Currently on Adventure

PSU

All I can say is, thank goodness that the speciality restaurant perk is more important to you than the concierge lounge when booking a suite, because I can't honestly understand why anyone would want to visit a "cupboard" with no natural light like I experienced (well not experienced really due to too many non-suite guests camping out all night in the venue so I couldn't get in unless I wanted to stand to enjoy my G&T) as a suite guest on Adventure recently.

I had a meeting with the Guest Services manager over this topic alone and requested compensation over not having the services available to a suite guest of comfortable access to the concierge lounge due to the number of the non suite guests monopolising the venue.

Oh! that doesn't sound good Pete. I thought they might have solved that problem with the new Diamond Lounge up top? I like my Long Island Iced Tea in the Concierge Lounge before dinner. I've always found that the bartenders in there are great too, really entertaining and welcoming.

Come on Heather, be reasonable, you're Pinnacle status, so the treatment you receive isn't going to be the same as others who are not in your position. Nobody in a promenade cabin is going to receive flowers etc unless of your C&A status. Even I know as a suite guest that the most I was going to get was fresh fruit and water. Giving the impression that the management team on Adventure did this for all guests is a little misleading.

Sorry, that you appear disappointed in the perks being offered as a suite guest. However, my view is that you still get a great deal of perks as a suite guest and if the ability to take food from the Windjammer (buffet type food, pre cooked and laid out for awhile) to sit in another area is a deal breaker, then don't book a suite. You can still use speciality dining, just as everyone else, that's why is called speciality dining you pay extra for the food provided in that venue, not just the ability to take food from elsewhere into the room to consume it.

Pete, the experience I described was long before we became Pinnacle. We and all the other D+ guests onboard got the flowers etc.:). Maybe I should have made that clear. I did say there were only a handful of top tier guests.:)

Edited by heatherb1958

Oh! that doesn't sound good Pete. I thought they might have solved that problem with the new Diamond Lounge up top? I like my Long Island Iced Tea in the Concierge Lounge before dinner. I've always found that the bartenders in there are great too, really entertaining and welcoming.
During cocktail hour the DL was closed due to the huge number of D members on board, so there was no incentive for non suite guests who could use the DL from going there, meaning less room for suite guests who should have the ability to use the concierge lounge. Maybe it's our problem because we don't camp out for the whole of the cocktail 'hour' from before 5pm but prefer to visit for maybe just an hour later, when by then it was full to bursting and hot making it a very unwelcome venue.

The more I think of it now we're back we did not receive the concierge service we paid for as part of our fare as suite guests and RCI need to rectify this problem. I am following up from my meeting with the guest services manager whilst on board.

Pete, the experience I described was long before we became Pinnacle. We and all the other D+ guests onboard got the flowers etc.:). Maybe I should have made that clear. I did say there were only a handful of top tier guests.:)

Fair enough Heather

sorry Heather but as you know we have cruised on AOS many times and never had the things in our cabin that you described even when in a Junior suite .

All I can say is, thank goodness that the speciality restaurant perk is more important to you than the concierge lounge when booking a suite, because I can't honestly understand why anyone would want to visit a "cupboard" with no natural light like I experienced (well not experienced really due to too many non-suite guests camping out all night in the venue so I couldn't get in unless I wanted to stand to enjoy my G&T) as a suite guest on Adventure recently.

I had a meeting with the Guest Services manager over this topic alone and requested compensation over not having the services available to a suite guest of comfortable access to the concierge lounge due to the number of the non suite guests monopolising the venue.

We are in a suite for our AOS sailing in two weeks to Iceland/Norway. I do hope they sort out the problem of CL access that you raised. :)

This may sound stupid, but why were NON suite guests in the CL? Were they Diamond and up because there is no Diamond Lounge?

Mary

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members have access to Concierge Lounges.

I find a running, non-communicated change (reduction) in published benefits for suite / high tier guests to be distasteful. I am not being dismissing in saying this, but it does have impact on a handful onboard. These handful have influence via voting by their wallet.

However, even more disturbing or distasteful is the removal of a la cart lunch menu in the dining room, plated and served. The salad bar/small buffet I think is a good addition to the a la cart service in the MDR, I do not think it is an acceptable replacement. This is a change that impacts ALL guests. What are they thinking???

It's always blamed on a reduction in staff. Where are all these staff going? I do not believe they have empty crew staterooms. I find it hard to believe so much emphasis would be placed in other areas that SERVICE staff (cabin stewards and wait staff) so visibly suffer.

Edited by LMaxwell

sorry Heather but as you know we have cruised on AOS many times and never had the things in our cabin that you described even when in a Junior suite .

The sailing was 7 nights out of Malaga in 2010, our very first time on Adventure before we even started doing the TAs on her . I do have photos :) .

Our friends from Blackpool were with us, also D+, and they had the same. We were all quite amazed. I could probably go and see if I have the name behind the tags sheet to see who was the HD but you will just have to believe me.:).

The sailing was 7 nights out of Malaga in 2010, our very first time on Adventure before we even started doing the TAs on her . I do have photos :) .

Our friends from Blackpool were with us, also D+, and they had the same. We were all quite amazed. I could probably go and see if I have the name behind the tags sheet to see who was the HD but you will just have to believe me.:).

I am not disputing that you ever had these gifts just that we never have.

Good luck to anyone that gets extras from RCI but in this as in other things they are not consistant.

With the growth of Diamond lounges, it is probably time for a review. :)

I have being promoting this for months.

I repeat all previous posts, and it time for change!

CL for Suite Guests Only

DL for P's and D+ with unusual service

Vouchers for D 's issued @ 1 voucher for each level of 58 points. This being 1 voucher for up to and including 58 points. 2 vouchers for 59 points up to and including 118 points. Then 3 vouchers for 119 points up to and including 174 points.

End of complaints:D

Simples:D

PS: I raised the above issue on a previous cruise, and was advised the wording clearly sates the word "access"' not "able to take a seat";)

I received a private message (from the Facebook RCI page) asking me to write to their corporate guest relations (http://*******/ContactRoyal) and so I did.

I said I was disappointed with the fact after waiting to book a cruise - and to book 2 connecting Grands - that many of the perks given to these rooms aren't given to us. That there needs to be both a Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge, that the MDR "buffet" isn't why people eat in the MDR - we can use the Jammer for that....etc.

We'll see if we get any response.

I received a private message (from the Facebook RCI page) asking me to write to their corporate guest relations (http://*******/ContactRoyal) and so I did.

I said I was disappointed with the fact after waiting to book a cruise - and to book 2 connecting Grands - that many of the perks given to these rooms aren't given to us. That there needs to be both a Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge, that the MDR "buffet" isn't why people eat in the MDR - we can use the Jammer for that....etc.

We'll see if we get any response.

I'd be glad to hear of the outcome of this Silvercloud, and the response to Pete's follow up discussion also. Good luck both!

Since breakfast and lunch (from the WJ) in a specialty restuarant on all Voyager class ships is listed as a suite perk on RCI's website, I would be meeting with the Hotel director on board ( or food and beverage mgr.) to inquire why this is not being offered. And if it were not corrected during the voyage, I would be contacting higher managment after the cruise. Denying a published benefit is not acceptable. I experienced denial of the free luggage valet a couple of years ago. Contacted Goldstien's office about training needed in that area, got a call back with thanks for notification of problem and insistance on giving some OBC, which I didn't expect or ask for. It was clearly a training issue that needed to be addresses.

Interesting you say that, my DH & I were on the T/A crossing and in a suite and were very upset about the breakfast / lunch not being available in WJ. I escalated the issue on the ship and was just told it was the way it was and that was that.

Due to this and a couple of other niggles, I emailed Adam Goldstein upon our return, and as yet have received neither a reply nor even an acknowledgement. I thought he (or his office) always responded to email concerns, and as I've heard nothing I am wondering if I used the email address.

Does anyone know is this is the correct address please: agoldstein@rccl.com

Jean :)

Interesting you say that, my DH & I were on the T/A crossing and in a suite and were very upset about the breakfast / lunch not being available in WJ. I escalated the issue on the ship and was just told it was the way it was and that was that.

Due to this and a couple of other niggles, I emailed Adam Goldstein upon our return, and as yet have received neither a reply nor even an acknowledgement. I thought he (or his office) always responded to email concerns, and as I've heard nothing I am wondering if I used the email address.

Now that Adam has been promoted to President perhaps he feels that this is not his concern but then whose is it?

I emailed using his email on day 3 of voyage and got a reply within 24 hours. This resulted in a meeting with the guest services manager by about day 6 of the trip. I was assured to have a response for some sort of consideration against the fare paid for our suite within 30 days of that meeting. So they still have a few days to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cariad1000- I will keep you informed. Not sure how long it will take but keeping my fingers crossed.

PeteUK - Can't wait to hear what you are offered.

I love cruising, and I love RCI....but c'mon now. If we're going to shell out for a suite the same perks offered to others should be offered to us! Regardless of the ship - they should be offered. It's real convenient to offer it to others and leave us out because we are "sailing from San Juan" which doesn't count. Well it matters to us, doesn't it?? Can I get a witness? ;)

I have being promoting this for months.

I repeat all previous posts, and it time for change!

CL for Suite Guests Only

DL for P's and D+ with unusual service

Vouchers for D 's issued @ 1 voucher for each level of 58 points. This being 1 voucher for up to and including 58 points. 2 vouchers for 59 points up to and including 118 points. Then 3 vouchers for 119 points up to and including 174 points.

End of complaints:D

Simples:D

PS: I raised the above issue on a previous cruise, and was advised the wording clearly sates the word "access"' not "able to take a seat";)

Whilst I agree with CL for Suites and DL for D+ and Pineapples, I'm a little confused with your voucher suggestion as Diamond doesn't start until 80. :confused: And sorry, certainly not happy with one drinks voucher per night. On X when they issue vouchers you get 3 per night which still is not enough!;) Hic.

Edited by little britain

Whilst I agree with CL for Suites and DL for D+ and Pineapples, I'm a little confused with your voucher suggestion as Diamond doesn't start until 80. :confused: And sorry, certainly not happy with one drinks voucher per night. On X when they issue vouchers you get 3 per night which still is not enough!;) Hic.

You are correct!:D

I was looking from the position that some D's have zero points being Elite with X

and the calculations were aimed at this group.

For legitimate D's (80 points with RCCL) the calculations must change. Therefore, I suggest

No vouchers for D's until they have achieved 80 points

80 points up to and including 110 points = 1 voucher

111 points up to and including 140 points = 2 vouchers

141 points up to and including 174 points = 3 vouchers

Thank you for the heads up:D;)

For legitimate D's (80 points with RCCL) the calculations must change.

If RCI says you are a D, it is legitimate. Not even sure what "legitimate" means. It implies NOT legitimate exists as well. You either are or you aren't. :confused: