Cut backs on Elite Breakfast (Coffee Break)

CruisingChick

Just because one cruiser didn't like the experience, doesn't mean everyone else will not like it. Wait until you experience it and then if you don't like it, then you can complain, but why complain before you try it. Totally unbelievable!

Everyone has the same right to express an opinion on these boards.

Currently on Solstice. We have 2 buffet areas at the Elite breakfast. One has the smoothies, juices and some fruit (oranges and Kiwis) The other has the meat, cheeses, more fruit (melon today and watermelon and berries) and the lox makings. Lots of salmon and all the fixins. This AM we saw a small dish of blueberries and one of raspberries. Saw one guy come along and upend the dish of raspberries so 2/3 of them went on his plate.:eek:. I guess he thought he was the only one on the ship. I hope what Tuggers reported is not fleet wide. I will be interested in what you find Elena.

Off topic.....There is now a charge for Zumba. No one signed up for the class yesterday, but we were in Maui so that might have been the reason!

Me too. :)

What a turkey that guy was. We can only hope that he took that much by accident, but I'm sure there was a spoon he was supposed to use. You wonder what goes through a person's mind when they do something self-centred like that. It's a Tom Hanks "caviar garnish" moment from "You've Got Mail". :D

Take good care of the Solstice for us. I'm crossing my fingers for a sunny day for your return home ;). (Now that good wish isn't self-serving at all, is it :p).

Edited by elena7seas

I don't know what all the fuss is over the lox, smoked salmon, is this a real vacation treat or do most people have it at home every morning. As for me, I can't stand the stuff and that's probably a good thing, leaves more for others. Now a couple of weeks ago on the Reflection, I tried the Elite b/fast for the first time and I have been there twice, first and last. There were four other people in the room, the pastries and mini bagel were very dry and a very small presentation of the other items. To me it's not worth the hassle. But to each their own I always say.

I don't know what all the fuss is over the lox, smoked salmon, is this a real vacation treat or do most people have it at home every morning. As for me, I can't stand the stuff and that's probably a good thing, leaves more for others. Now a couple of weeks ago on the Reflection, I tried the Elite b/fast for the first time and I have been there twice, first and last. There were four other people in the room, the pastries and mini bagel were very dry and a very small presentation of the other items. To me it's not worth the hassle. But to each their own I always say.

From the outside looking in, I never felt the fuss was about the food, but having the 'private' venue for a select, oh, er, Elite few. Just how the comments are coming across the computer screen.:)

And many it would seem feel as you do to, not worth the hassle.

Edited by wallie5446

I didn't care for it on the Reflection. More variety on the M class and serve-yourself coffee. As much as a love being waited on, I like lots of coffee and quick refills. Reflection took to long to get my coffee.

For us it was about the quiet, the fresh squeezed juice, the occasional mimosa or bloody mary, the coffee latte, the almond and chocolate croissants, the smoothies, and the fresh fruit especially berries which aren't usually at the buffet. We haven't heard yet if there are any changes to the beverages and will be interested to learn if anything has changed in that regard

I will be on the Century in a week and will report back. I for one looked forward to the Elite breakfast and will disappointed if these changes are fleet wide.

Please let me know if Tenisha is still the maître 'd for select dining

Some of you people really have to get a life if you feel that how the food is served is a big deal or how fast your coffee is refilled is important. The Elite breakfast is a nice little perk and is not meant to stuff you to the gills and let you stagger out half in the bag after free drinks. It's meant as a nice place to start you day in a relaxed atmosphere while enjoying a "light" breakfast snack. If you need more then go to the MDR of buffett and get what you need.

No, I don't even eat the bagel and smoked salmon, but my husband always has at least 2 every morning.

Where are the smoothies, yogurt, chocolate croissants, almond croissants? Not to mention all the fresh fruit they put out, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, etc.

I didn t see any chocolate/almond croissants or blueberries/strawberries/raspberries on our 18 day with Solstice last October either.

There were small Danish, bagels, smoked salmon, cheese, cold cuts, watermelon and very unripe passionfruit and kiwi plus some other things that I can remember now. Nice, but not really so special and we definitely preferred to eat in Blu.

Edited by Michidoeme

I'm just back from 38 days on Solstice, B2B2B. I ate breakfast at the Captain's Club Coffee Break each day. Sometimes I had an almond croissant, sometimes a fruit-filled pastry, almost always two glasses of orange juice and a yogurt with some berries. They often ran out of berries early, but would get more if we asked for them. Never saw anyone overindulge or stagger out.

