What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I just talked to a rep and she advised if you have a current booking, you can still take advantage of this promotion, but the rates will be at prevailing rates. So if they raise prices tonight and your current booking is less than the rates showing tomorrow, you'd have to decide whether this new sale is the better option for you or not. She also stated this promotion can be used with a NCC and C&A discounted rates. It will be interesting to see what the rates look like tomorrow. :rolleyes:

It will be full fare for passenger number 1 but they will increase the fares 50% from what they were before this special:eek::p

Sorry that is the skeptic in me coming out. But that is kind of what they did with the Free upgrade offer

That would not have been considered a new booking in the past, but who knows anymore.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Glad I'm off tomorrow.

Just checked and rates are not up by much on my cruise. Currently I have a D8 and a promenade and staying in the same cabins I would save $800 or I could upgrade to 2 x D8 and save $500 or get a JS and a D8 for an extra $400.

Decisions...decisions.

I just talked to a rep and she advised if you have a current booking, you can still take advantage of this promotion, but the rates will be at prevailing rates. So if they raise prices tonight and your current booking is less than the rates showing tomorrow, you'd have to decide whether this new sale is the better option for you or not. She also stated this promotion can be used with a NCC and C&A discounted rates. It will be interesting to see what the rates look like tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Excellent. Thanks.:)

Will have to check tomorrow, we have a cruise booked during that time frame. We are not picky on dates, so even if we had to book a new one, it'd be worth it. We are picky on rooms though, not sure if the ones we want (boardwalk balcony with a view of the aquatheater) are still available or not!

My Adventure cruise on Feb. 6 2016 has gone up a little over $100 per. What is so strange is that when I did a mock booking, the booking screen allocated the D balcony discount between me & my spouse--now it shows the entire discount to only one of us. Don't know what is going on.

I was tracking two cruises for next March. A balcony room started at $1055 for 8 days. Today it starts at $1,599. After a residency discount, it is $1,399.

The second cruise was $1299 and now is $1,399.

Now I guess will wait to see what happens when the 1/2 price for second person is officially announced.

I was tracking two cruises for next March. A balcony room started at $1055 for 8 days. Today it starts at $1,599. After a residency discount, it is $1,399.

The second cruise was $1299 and now is $1,399.

Now I guess will wait to see what happens when the 1/2 price for second person is officially announced.

The residency discount won't apply, for one. You have to book at standard rates - no discounts.

My Adventure cruise on Feb. 6 2016 has gone up a little over $100 per. What is so strange is that when I did a mock booking, the booking screen allocated the D balcony discount between me & my spouse--now it shows the entire discount to only one of us. Don't know what is going on.

It's done this for a while. When you are looking at the price PP it shows half your balcony discount.

Once you do a mock booking it takes he entire discount off passenger 1.

So... I guess I check on that Liberty 9-night sailings for summer 2015 tomorrow and see if the pricing will look good enough to book that and cancel my Oasis reservation for July 2015. I did some math and unless they raise the pricing even higher on the Liberty out of Bayonne by tomorrow, the 'sale' should bring the pricing down enough that it will definitely be worth it to switch our sailing and not have to fly to Florida.

I think another poster said that RCCL was considering this when they released pricing for Liberty from Bayonne... seems logical enough. I will check back tomorrow after we start to see what RCCL has up their sleeve.

Sweet dreams, fellow CC'ers. :)

sooooo......

What if I put courtesy hold on a cabin ( to hold the price:p)then 2morrow I officially book.....think they would price it out that way:confused:

You won't get the promo unless you reprice to the current price.

The cruise I already booked took a bump last week .. this week it went up about $2 per person ... very odd.

The one I have been watching just bumped about $200 per person across the board :(

If the prices don't bump again but the discount kicks in then the one I have booked gets cheaper which means I get to deal with the "new cruises only" shenanigans ... but the one I have been watching ends up about $200-$300 higher than it was yesterday ...

So ... the sale kicks in and I get to fight for a slight reduction on the one I already have and the price goes up on the one I was thinking of booking already ... great sale !!

Been watching two Splendour cruises in hopes of doing a B2B out of Venice.

Original price of an inside (7 nights) $799

Current day before 'Big Sale' price $1099

So lets see...2x$799 original price = $1598

$1099 + ($1099/2) 'sale' price = $1648.50

Ummm....yeah, right, sign me up. :rolleyes: