1cruise=26pts????

I have been on one RCI cruise. (7 night allure may 2013). Couple days ago I get mail saying I'm close to becoming the next level???? The mail says I have 26 pts. Im thinking it just a mis print so I go online and sign into my account and again it says 26pts. But under my cruise history it only lists the one 7 night cruise. Is just a bizarre glitch in my favor?

Not complaining just not sure how this happened lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Cool glitch! They do have a funky computer system. You just need to hope they do not catch it. Did you go solo in a GS? They do get triple points, but even then you should be only at 21 points. If you were with someone else, has their account also been shown at 26 points?

Cool glitch! They do have a funky computer system. You just need to hope they do not catch it. Did you go solo in a GS? They do get triple points, but even then you should be only at 21 points. If you were with someone else, has their account also been shown at 26 points?

I thought suites were double, not triple....?

I have been on one RCI cruise. (7 night allure may 2013). Couple days ago I get mail saying I'm close to becoming the next level???? The mail says I have 26 pts. Im thinking it just a mis print so I go online and sign into my account and again it says 26pts. But under my cruise history it only lists the one 7 night cruise. Is just a bizarre glitch in my favor?

As the old saying goes, don't ask if you might not like the answer.....

Your screen name is couple_cruisers. I assume you cruised with someone. Was it your spouse or SO?

If so, have they sailed with Royal Caribbean before? Do they have 26 points?

It may be the case that your Crown & Anchor accounts are linked and you're seeing their point total instead of your own. The web site will normally display the highest point total of the linked accounts within your household (spouse/SO and children under 18) on each of the accounts.

As the old saying goes, don't ask if you might not like the answer.....

That's me! I'm in the category of more points than I've earned.

We've only been on 1 Royal cruise before. My DH has 8(?) points showing for the 7 day cruise. I have 15 points - I guess the same 8 as my DH + 7 more for a cruise from 1970 (no ship or itinerary listed) that I guess maybe somebody with the same name took? Which is weird since my married name now isn't super common and I spell by 1st name in a different way from most. It's not like my name is Mary Smith. I'm definitely in the "don't ask" why category. ;)

OP I certainly hope you are able to get your account straightened out soon!! Way too many points to lose! Hope you get some satisfaction in the meantime by helping so many other people with a story to prompt them to make a backup of their own accounts in case it happens to them. Good karma headed your way! :)

OOPS - Sorry I was combining 2 posts in my head - comment above was directed at the OP of another post that has lost 62 points. :-( Sounds like the OP from THIS post already has their good karma intact! ;-)

Edited by YadaYadaJodi
Correct statement to OP

Ed & Barb,

Will you adopt me? I like your line-up of cruises you're taking. ;)

Mary

Sorry, no more room in the cabins.... :D There are two more for the Southern Caribbean in Feb-Apr 2016 on the Serenade.... :cool:

They have record of me cruising in 1970. I was in diapers that year, so I don't remember.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

They have record of me cruising in 1970. I was in diapers that year, so I don't remember.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

Well, I'll just date myself and say it - I was 9 that year, which coincidentally was nearly how old my DD was on our 1st cruise in 2001 for my 40th birthday (she turned 9 a few months later). Uhoh - too much info - the powers that be are going to be able to piece together who I am and take away those unearned points! :p Good thing my name isn't Jodi!

I wonder if there is something about 1970 though? The cruise date on my account is November 5, 1970. Were there even Royal Caribbean cruises back then?

...Okay had to look it up before I hit "submit reply" - according to wiki that would have been their 1st year. Maybe they use 1970 as a "dummy" year? Still have only been on 1 Royal Caribbean cruise though...

Well, I'll just date myself and say it - I was 9 that year, which coincidentally was nearly how old my DD was on our 1st cruise in 2001 for my 40th birthday (she turned 9 a few months later). Uhoh - too much info - the powers that be are going to be able to piece together who I am and take away those unearned points! :p Good thing my name isn't Jodi!

I wonder if there is something about 1970 though? The cruise date on my account is November 5, 1970. Were there even Royal Caribbean cruises back then?

...Okay had to look it up before I hit "submit reply" - according to wiki that would have been their 1st year. Maybe they use 1970 as a "dummy" year? Still have only been on 1 Royal Caribbean cruise though...

They do use 1970 as a dummy year. I have one listed for 1970 which we had the documentation for from another year but hey could not find it in their records.

Yes 1970 is a dummy year. I have a cruise on my account for 1970 and I wasn't even alive then!

To the OP, your account might be linked with a SO or some random person. My wife has the same point level as I do, but has only been on 12 nights of cruising. Only because she is linked to my account.

Your screen name is couple_cruisers. I assume you cruised with someone. Was it your spouse or SO?

If so, have they sailed with Royal Caribbean before? Do they have 26 points?

It may be the case that your Crown & Anchor accounts are linked and you're seeing their point total instead of your own. The web site will normally display the highest point total of the linked accounts within your household (spouse/SO and children under 18) on each of the accounts.

Yes I traveled with my husband. It was both our first time on RCI. So neither of us had any previous cruise points. I checked my account and it doesnt seem like he is linked. Even if he was linked it should only be 14 points then. (7nights in a balcony each =14pts)

So....I guess it is just a glitch and Ill have to wait to see if it is still there later.

On a different note. My account is in my maidan name, does anyone know how I change my name because if I book another cruise my name on my account would not match my travel docs (ie passport)

Also how do i link my DH. I have his C&A but it wont let me link him....I get a error message about trying to link another adult to my account. Anyone know.

Thanks!

...On a different note. My account is in my maidan name, does anyone know how I change my name because if I book another cruise my name on my account would not match my travel docs (ie passport)

Also how do i link my DH. I have his C&A but it wont let me link him....I get a error message about trying to link another adult to my account. Anyone know.

Thanks!

I'd call C&A (800-526-9723) and have them help with these issues.

Edited by clarea

I am a nerd and this might be due to how computers store dates. The store them as a number that starts at Jan 1st 1970.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

Perhaps it is poor programming ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I traveled with my husband. It was both our first time on RCI. So neither of us had any previous cruise points. I checked my account and it doesnt seem like he is linked. Even if he was linked it should only be 14 points then. (7nights in a balcony each =14pts)

Just to save you some potential disappointment.

While you can link your accounts they will not be combined. So even if linked it would still be just 7 Points.