It's not going to be to everyone's taste. Some like a hot breakfast, or a bowl of cereal, some like the table service of the MDR, AQ passengers may choose their dining room, especially now that they can get cappuccinos and lattes there if they are Elite Plus, whereas before you might see people leave Blu and come into Tuscan to get their special coffees and maybe have a bloody mary in the morning after their Blu breakfast. Some people like to sleep in and never eat breakfast at all, some like to eat in their stateroom. Some like to eat in the Aqua Spa after they work out in the gym in the morning.

Even when there are 600 or more Elites, you would never see 600 come to the Coffee Break, for all the reasons listed above. But there always is a steady stream of people in and out. If somehow the food is now being presented in a less appealing way, if the yogurts and smoothies aren't there at all, if the orange and grapefruit juices aren't fresh squeezed, that would mean a reduction in the offerings. Right now, it's just a bit too early to tell. We have one report from one ship, but Celebrity typically rolls out any changes one ship at a time, and we can't know which ship might be next. Or if it will really happen at all.

Patience, grasshoppers....

We prefer breakfast in Blu but sometimes stop in to the Elite breakfast to chat with the Cap Club rep...we enjoy a cup of coffee/tea and pastry....DH likes the espresso.....it was always a fairly light selection to begin with but always so nicely presented in either Michael's or Tuscan

For this venue we prefer to graze ....and socialize.

Seems to me that they are trying to make it a little more classy. You know, kind of like the good old days of cruising some are asking for.

Oh god this made me laugh! Exactly what I needed after a long, long day! :D

We usually have breakfast somewhere else and then go to the Elite breakfast for coffee, mimosas, things not available anywhere else, so this suits us fine.

We do the same thing. We usually eat breakfast in Blu, and then go to the Elite breakfast for the speciality coffees. We have not liked the coffee in Blu.

For us it was about the quiet, the fresh squeezed juice, the occasional mimosa or bloody mary, the coffee latte, the almond and chocolate croissants, the smoothies, and the fresh fruit especially berries which aren't usually at the buffet. We haven't heard yet if there are any changes to the beverages and will be interested to learn if anything has changed in that regard

We were on the Infinity for a back to back in March. There was no fresh orange juice at the elite coffee break. I could use my classic beverage card and get fresh squeezed oj in the Lido. There were two coffee break locations, elite in the dining room and elite plus in the Constellation. We went to the dining room and did not check out the Constellation. It was much different than what we have had in the past with eggs, bacon, sausage and the other usual offerings. There were no visible smoothies and no drink menus on the table.

I would be concerned if the selections were served at the table because of allergies and contamination. I do hope this change will not spread throughout the fleet.

Are we sure? I haven't heard mention of yogurt, or smoothies being available. Capers? Lemon wedges? Cucumber? Tomatoes? Look at that photo, then read the description In the post the OP referenced. I think there's a difference

They were all available in May on the Infinity and in January on the Silhouette. They have been offered for the last couple of years, at least.

Are we sure? I haven't heard mention of yogurt, or smoothies being available. Capers? Lemon wedges? Cucumber? Tomatoes? Look at that photo, then read the description In the post the OP referenced. I think there's a difference

OMG! No capers, well that should be a deal breaker for everyone! I couldn't live without a caper a day. You know what they say...a caper a day keeps the doctor away. Wait, is it a caper or apple? Seriously, does anyone know if they are not serving something they always had? Maybe the poster just doesn't like the items not listed in the post.

I have read all the posts, including the ones that recap the "cuts" that have taken place. Yes, it's the same food being served. However, it sounds like the smoothies and fresh juice are gone. That is a cut if it is indeed going fleet wide. Ahem...and some of us like capers. What's wrong with missing something someone likes that is not longer offered in our venue of choice? We all have choices at the end of the day. We can choose to stay or take our business elsewhere. Time will tell.

Some of you people really have to get a life if you feel that how the food is served is a big deal or how fast your coffee is refilled is important. The Elite breakfast is a nice little perk and is not meant to stuff you to the gills and let you stagger out half in the bag after free drinks. It's meant as a nice place to start you day in a relaxed atmosphere while enjoying a "light" breakfast snack. If you need more then go to the MDR of buffett and get what you need.

Well yes, how fast my coffee is refilled is important to me. And I find it hard to believe that anybody could achieve being "stuff you to the gills" with the limited amount of food on offer there. Have you ever actually attended one of these events?