Navigator - 1688 (D1) or 7388 (E1)?

I have a choice of 1688 (deck 10 aft) a D1- 199 sq ft or 7388 (deck 7 aft) a E1- 184 sq ft.

There is a very small difference about $30 in the price between D1 and E1.

1688 is on deck 10 under the Island Grill and 7388 is on deck 7 between decks with cabins only.

We were on the Independence in 7708 (opposite of 7388) and love the huge balcony. Would it be the same size for the balcony on the Navigator?

We like the shade.

Which would you choose and why?

Edited by phabric

I've had 1688 a couple of times, and the cabin size is awesome! That being said, I was able to snag 7388 for our Nav cruise next February, and am beyond excited about that balcony... I just love the way it wraps around and you have a panoramic view. Can't wait for February!!

-gina-

I've had both. IMO 1688 has the better cabin by far but I like the balcony of 7388 better due to the size and side view. Both have great balconies though.

If the cabin size is more important choose 1688.

If the balcony is more important choose 7388.

Personally I would go for 1688.

Also, I'd love to be in your position right now with having this "problem".:p You can't really go wrong with either!

Edited by The Sunset Glow

I have a choice of 1688 (deck 10 aft) a D1- 199 sq ft or 7388 (deck 7 aft) a E1- 184 sq ft.

There is a very small difference about $30 in the price between D1 and E1.

1688 is on deck 10 under the Island Grill and 7388 is on deck 7 between decks with cabins only.

We were on the Independence in 7708 (opposite of 7388) and love the huge balcony. Would it be the same size for the balcony on the Navigator?

We like the shade.

We have 1388 (opposite side to 1688) on our upcoming Navigator cruise in August. I have heard nothing but great things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We like the shade.

Yes, the balcony will be the same size as 7708. Deck 10 will have less shade than 7.

I would pick 7388 for the balcony! If you want a larger room than I'd pick 1688.

Edited by Camlott

Do you hear any noise from deck 11, I think cabin 1688 is under the Windjammer?

No noise.

We have had 1688 or its equivalent three times. We have had 7388 or its equivalent three times.

We would take 1688 any day of the week.

1688's balcony. Is it not as huge as 7388's? Perhaps, but not by much. And the cabin is MUCH bigger. And the superstructure is less obstructive on Deck 10 than on Deck 7.

Lots of pictures of 1688: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993539

Pictures of 7688's balcony only:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1959029

7688 is a totally standard E cabin. 179 square feet

ry%3D400

1688 is, as someone else said, close to the square footage of a JS:

IMG_4449.jpg

This is a common question, by the way. Here is another thread that asked the same question: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1301578

Edited by Merion_Mom