Not crazy about Sin City Comedy

loveandcruises

They had it on Eclipse last month, but they call it something different now.

Maybe on my upcoming Connie. Another thing that I missed on my last cruise (also Connie) was a movie in the theater. What are we going to do on cold sea days? :(

We were on the same Reflection cruise as PATTY1955 and you did not need a ticket to get in the comedy/Sin City venue, however we heard from others that attended one of the performances earlier in the week, that you needed get there early (Celebrity Central) as seating was very limited. We did line up early, about 20 minutes prior and we got in as well as many others who were lined up behind us, but no tickets needed. On our cruise, we had "Mudflap" who was hilarious. Actually saw him head line before at Denver's Comedy Works. Performers change. Some you might like while others, not so much. I know I will attend. :)

It could be that I misheard about the tickets. It's good to know that 20 minutes before is early enough. Thank you.

We went on Solstice when it was first introduced, but I wasn't impressed. The dancer didn't appeal to me either, and DH wasn't impressed with her either.

I didn't think much of the comedian we had, who spent the whole time telling jokes denigrating certain ethnic groups, such as Poles, Irish, etc. Sorry, but I just don't find those funny. Maybe I would have enjoyed the menopause ones?

Anyway, we didn't bother to go back when on Equinox. We'll see about the sailing in a month. But I don't sail for that kind of entertainment.

WE were on the Reflection with you ! I think you are from Rolla and our Daughter was moving to Fort Leonard Wood. Will be visiting there in July

The stripper part doesn't reveal any more than waht many wear around the pool so that part doesn't bother me.

Personally I don't see what it does to add to the show. I think she is someone's girlfriend and they gave her that roll for a reason to have her on board.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It never ceases to amaze me how quick people are to complain about things. There's a FREE show on a cruise ship offered in a small venue, late at night, called "Sin City Comedy" that clearly indicates there will be a Burlesque dancer. Yet, despite that, curmudgeons complain? Really?

I've been to daily Catholic Mass in the same venue as Sin City. As I understand it, certain Jewish Holy Day services are held in the same venue as well. Will curmudgeons wander into those free "shows" and complain about its piety or religious focus?

Soon, we'll have folks complaining (if they aren't already) about the gluttony, boozing, and gambling happening on board. God forbid they hear that there are actually unmarried and, heaven forbid, gay cruisers sleeping in the same room as well!

We have seen these sorts of comments on so many different lines, and always ask ourselves the same question ..."why do people go to a show that is clearly advertised as an adult show and then complain because the entertainment is 'too adult" for them?"

To me, it is like going to a Disney film and complaining there isn't enough violent action for ya. Did you not know what to expect?

We really enjoy the Sin City Comedy Shows and it's obvious the OP is too conservative for this type of entertainment.

Also would suggest they move this show to a bit earlier than 11-11:30pm.

We saw the Sin City show on Silhouette & thought it was hilarious! The burlesque segment is included because it is a show that originated in Las Vegas. I would rate the burlesque PG-13. It is billed as an adult show & staged at 11PM or later. Those offended by adult entertainment should not attend.

Wow - A show called Sin City being a little racy . Who would have thunk it.

Honestly if its billed as "Adult" and called "Sin City" what in the world did you expect????

Reminds me of the person a couple of months ago who decided to try the "mind eraser" cocktail, then complained about the drink being too strong.

Reminds me of those who go to Szechuan Chinese Restaurants and complain that the food is too "hot".

Those people are my mother. :D

I'm kind of surprised that they kept the burlesque. We've been a couple of times and judging by the numbers that walk out during that part, I would've thought the complaints would be flying to HQ. It's too bad they can't get past it. As richsea said, it's really only PG13 and they're missing a pretty funny show after.