know I am not arguing with anyone about chairs I'll try my best to use common sense and common courtesy for others while I'm on my first cruise. I will also try to do my best to think of my children first. Thankfully I'm only looking for three chairs out of 1000's. I hope others will use common sense and courtesy about the chairs I find. If I'm not in it and you want to use it til I get back no problem I do not mind.

Rant done. Thank you if you read it and you did not respond rudely. If you plan to respond rudely please move on to the next person. Have a great trip everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are very few chairs by the H2O kids area. We usually put all of our stuff on 1 chair and stand at the waters edge keeping a safe watch on our son. There aren't really chogs at the kids pool. Mainly as if the don't have kids why would they want to sit there. Also, why would they want to swim in that water.:eek: There are parents that don't watch their kids but that's another discussion.

As for chogs at other pools, they can be rampant. As you said courtesy goes a long way. Being respectfully of chair rules is great, break the rules and as you read above things can happen. Just because one has kids, it doesn't make an excuse to go over the 30 minute time frame. If you are there and they ran off to the arcade or wipeout cafe for 20 minutes that is no problem. Now if they went to the Flowrider for the morning that is a different story.

It sounds like you get the theory. The cruisers who safe multiple seats while they go to the gym for an hour and their teenagers are still sleeping are hogs. Two hours later they all finally return arrive after their work out, change of cloths, and eating at the windjammer. They then plop themselves into their prime seating area, hoarded by the waters edge hours earlier. There is a difference between courtesy and self centred actions.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Common sense and courtesy are a lost value in today's me first (entitled ) society.

Hell I get looked at funny if I hold a door open for people, for those of us old enough to remember when that was what you were suppose to do.

Common sense and courtesy are a lost value in today's me first (entitled ) society.

Hell I get looked at funny if I hold a door open for people, for those of us old enough to remember when that was what you were suppose to do.

And when you do hold it open, how many remember to say thank-you... sadly not that many.

And yes, I DID remove the towels from the chairs and turn them in at the towel stand.

Good! :D

I stopped to think about ppl putting towels on chairs who may have young children. I tried to think of reasons I might be out of my chair for more than 30 minutes. Not hard to think of....not even if you have a child with ADHD or god forbid any other disability.

If someone's "hogging a chair" with a towel but they aren't sitting in it I'll sit in it until they come along ...no big deal ... I mean what if they have kids??? For this I could understand timing past 30 mins being a factor.

First of all, I have children so please do not think this is coming from some kind of "child hater." But why does having a child grant you special privileges? Just because I have a child and might have to leave the pool area longer than 30 minutes to tend to him/get him lunch/whatever, doesn't mean I automatically have the right to save that chair indefinitely just because I have a child who might require my time.

Mind you, no one has said they expect everyone "using" chair to actually be IN that chair the entire time... we get it- people swim, they go in the hot tub, they sit or stand at the edge to watch their kids. But in my opinion you do need to be actively using the pool area, and not getting lunch, a nap, playing bingo etc. And if you are at the pool with the kids and they are in the pool, they don't each need their own chair to store their towel and shirt. I have watched families come stake out 4 or 5 chairs. Mom and dad use their chairs but the kids never leave the pool... yet each has a chair to hold their stuff. In that situation, be considerate and put all the kids' stuff on one chair, or in your pool bag. :)

We always take plastic clothes pins to secure our towels to the chair on windy days. A couple of years ago i started carrying quarter-page cardboard and a Sharpie. When I leave my chair for any length of time I write the time I leave and the time I expect to be back and clip it to the chair. Also, "If I'm late and you really need the chair, just put my stuff on the deck at the head of the chair and make yourself comfortable." I'm usually on time, but the one time I was excessively late the guy in the chair had folded my stuff much more neatly than I would have. I thanked him and went to another chair.

Edited by Dd992emo

lest we forget:

Many folks need to return to their cabin for a drink form their rum runners

Many folks need to lay out their Cozumel t-shirt for formal night

Many folks need to get down to the guest services desk to remove their gratuities

Seriously, the only reason RCI does not enforce their own rules is fear of losing a return passenger.....they assume those that follow the rules will not make decisions with their future vacation dollar based on rules violations of others.

lest we forget:

Many folks need to return to their cabin for a drink form their rum runners

Many folks need to lay out their Cozumel t-shirt for formal night

Many folks need to get down to the guest services desk to remove their gratuities

Seriously, the only reason RCI does not enforce their own rules is fear of losing a return passenger.....they assume those that follow the rules will not make decisions with their future vacation dollar based on rules violations of others.

lol @ the many folks part. but what if someone is in the juccuzzi and comes out to no belongings nor towel?

one of my favorite things to do is to get up at 700 am and head for the pool. Already many seats with towels being "held". No one around. So, what I do is "change seats" moving someones stuff say 4 seats away, etc. Yes its a bit "evil" when the people come back at 1100 am and argue about why this other person is in "their seat"...