Not crazy about Sin City Comedy

loveandcruises

Just got back from the Summit, where they featured Sin City Comedy as a late night show. They had several performances because the lines were so huge to get in. But after seeing it, I was not impressed, and even a bit uncomfortable.

I am certainly not a prude, but I did not think the strip show, which is part of the act, is appropriate for a cruise ship. It really was an all-out strip show, where the lady stripped down from a man's hat, trousers and shirt ... to a thong and bikini top, while the song "It's a Man's World" played.

The comedy part was fine (I guess), but the stripper? Not cool. Not for a "classy" line like Celebrity.

Anyone else share my opinion?

It is billed as an ADULT show. No, not everyone will like it. But as we have seen from long lines and full shows, most people aboard do not necessarily agree with you. Every show on our cruises was filled to capacity. If it is not your cup of tea, don't attend. That seems to be the simplest answer. You just cannot please everyone.

I get that some people find this offensive, and that's their prerogative. But don't go to a show that's billed as an adult comedy show with a little burlesque and then complain that there was a stripper and the comedians talked about sex and used the f-word.

I wasn't sure what a stripper was doing in a comedy show either, but it didn't surprise me.

By the way, the stripper wore boyshorts not a thong. Much less revealing.

Lest you think this show was strictly for men, the headline comedian was a middle aged woman who was pretty funny in her take on things like raising kids and menopause.

No. If I saw something billed as "Sin City" entertainment I would be fully expecting that it is adult oriented and pushes the limits.

Did they force you to attend? Personally I think Perry Grant is a waste of space and wouldn't line up to see him but Celebrity doesn't agree with me nor do they force me to watch his show.

If you don't want to see it don't go. What you think is appropriate doesn't matter each person decides for themselves whether to attend the show or not and what someone else believes is appropriate should not control their choice(s).

Especially considering "appropriate for (venue)" is very subjective.

Just got off the Carnival Breeze. They had at least 2 and sometimes 4 comedy shows each night. One was usually family friendly and the others were pure adult. Very funny.

Like you said, there were long lines so they must be doing something right. And when they stop selling bingo cards, then I will call them "classy". As much as I love Celebrity they are still a mainstream cruise line. And for that I am happy (I can afford them).

I saw Sin City last year (I think they had just started it) and I thought

it was hysterical:D and I am not the only one.....the comedian was

talking about things that most of us have gone through.....laughed so

hard my stomach started to hurt:D.......

As for the stripper? When I sailed...she didn't strip all the way down

but did more of a "pole dance". Did it bother me? Nope, not in the

least. It might not have fit with the comedy part of the show but I

definitely was not offended and it didn't bother me at all.

Heck, if they are going to strip? Bring on Chip N Dales for the women;)

Sounds like a fun show, as long as the comedians where funny too! We look forward to seeing it one night.

Is the show the same every time the entire cruise or does it change? I guess I'm asking is once you have seen it there is nothing to see again?

Sounds like a fun show, as long as the comedians where funny too! We look forward to seeing it one night.

Is the show the same every time the entire cruise or does it change? I guess I'm asking is once you have seen it there is nothing to see again?

I only went once and I believe it was the same show each time.

(They did hold it multiple times) and they also made sure to always

provide the following information: It is "Adult Comedy" and showtime

is 11:30...(I think that was the time) I know it was late.

I am sailing on Reflection in November and if offered? I will definitely

go again.

Edited by Lois R

One comedian was very good, the other not funny at all IMO. I wasn't offended by the burlesque dancer, but didn't find it entertaining. My husband thought it was a man in drag. We haven't returned to Sin City on other cruises, but we normally go to all comedy shows on cruises. We hope that when the contract ends that it will be replaced with just comedians.

It was available on our last cruise and we didn't go, which I regret. We were told to line up early and we MIGHT get tickets. I don't want to stand in line for an hour and then not get in. Is this something we can ask the Captian's Club desk to get for us or do we have to wait in line?

