Free Pours of Alcohol soon to end on RCCL

If it's true this would suit me just fine. Sometimes the drinks are so strong I can barely drink them!:eek:

The opposite can also be true - one afternoon myself and two other women ordered drinks in an empty bar from a bar tender who seemed to not want to be working there. I had a weak G and T and my friends weak CC and coke. Must have been saving liquor for the big pre tippers!

I agree with those that consider this good news. I had a DOD on my last cruise that I ended up taking back to the bar for them to add more fruit juice.

This is what it was like on my last celebrity cruise. I quit ordering pina coladas because it always tasted so strong. Usually you can barely taste any alcohol. The only mixed drinks that were drinkable were sour drinks (amaretto sour, vodka sour, tom Collins etc).

This means nothing. All they have to do is pour the measured shots over the glass and keep the bottle flowing as they pour the jigger. It's a typical bartender trick. Having to use the jiggers, which many of them already do, won't stop them from giving a little extra pour. I don't see the big deal in this.

I agree with those that consider this good news. I had a DOD on my last cruise that I ended up taking back to the bar for them to add more fruit juice.

I agree. Can't tell you how many times on our most recent cruise I had to ask the bartender to add more mixer to my drink in order to be able to enjoy the taste and not be overcome by the overabundance of alcohol.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of positive comments concerning this issue.

My friend who is the Bar Manager on the Navigator just told me at yesterday's meeting they were told that beginning at the end of June, the bar staff will no longer be free pouring alcohol and instead must use measured jiggers for each drink.

since I most likely we get the all you can drink package this has no effect on me

My friend who is the Bar Manager on the Navigator just told me at yesterday's meeting they were told that beginning at the end of June, the bar staff will no longer be free pouring alcohol and instead must use measured jiggers for each drink.

OMG! On the list of first world problems this one ranks high!!! :eek::rolleyes:;)

I think it's a good move by Royal. Maybe I'm a big tipper, but on my Allure cruise I would order a Bacardi and coke and it was seriously like there were about two table spoons of coke and the rest rum in there.

Maybe Jon Taffer did a Bar Rescue episode aboard Navigator ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think he can handle a bar rescue on a cruise ship the bartenders would throw him over board

Think this will reduce the volume and value of cash tips to bar tenders in exchange for "pours":eek:

I agree. Can't tell you how many times on our most recent cruise I had to ask the bartender to add more mixer to my drink in order to be able to enjoy the taste and not be overcome by the overabundance of alcohol.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised by the amount of positive comments concerning this issue.

Yep I agree , had a few drinks that I was worried about consuming near open flame :0

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And?

I think it's a good move by Royal. Maybe I'm a big tipper, but on my Allure cruise I would order a Bacardi and coke and it was seriously like there were about two table spoons of coke and the rest rum in there.

Depends... does Canuckistan have a $21.74 bill now? That's how you know you're a "baller" as they say. Anything less and you will never get all the luxuries are person could ever want.

You slap that sucker down on the first afternoon, you are SET for the rest of the cruise.