Time for flight home from Fort Lauderdale

sallybrown2012

We've never taken a cruise from Fort Lauderdale; I understand the port is not far from the airport. Any thoughts on whether one would be able to comfortably make an 11:00 am or 1:00 pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale on debarkation day? We're planning on taking a cab, assuming that's an option. Many thanks.

On my last cruise out of Fort Lauderdale our flight was for 11:10. We made it with plenty of time to spare. Just make sure you let the Purser's desk know you have an early flight and you will get an earlier disembarkation #.

I misplaced my link for a calendar showing the ships in Port Everglades on a particular day & couldn't find it by searching online. :( Does anyone have a link to that information because I like to have an idea about how many others will be going to FLL to board flights.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We'd do the 1 pm flight ... just so we wouldn't have to worry about it.

LuLu

The only thing about that is TSA security is MUCH more crowded at that time than the 0830-1000 time slot and they have a history of big backups at FLL.

We have never had a long line for security arriving about 0900.

Mike:)

I misplaced my link for a calendar showing the ships in Port Everglades on a particular day & couldn't find it by searching online. :( Does anyone have a link to that information because I like to have an idea about how many others will be going to FLL to board flights.

Here ya go...

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-from-fort-lauderdale-florida.html

And one more detailed showing a few days out...

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

:D

Got off the Emerald on April 29in Fort Lauderdale after a great cruise.

There was a delay getting off the ship due to lack of staff in customs. Then we had to visit them due to all the shopping we did in ST Thomas. After using the ship's transfer ( not a good idea) and going through security ( a spring break week) we got to the gate just as they made the first call for our 11:30 flight. Just saying... If you want to do a 11:00 flight, carry off your bags, and grab a taxi. Also check how many ships will be in port that day, there were at least 5, one of them being the Oasis. Hope this helps!

My last two experiences I was at FLL between 8:30 and 9:00AM.

That was with early walk off.

However, sometime stuff happens!!

An earlier cruise while at Princess Cays one of the ship's life boats got hung up in a davit. We were a couple hours late arriving at Fort Lauderdale.

Under normal circumstances, 11am should be fine. I wouldn't book a flight any earlier.

Totally agree. We had an 11:30am flight out of FLL last November, we took a cab, and we made it with plenty of time to spare. We got off the ship between 8:30 and 9am. Enjoy your cruise.:)

I would do the 1pm flight. We were held up in FLL once and thank goodness we had a 1:20pm flight. Again, it was customs. Not enough people that day.

Suggestion: Use EZ Check if you can, it is worth the dollars. Your luggage will be taken the night before, you will be checked in and not have to worry if something goes awry. :):)

Also check how many ships will be in port that day, there were at least 5, one of them being the Oasis. Hope this helps!

That's why I use the website Dave provided to learn how crowded it will be at the port and at FLL. Fortunately our Tuesday arrival on the Royal Princess has only the Celebrity Infinity also in port.

Suggestion: Use EZ Check if you can, it is worth the dollars. Your luggage will be taken the night before, you will be checked in and not have to worry if something goes awry. :):)

Does anyone know if JetBlue is one of the airlines that participate in this program at FLL?

If we have a early flight 10:30 am and use EZ Check any problems with our bags arriving on time? If you used the Princess shuttle what time did they start?

Thanks!

Tom:)

To use EZ Check in Ft. Lauderdale, your flight must be after 11:30.