Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

The list is from celebrity cruises and it is now the official list. If it's on that list then subject to change, it's in the classic package....period. Sorry, but it's a frustrating question after celebrity posted the official list.......in order to clear up all the confusion.

But do the ships know that ???

I have not had an answer from my post to Celebrity asking if this new list will apply to sailing on Eclipse from the UK, and if Yes then I want an answer as to why it was greatly reduced for my sailing :mad:

So Baileys is included right?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing on Celebrity Cruise list #346 it has Bayleys listed as cordials on offer, but I have read countless posts saying that it is not.

All this doesn't really bother me as I know I will find something I will enjoy on the Classic Package, but still all is rather confusing.

Cheers

Celebrity SHOULDN'T have lists of cocktails that are or aren't included in the beverage packages because that's not how it works. The price of a cocktail is dependent on the spirit(s) that's used to make it. If you order "a pina colada" they will make it with Ron Roberto or whatever the house rum is, and that will fall under the Classic package. Just about any cocktail can be constructed with the spirits included in the Classic package. I saw the list of cocktails that was posted on another thread, and I think it was irresponsible of whoever created it because it's causing all sorts of confusion, and it only listed about 30 cocktails out of the thousands that are out there.

Except it didn't work that way.

Under the existing Classic package, prior to the change, most of their standard (advertised) cocktails were not included i.e. above the limit.

There were only a small number of traditionals that were available. You could concoct your own basic of course, but the standard cocktails they sell/promote weren't included.

From this change, I wouldn't expect any more to be included in that limit.

Yes. How dare we query the fact we are not getting the product we paid for. And in Australia it's $102 a day for 2 people. That's just the classic. Add an extra $23 for the premium.

I agree. The thread is quite toxic. And not made that way by the people querying their package.

I have found many threads have become "quite toxic" and the same confrontational posts come from relatively few posters. Anything different than their perspective is attacked tag team fashion. My ignore list simply gets longer.

We just returned from Solstice and I picked up a few more words of wisdom from a restroom break. "Some people confuse their imagination with experience."

People who report being short changed on their purchased package are more reliable as sources than those who have not been on a recent cruise to note the changes from an earlier Celebrity cruise.

I have found many threads have become "quite toxic" and the same confrontational posts come from relatively few posters. Anything different than their perspective is attacked tag team fashion. My ignore list simply gets longer.

We just returned from Solstice and I picked up a few more words of wisdom from a restroom break. "Some people confuse their imagination with experience."

People who report being short changed on their purchased package are more reliable as sources than those who have not been on a recent cruise to note the changes from an earlier Celebrity cruise.

Good one and so very true. Some people confuse their imagination with experience. Lack of trust really impacts the imagination. Of course I am assuming that I am not of you growing ignore list.

I think that it is easier to navigate the Amazon Rainforrest than the Celebrity website. On this basis can someone please advise where they are finding the new up-to-date listing. Cannot seem to find anything unless the UK site has still to be updated.

Blanton's is still on the new list....

Bourbon/Brandy

Jim Beam, Bour Deluxe, Napoleon, Cles Des Ducs VSOP, Martell VS, Blanton's, Makers Mark, Barsol Pisco, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic

Then we have the issue of the old US vs UK lists or brands referenced. In the US (and on the ships), Dewar's white label has always been on the classic drink package.

I didn't go though the entire list..not sure there aren't other differences.

Please...Please find a way to update your PDF or get it removed (by the moderators)....otherwise this thread will continue and it's just one more list that will confuse folks. I can already hear the typing .....

Edited by ghstudio

On this basis can someone please advise where they are finding the new up-to-date listing. Cannot seem to find anything unless the UK site has still to be updated.

I don't believe the site has been updated. We were given an earlier response due to it being a hot topic here.

As a non-drinker, this has been a real eye-opener for me to learn how drinking is so central to the vacation experience of some. I think Celebrity understands this point quite well, however, and is using it to maximize profits.

Simply said, Celebrity is doing with drinks what they have also done with food (i.e. increase prices on those desiring a premium experience). Don't these drink package changes coincide with the recent price increases at the specialty restaurants? The difference is that those who purchased a dining package are not being denied what was originally promised.