It was available on our last cruise and we didn't go, which I regret. We were told to line up early and we MIGHT get tickets. I don't want to stand in line for an hour and then not get in. Is this something we can ask the Captian's Club desk to get for us or do we have to wait in line?

Hi Patty:)..wow, things must have changed....you need a ticket

to get in this show now?:eek:....never needed one last year.

Never even heard of any show needing a ticket before........sounds

weird to me, but what do I know?:confused:

We missed it on our last cruise because we could not get into the venue. :( But what I really missed is the Newly, Not so Newly Wed game. :D :( Why did they take that off the entertainment menu?

Edited by Iamthesea

Hi Patty:)..wow, things must have changed....you need a ticket

to get in this show now?:eek:....never needed one last year.

Never even heard of any show needing a ticket before........sounds

weird to me, but what do I know?:confused:

Lois, I also have never heard of needing a ticket to get into a show. I certainly don't want to stand in line for an hour while I'm on vacation. Seems it should be something you could reserve ahead of time if you need a ticket. Also I can't believe it would be that popular.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Just got back from the Summit, where they featured Sin City Comedy as a late night show. They had several performances because the lines were so huge to get in. But after seeing it, I was not impressed, and even a bit uncomfortable.

I am certainly not a prude, but I did not think the strip show, which is part of the act, is appropriate for a cruise ship. It really was an all-out strip show, where the lady stripped down from a man's hat, trousers and shirt ... to a thong and bikini top, while the song "It's a Man's World" played.

The comedy part was fine (I guess), but the stripper? Not cool. Not for a "classy" line like Celebrity.

I was on the same cruise and didn't go to the show since it was billed as adult comedy but one of the comedians was in the farewell show doing clean comedy. I didn't think he was funny at all. I certainly would not have enjoyed a strip show.

We had the Sin City show on the Equinox in Feb. and my wife and I enjoyed the comedy very much. As far as the so called "strip" show I was not very impressed. Perhaps old age has set in for me but the dancer was way too young for my taste and not really a good dancer. As far as her attire I found it rather modest compared to some of the bathing attire on board. The show in general was something different and anything new Celebrity is trying wins my approval.

Different strokes for different folks, as with everything...food,

entertainment, you name it.....some people will like it, some people

won't.....sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't:D

Too each their own...

Honestly if its billed as "Adult" and called "Sin City" what in the world did you expect????

Reminds me of the person a couple of months ago who decided to try the "mind eraser" cocktail, then complained about the drink being too strong.

We went on Solstice when it was first introduced, but I wasn't impressed. The dancer didn't appeal to me either, and DH wasn't impressed with her either.

I didn't think much of the comedian we had, who spent the whole time telling jokes denigrating certain ethnic groups, such as Poles, Irish, etc. Sorry, but I just don't find those funny. Maybe I would have enjoyed the menopause ones?

Anyway, we didn't bother to go back when on Equinox. We'll see about the sailing in a month. But I don't sail for that kind of entertainment.

We were on the same Reflection cruise as PATTY1955 and you did not need a ticket to get in the comedy/Sin City venue, however we heard from others that attended one of the performances earlier in the week, that you needed get there early (Celebrity Central) as seating was very limited. We did line up early, about 20 minutes prior and we got in as well as many others who were lined up behind us, but no tickets needed. On our cruise, we had "Mudflap" who was hilarious. Actually saw him head line before at Denver's Comedy Works. Performers change. Some you might like while others, not so much. I know I will attend. :)

We missed it on our last cruise because we could not get into the venue. :( But what I really missed is the Newly, Not so Newly Wed game. :D :( Why did they take that off the entertainment menu?

They had it on Eclipse last month, but they call it something different now.

She's not a stripper, she's a burlesque dancer! There is a difference. Burlesque is very very popular here in Vegas, has been for the past few years. Depends on the performer, sometimes is can be very classy and tastefully done, other times not so much.

I'm sure the dancer and the comedians are always revolving. I am very interested to see this show...if I can stay up that late. :D