Why isn't Breakaway Docked?

Captain just came on and said azipod is a go! We should be departing at 6. They were still loading stores and re-bunkering longer than planned due to the late arrival. FWIW...the bunkering barge JUST left.

[quote name='UPNYGuy']Captain just came on and said azipod is a go! We should be departing at 6. They were still loading stores and re-bunkering longer than planned due to the late arrival. FWIW...the bunkering barge JUST left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the live report! Have a great cruise!

[quote name='luv2cruiserccl']So they must still be in port? What is there normall scheduled sailaway time?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.[/QUOTE]

4pm, but because of their late arrival today, it was pushed to 5pm.

[quote name='luv2cruiserccl']So they must still be in port? What is there normall scheduled sailaway time?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.[/QUOTE]

Normal time is 4pm and yes, BA is still in port.
You can watch on portnywebcam.com

Robin
Norwegian Breakaway July 2014
Carnival Miracle 2010
Carnival Legend 2006
Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

[quote name='UPNYGuy']Captain just came on and said azipod is a go! We should be departing at 6. They were still loading stores and re-bunkering longer than planned due to the late arrival. FWIW...the bunkering barge JUST left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Have a great trip. Please bring her home safe and sound.
We are on in 9 weeks.
Safe Sailing!

Robin
Norwegian Breakaway July 2014
Carnival Miracle 2010
Carnival Legend 2006
Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

That's good news! Have a great cruise!!

Been locking at the cams since 5...just curious...

This delay reminds me of my first cruise ever...it was from Nyc on the Gem to Bahamas. It was scheduled for a 4 o'clock departure, in February, we sat on a big round chair on the top deck in the front of the ship. We were right on the glass partition...a "little" bit of the cold wind was cut by the glass...but we were frozen to the bone...

Being from Montreal, the cold was not THAT bad...but still we were cold...everyone else came and went because they could not stand the cold...we left the pier at 5:15...got we were cold...but we left the pier, saw the Statue ( not our first time, but from a cruise ship :D ) and we had to get in and change since we had a 6 o'clock reservation at Le Bistro....

Memories of my first cruise are all so great...got me addicted....damn Ncl :p

Captain just came on and said azipod is a go! We should be departing at 6. They were still loading stores and re-bunkering longer than planned due to the late arrival. FWIW...the bunkering barge JUST left.

Good to hear. And again shows all these false "thruster" reports in the papers.

Have a great cruise.

Going back to the rooms was impossible. At the point that my wife and I arrived on deck 7, it was so crowded that it was impossible to move anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true. I was on the ship also and I just did what was asked. Please wait in your room not in the public areas. They announced the problem long before anyone should have been heading to the gangway.

Great news!! Watching you guys on the Port Ny Webcam. Have a great trip to Bermuda! :D

My wife and I just returned from being stuck on the Breakaway while it was attempting to dock in NYC. We were both shocked at how thoroughly unprepared the staff was for such an event.

There was complete chaos, confusion, and overcrowding surrounding points of egress and at one point, tempers flared so much that a fistfight nearly broke out. There were hardly any crew members present to direct passengers and very little meaningful information was being conveyed from the captain.

It was clear that the staff was untrained in any safety protocols and that if there had been serious emergency such as fire or flooding, there would likely have been unnecessary injuries and/or mortalities.

A little planning would have gone a long way to help with an orderly disembarkation. I'm happy to share more details if anyone is curious.

Don't think that a late docking is a serious emergency. How would you know how the crew would act in the case of a fire or flooding? It's purely conjecture on your part.

It's shameful that fist fights nearly broke out. Perhaps the disorder is caused by the pax.