Oh happy day for anti_lounge chair hog

Beach1

This old cruiser and my wife had the most enjoyable day on our first cruise day. We went up to get lounge chair at 8:55 AM.

11 chairs in a row had towels and assorted items on them and no people. I got our towels and made a statement " where in the hell are all these people " and pointed at the 11 lounges. The Pool Patrol was standing there and he said wait a minute. He got 2 more pool patrols and they got the 11 towels and items and put the items on a stand. Then they walked around and took towels and items from at least 40 or more. They had their arms full of towels and items. It was really enjoyable to see the people come back 10 am and later and wondered where their towels and items were. They would come to towel stand and were told that after 30 minutes towels were removed and showed them the area to look for their items .

This old cruiser and my wife had the most enjoyable day on our first cruise day. We went up to get lounge chair at 8:55 AM.

11 chairs in a row had towels and assorted items on them and no people. I got our towels and made a statement " where in the hell are all these people " and pointed at the 11 lounges. The Pool Patrol was standing there and he said wait a minute. He got 2 more pool patrols and they got the 11 towels and items and put the items on a stand. Then they walked around and took towels and items from at least 40 or more. They had their arms full of towels and items. It was really enjoyable to see the people come back 10 am and later and wondered where their towels and items were. They would come to towel stand and were told that after 30 minutes towels were removed and showed them the area to look for their items .

They were enforcing it similarly in the Solarium with our recent 3/1 Independence cruise, but not to the level you indicate. More "one by one", but through use of the 30-minute cards left on the chairs first before the towels were removed. Sounds like they stepped it up a notch with your cruise!

I LOVE THIS.... i think 30 minutes may be a little short, but if they had an actual timer they could put on the chair (cost... i know) that would blink after 1 hour, wouldn't that be great?

Just because I know i've left my chair to grab lunch and it may take me more than 30 minutes.

But I hate it when you go to the pool at 8am and everything is covered..... how about when you see ONE flip flop on one chair and the OTHER on the other chair?

Show some effort people.... :D

I LOVE THIS.... i think 30 minutes may be a little short, but if they had an actual timer they could put on the chair (cost... i know) that would blink after 1 hour, wouldn't that be great?

Just because I know i've left my chair to grab lunch and it may take me more than 30 minutes.

But I hate it when you go to the pool at 8am and everything is covered..... how about when you see ONE flip flop on one chair and the OTHER on the other chair?

Show some effort people.... :D

At the risk of being rude...this is also reserving chairs. :D

If a particular spot is that important (I know some people NEED the sun and some like them in the shade) then why not eat in shifts? I mean, if you are on a cruise with someone, the odds are pretty good that you know them and spending some time apart won't kill you...heck, they may even welcome it. :eek:

I saw the pool patrol removing items from chairs in the Solarium on the Allure. I guess some people do not think the rules apply to them. These are probably the same people that will jump in front of you in line instead of waiting for their turn! :mad: Had a few words with a woman at the café promenade who did just that to me. She actually looked befuddled when I told her there was a line behind me.

I LOVE THIS.... i think 30 minutes may be a little short,

No, 30 minutes is fine. Just because you sat in a chair for a while it doesn't mean it is YOUR chair for the rest of the day. If you are just going to the restroom, fine. If you are just going back to your cabin to quickly grab something you forgot, fine. If you are just going to grab a sandwich than you bring back to eat by the pool, fine. But if you are doing something that takes more than 30 minutes (playing bingo, taking a nap, enjoying a longer lunch, surfing the net, etc.) then GIVE UP THE CHAIR so someone else can use it. When you come back, you can find another chair.

On another note, I have a better chair hog story than any of the ones on these boards that mentioned people coming out at 6am or 8am or whatever. Last year we were at a Sandals resort and there were some cabanas by the pool. We were told they were first come, first served. Well one night after dinner we walked by the pool and noticed most of the cabanas already had items on them to save them for the NEXT DAY! :rolleyes:

This old cruiser and my wife had the most enjoyable day on our first cruise day..

I assume from your signature that this was the Freedom cruise you are just home from?

I'm be curious, the cruise I am going on is the first 7 day cruise for me that only has one sea day and it is the last day. The most active deck patrol was on Allure with 3 sea days including the last 2 days. That was 2011, in 2013 I didn't see as much.

I am sorry I didn't mention the ship. It was FOS and we got off yesterday morning. Also I forgot to mention the lady beside us on our " Repossessed" lounges said she came up at 8 AM and all the 11 lounges had towels on them and no one had been back. They came back at 10:10 AM. Love the responses

You, like me hate the people that crawl out of their soft bed at 6 AM and line up towels and come back at some ungodly hour to claim . Hoorah for RCI for taking the balls to do this.

I assume from your signature that this was the Freedom cruise you are just home from?

I'm be curious, the cruise I am going on is the first 7 day cruise for me that only has one sea day and it is the last day. The most active deck patrol was on Allure with 3 sea days including the last 2 days. That was 2011, in 2013 I didn't see as much.

Yes we just got back, 4-27-14. This is the first time after many cruises that they actually went after the "Offender" aka bad people that are elitist and think they are and there are many. It seems like the first sea day is the worst for kidnapping the lounge chairs.

Edited by Beach1

No, 30 minutes is fine. Just because you sat in a chair for a while it doesn't mean it is YOUR chair for the rest of the day. If you are just going to the restroom, fine. If you are just going back to your cabin to quickly grab something you forgot, fine. If you are just going to grab a sandwich than you bring back to eat by the pool, fine. But if you are doing something that takes more than 30 minutes (playing bingo, taking a nap, enjoying a longer lunch, surfing the net, etc.) then GIVE UP THE CHAIR so someone else can use it. When you come back, you can find another chair.

The exception to this is when the pool is so crowded that you are concerned that you might not find a chair when you get back. But I think that anyone who is worried about getting back within 30 minutes (after all, some people move slower than others), should just let the Pool attendants know their plans, so they can help them find chairs if necessary when they get back.

This would make everyone (except hogs) happy. No exceptions!! How often to you see loungers go unused the whole time you spent at the pool. RCCL needs to make this a priority on all ships. "No Exceptions" should be the name of the new/old/same now we are enforcing rule.

I saw the pool patrol removing items from chairs in the Solarium on the Allure. I guess some people do not think the rules apply to them. These are probably the same people that will jump in front of you in line instead of waiting for their turn! :mad: Had a few words with a woman at the café promenade who did just that to me. She actually looked befuddled when I told her there was a line behind me.

Know exactly what you mean. Some people actually believe rules are meant for others. I had a cruise out of San Juan and children would push you aside to get in line. I confronted them and they had a look , what are you talking about.

Yay! Thanks Beach1. That's great to hear. We will be on Freedom of the Seas this Sunday May 4 and I hope it won't be a frustrating situation to try and find a chair by the pool and in the Solarium.

Be brave, watch the chairs and tell the Pool Patrol , be assertive and not shy, they will react to complaints.

I hope they continue to enforce the 30 minute rule. I just hope they do it on all their ships. On the Allure on 5-4-14 and was hoping to get a seat by the pool. Never seems to happen because of the hogs though.

All I know is that I was on the freedom I was in my chair for about an hour had all kinds if stuff w me and a coffee up I got hot got up got in the pool for like 20 min got out my chair was right at the pool edge stopped at my chair got flip flops put my hat on my chair and went to the ladies room when I came back I sat at my chair took off the flips put hat and sun lotion on ordered a drink got in the water again stayed by the edge at my chair area was waiting for my drink to come I was going to get out pay and sit and relax then right in front of me a lady stops puts her stuff on my chair I didn't say anything thinking she just needed a moment to get organized or something and right in front of me gathered all my stuff up and dumped it in a pile on the floor and took my chair!!!!! I got out and I was like what the hell do you think your doing??? She just looked at me and was like your not using it and sat down. My drink came at that moment I had to gather my stuff off the wet pool deck drink in hand it took all my strength not to just dump it on her!!! But really now I don't know if I would have that willpower lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums