Coral Princess Panama Canal Review with Photos

h20skibum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this review and I would like to say Thank You! We are booked for the Feb 5th, 2016 cruise on Coral, and your photos and reviews have been a real treat and extremely helpful. This will be our first ever cruise, so we are total newbs. Really looking forward to it. Thanks again!

Found this review and I would like to say Thank You! We are booked for the Feb 5th, 2016 cruise on Coral, and your photos and reviews have been a real treat and extremely helpful. This will be our first ever cruise, so we are total newbs. Really looking forward to it. Thanks again!

Thanks so much. You have picked a great cruise for your first one. I always overload on research for ports we have not visited before, and usually seek out reviews with photos since they give you a nice visual of the experience.

I think I had around 800 photos from the Panama Canal Cruise, and it had to be pared down to the few used to supplement the review.

Just remember that no two cruise experiences are the same, and maybe that is why cruising is so addictive. Even for ports that we have visited many times, we seek out new things to do.

Just gather what info you can and enjoy your cruise.

I am going to jump in here. We are doing the Coral in April, 2016.

Need to start from the beginning after dinner this evening. I have subscribed to the thread so I can get easy access.:)

I hope you find something useful in your review. Depending on when in April you are going, you may be getting near the end of the Panama Canal trips before they transition to Alaska.

Enjoy your trip, and if you have any questions, I would be glad to answer them.

This review makes me want to sail on Coral Princess. quickly, before anything bad happens to her. (..Island...) :(

Well, you better get booked then. We enjoyed the Coral. There is something to be said about the smaller ships.

We just booked this for October 2016 and starving for info. Awesome review and filled some of the void. Reviews are a large undertaking and well done ones, such as yours, is greatly appreciated.

October probably seems so far away, but it just gives you more time to research before the cruise. Enjoy it.

Feast on this....

Can never get enough of the Canal info.

For those going on the Panama Canal Cruise, this is the latest (December, 2015) update on the construction of the new locks. It is amazing the amount of work that goes in to constructing these. Looking at what they have done with the expansion only makes you appreciate what they accomplished over a hundred years ago.

[YOUTUBE]VF7cA6I3zGY[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...
Wow what a great review!!! My husband and I are sailing December 8th 2016! Thanks for all your hard work!

Thank's for reading. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

THanks for the great pictures and information. We are taking this cruise in April this year and have been looking for more insight.

You are getting down to short time now. It is always nice when the long wait is finally over. I don't have a new cruise booked yet, and it is something I need to fix. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

You might want to check out littlemissmagic's review. Although a full transit, you may pick up some current information. She always has great reviews.

Edited by h20skibum

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the detailed review. 10 of us are sailing in February 2017 and I am getting more excited as the time gets closer. Hoping they have the new canal up and running long before we get there.

Thank you for the detailed review. 10 of us are sailing in February 2017 and I am getting more excited as the time gets closer. Hoping they have the new canal up and running long before we get there.

They are taking reservations! In short, inaugural transit on June 26, with regular operations to begin June 27th.

http://gcaptain.com/panama-canal-authority-books-first-transits-through-expanded-canal/

Thanks for reading. The new locks should be up and running in June this year. According to American Shipper, The Panama Canal Authority will offer one reservation slot per day for neopanamax passenger ships starting in June of 2017. Starting tomorrow, they will start booking slots for the new locks up to a year in advance.

I know this is almost two years old but, regardless, thank you and awesome review.

Glad you enjoyed it. Looks like my next review will be the 15 day Hawaii cruise unless I get something booked before it.

They are taking reservations! In short, inaugural transit on June 26, with regular operations to begin June 27th.

In order to choose which ship will be the first to go through the new locks, the authority has asked 15 of its largest customers to nominate a ship, and is expected to conduct a drawing on April 29 to choose the first ship.

I enjoyed your review and pictures. It brought back happy memories of our partial transit cruise in December 2014 on the Island Princess. It's a wonderful itinerary.

Thanks for the comments. I often pick up the hardback album I created from the trip to reminisce when I am not busy planning another cruise.

I realize this review is two years old, but I enjoyed it so much. The SLOTHS. don't pet them. They steal those babies and then abandon them when they grow older. It is an animal cruelty Issue now. SERMON over. But do goggle it. it is a big deal.

But the photos were lovely. We are going on this cruise in December. And we have sailed on Princess several times, but never to Panama.

I hope people who take the time to write these reviews, and post photos understand how many people read them, view them and just totally enjoy them. PLUS getting some idea of the ship if you have never sailed on the Coral . We have not.

Thank you so much.

Wow what a great review!!! My husband and I are sailing December 8th 2016! Thanks for all your hard work!

We will be on the same sailing!!! So exciting......................I did not think they had an International Court on the Crown. But apparently they do! Those warm Chocolate Chip cookies at night....................best taste sensation of a Princess cruise for me. Not that they don't have stiff competition..at other food venues.

Once we went to the Panama Canal in June. when we boarded the bus back to the ship, a large Iguana had managed .to get inserted under some stairs we had to climb to get to bus level. Anything more fierce than a puppy dog scares me.............but it was so hot that day, I was so sweaty............I would have gotten on that bus if an alligator had been lurking beneath my feet. .SO I am glad we are going in December.

Edited by AmberTeka

I often pick up the hardback album I created from the trip to reminisce when I am not busy planning another cruise.

This sounds like me. My wife makes hardback picture books from the images she takes on our cruises. Next to her website, her books capture our memories very well.

Happy cruising!