We are foodies, but will avoid the specialty restaurants on our upcoming cruise because of the higher prices - thus sending a clear message to Celebrity (price increases result in empty specialty restaurants). I don't know if you drinkers are willing/able to do the same with alcohol (I suspect Celebrity has you right where they want you).

Big fail on Celebrity for a botched roll-out of the drink package changes (insufficient/inconsistent messaging, menus unavailable at the bars, etc).

Message to Celebrity: Hoping your customers don't notice is a terrible way to manage change. In the age of internet, customers always notice (evidence this "toxic" thread).

Yet another reason to be glad we are a family of non-drinkers.

In my opinion, the inclusion of the drink package as a booking incentive is one of the worst ideas Celebrity has had. It has had an effect on the ambiance on board the ship and made it much more difficult for the crew to provide the kind of personal, friendly service they have been known for. Believe me, they do their best, but it certainly is a lot more difficult when many are trying to maximize their drink package.

I think it's one of those unintended consequences that have a subtle effect on a lot of things.

Nothing wrong with having drink packages available for purchase, I just think the inclusion of them for everyone is not a great idea.

WAIT. WHAT? So what you are saying is they can change the offer but must give you a partial refund, right?

Yes that is true, when the contract requires it as with cabin selection and pricing. It is not guaranteed with beverages. I guess you missed the first line of my reply:

Difference is, the contract terms require them to have you travel in the cabin type you booked or higher. It also specifically allows them to push you down a grade in exchange for a pro-rata refund for the difference in cabin fare. It happens very, very rarely, but it does happen.

Happy to clarify for you.

Thanks ghstudio :) I had put in the removed from package column and then added it into the added to package column

This list was never meant to confuse people but to show that the latest information released by Celebrity is not that far removed from the original but a far cry from the list issued on the ships

I have updated the list here

If possible please can the mods remove my previous post *431 as i do not know how to modify it

Altered package.pdf

The statement with the list said that frozen drinks are included...again, that was always the statement and most would probably assume that basic frozen drinks using the liquors on the list are included.

Food for future thought....with the coming roll out of "Slush" the frozen drink venue poolside (taking over the very rarely used sundries cabana poolisde) I expect these discussions and augments to commence again once X starts premium frozen beverages....

Hi all,

As promised, here is a current list of what is included in the Classic Beverage package.

"The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package.

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

I think that it is easier to navigate the Amazon Rainforrest than the Celebrity website. On this basis can someone please advise where they are finding the new up-to-date listing. Cannot seem to find anything unless the UK site has still to be updated.

Celebrity posted this on Friday - it's on page 18 of this thread.

Classic Package Inclusions.pdf

To me it sounds like they are trying to give you the selection that they have on Azamara. The free drinks are very limited but of course you can upgrade to a Premium $12.95, Top Shelf 15.95 or Ultimate Package for $18.95. I guess we will just have to wait and see what Celebrity has in the future for us.:confused:

DING DING DING. I personally believe this is a first step in aligning the packages to allow "all inclusive" drinks like Azamara, bottom shelf, with options to pay to increase variety and brands. I see this being effective with the 2016 season. time will tell, but there was a press conference sometime last year theta they indicated they were exploring the Azamara drinks model.

Food for future thought....with the coming roll out of "Slush" the frozen drink venue poolside (taking over the very rarely used sundries cabana poolisde) I expect these discussions and augments to commence again once X starts premium frozen beverages....

what is "slush"...haven't heard that announced (which doesn't mean much, of course). I also wonder what drinks are now or still covered in the aqua spa cafe fee section. You are correct....I glossed over the frozen drink questions and there are some real questions. I see another thread coming...maybe that's a good thing :)

Right, Celebrity have told us the price brackets included in the promotion. (NO, I did not get a FREE drinks package, I PAID for the Premium Package because I know what I can and cannot order). We will not know until the day we sail which wines, cocktails, smoothies, beers, spirits, coffees, teas and so on and so forth will be available. Can we all just not be happy know that if a glass of wine costs $9, then the classic package covers it, if it goes over that price, then either do not drink it, or pay the cost!!! Prices fluctuate. I understand some frustration, but really???? You all want a precise detailed list of each and every single drink that celebrity may or may not have on board???? Come on guys.......Did you seriously only book your cruise based on the FREE alcohol you would get??? I chose my Ship, my itenery, my cabin and I paid for the drinks package that was right for me. IF you got the 123 complimentary package and it does not suit your needs any more, for whatever reason, then pay to upgrade. You will NOT be getting and full and concise list of each and every drink available!!! Sorry:rolleyes:

Wow, what a realistic and common sense approach. thanks for the refreshing view!

If they do publish a drinks list I need to know of the following are on it:

Purple Nurple

Sex on the Beach

Red Headed Slut

Appreciate the info. :D

what is "slush"...haven't heard that announced (which doesn't mean much, of course). I also wonder what drinks are now or still covered in the aqua spa cafe fee section. You are correct....I glossed over the frozen drink questions and there are some real questions. I see another thread coming...maybe that's a good thing :)

So far it's only on the Equinox.

They added it, the Gastrobar instead of Cellar Masters and a couple of other changes on the recent dry dock.

I think they are waiting to see how these new venues are received before adding them to other ships.

I've been waiting for reactions and pictures from those on the current cruise (the first after the dry dock) but nothing so far. :(

Here's the process I've used:

Go to that old post and use the red triangle on the upper right to "report" the post....ask the moderators to remove it because the list was wrong.

Thank you

Hi All

I have put together a list comparing the original published list by Celebrity on the UK site and the latest list posted by Celebrity

I have excluded wines as Celebrity has not released a list yet

No cocktails where published by Celebrity except to say any cocktail upto a $ amount

I have excluded non alcoholic as the new list is generic where as the original was specific but in some areas the new list seems to be beefed up a little more.

My list shows what has been removed and also what has been added

I know there is still some confusion on some things like Jack Daniels and Coronna

I hope this list will help show people how things have changed over the last few days and that the new list posted by Celebrity is no where near as drastic as the the information given on board last week

If I have made any mistakes please correct without criticism as I am only Human

Compiling this list it occurred to me that somethings may have been removed due to not selling, others due to availability in various markets, some because the $ amount has changed and some have just been replaced with items from the added list.

I can appreciate the effort in creating this list, but think the last thing we need is another non-official list floating out there, let alone one that has used the Celebrity logo and typeface, I assume without their express written permission.

I have to admit, I saw this list way earlier with the Celebrity logo, and had assumed it was their official list, now realize it was produced by a 3rd party. I'd suggest at minimum, remove the Celebrity logo and indicate the list was prepared by you a 3rd, non-related party to avoid continued confusion, and include the new language that X receives the right to modify the beverages at any time to again further avoid future confusion.

But Like I say, I do appreciate the effort, and think some will find it helpful, just take the effort to ensure it can not be confused as something official from Celebrity

Wow, what a realistic and common sense approach. thanks for the refreshing view!

If they do publish a drinks list I need to know of the following are on it:

Purple Nurple

Sex on the Beach

Red Headed Slut

Appreciate the info. :D

Sex on the Beach is ALWAYS available. Red headed slut, well that is questionable and the Purple Nurple i believe is very popular :D

I can appreciate the effort in creating this list, but think the last thing we need is another non-official list floating out there, let alone one that has used the Celebrity logo and typeface, I assume without their express written permission.

I have to admit, I saw this list way earlier with the Celebrity logo, and had assumed it was their official list, now realize it was produced by a 3rd party. I'd suggest at minimum, remove the Celebrity logo and indicate the list was prepared by you a 3rd, non-related party to avoid continued confusion, and include the new language that X receives the right to modify the beverages at any time to again further avoid future confusion.

But Like I say, I do appreciate the effort, and think some will find it helpful, just take the effort to ensure it can not be confused as something official from Celebrity

I appreciate your helpful comments and have amended

img048.pdf

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm a newbe to this site but not to cruising so please forgive me if this question annoys anyone for being raised again.

I'm sailing out on the 30/8/14 on the Eclipse to Norway, and we are:) considering taking one of the alcohol drink packages as an option. I was wondering if anyone could advise / have the most recent information regarding what brands of drinks are available on the classic package?

Again sorry to ask but it would help tremendously as although we have cruised 8 times, we have never taken a drinks package before.

Cheers