Bed configuration - by closet or balcony?

Hi, I'm hearing different responses from RCCL... does anyone know for sure if the bed is by the balcony on cabin 10182 on Oasis of the Seas? Thanks so much!

Hi, I'm hearing different responses from RCCL... does anyone know for sure if the bed is by the balcony on cabin 10182 on Oasis of the Seas? Thanks so much!

Balcony.

Closet.

Bob, you're a doll! Thank you so much. I will stay with 10182 even though it's further forward but prefer bed by balcony. Thank you so much! Rona

Closet.

What's your thoughts re Port or Starboard on Eastern Caribbean? I usually prefer the southern or western exposure but am wondering if April in Caribbean is better with cabin on "non" sunny side! (I know I'm definitely overthinking this!) Rona

I don't think side of the ship matters....I like being able to sit on the balcony in the afternoon...and if it's sunny, then it's HOT! (When the sun is low in the sky is when you'll get the full brunt of the sun's heat!)

I don't think side of the ship matters....I like being able to sit on the balcony in the afternoon...and if it's sunny, then it's HOT! (When the sun is low in the sky is when you'll get the full brunt of the sun's heat!)

Yes, I agree. I've done Mediterranean cruises past two years and enjoyed the sun on the balcony in the afternoon as it was not that hot, but in the Caribbean, a shady balcony most of the afternoons might be preferable in order to sit comfortably. Just read that Port side on Oasis is smoking side but hopefully Deck 10 is far enough away from the smoke.

When we sail in a Jr. Suite we prefer to have the sofa by the window in stead of against the wall and its easy to move. This way if it is too windy, rainy or even too hot we can still enjoy the view in the comfort of our own cabin.

Of course this only works if the beds are near the closet.

sofa_zps16177257.jpg

DSC_0559_zps97a14391.jpg

I would think that it would matter if you want to get a tan.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I'm surprized that anyone at RCI even has a clue what you are referring to when you ask. I see you questions have already been answered in above posts.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I got info before our Oasis cruise that was wrong as to bed location. We booked 8308 because it said the bed was by the balcony. Unfortunately, it was by the closet and since my daughter & I were cruising together instead of hubby and I we had the beds separated. Let's just say, it was interesting getting into the closet. We just made it a fun story and had a blast anyway. BUT, bed by the balcony IS better! Deb

This pic shows 10190 - 5 doors down - same exact class of room. Bed is by balcony as noted.

Thank you so much! I have to say that although of course the main event is the ship, these cabins seem much smaller than on the Liberty of the Seas, etc. But I'm still excited to experience the Oasis.

I'm surprized that anyone at RCI even has a clue what you are referring to when you ask. I see you questions have already been answered in above posts.

You are correct. The first person I spoke to was totally incorrect!! Having the bed by the closet really makes that room feel even smaller! I had to do the same research for the NCL Epic, although their deck plan shows the bed locations much more easily.

I would think that it would matter if you want to get a tan.

Well, we have the beach and the pools to get a tan. I usually like to sit on the balcony in the afternoon with a glass of wine to unwind and although I love the sun, I suspect in the Caribbean the balcony can get pretty hot.

When we sail in a Jr. Suite we prefer to have the sofa by the window in stead of against the wall and its easy to move. This way if it is too windy, rainy or even too hot we can still enjoy the view in the comfort of our own cabin.

Of course this only works if the beds are near the closet.

sofa_zps16177257.jpg

DSC_0559_zps97a14391.jpg

Well, the only time I was in a Junior suite was on a four night trip to Cozumel. I'm afraid the budget does not allow it for this particular trip!

This pic shows 10190 - 5 doors down - same exact class of room. Bed is by balcony as noted.

Did you feel any motion in cabin 10190? I would've preferred more midship than 10182 but the bed configuration was not available except on Deck 14 and I felt it would be too much motion up there.

What's your thoughts re Port or Starboard on Eastern Caribbean? I usually prefer the southern or western exposure but am wondering if April in Caribbean is better with cabin on "non" sunny side! (I know I'm definitely overthinking this!) Rona

Unless you're on a transatlantic where the ship is pointed the same direction for days at a time, the side of the ship is a crapshoot. You never know which side will face the dock. I just pick whichever side has the stateroom I want more.

So if I have two cabins side by side that are beside a pair of connecting cabins then one will have the bed by the balcony and the other will have the bed by the closet?

Yes, if the connecting pair are D category, then the one on the right (facing the stateroom doors from passenger corridor) will have the bed by the balcony. This sequence repeats with adjacent staterooms until something interrupts the series of D category staterooms. I don't know if the same rule applies to CP or BW balcony staterooms.

Yes, if the connecting pair are D category, then the one on the right (facing the stateroom doors from passenger corridor) will have the bed by the balcony. This sequence repeats with adjacent staterooms until something interrupts the series of D category staterooms. I don't know if the same rule applies to CP or BW balcony staterooms.

Thanks Bob, they are a pair of D8's on deck 7. Now to change it around so that the adults have the bed by the balcony.:)