cabin crawl in the Havens???

Docalbe

Can you do a cabin crawl in the havens?????:confused:
Did a crawl including the haven on my last cruise on the BA but was told no on my first inquiry onboard; then worked it out!;):p:cool: Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

Just off the BA and they told the Haven guest who wanted to show the cabin NO. However, when the group was smaller than 10 we snuck up and viewed and the concierge didn't have a problem with it. :) I think group size counts. Originally our cabin crawl had about 30 people so I can see that being too much for that venue. :cool:

I am looking at booking my first NCL cruise on the Spirit from Barcelona and Canary islands. I have cruised on Celebrity (they don't offer Grenada as a port) and on HAL Alaska (absolutely dreadful food). I've just finished reading about 20 reviews and now I don't know what to do! Reviews were at best mixed ranging from loved it to hated it because of the food....this was our problem on HAL and I don't want to do it again. I cannot find much information on eating in the main dining room and apparently nobody gets a set time, which is ok as long as I don't have to wait till 9 p.m. for dinner. It appears that all the good food is served in the specialty dining rooms but nowhere can I find what they cost! I'm looking at what seems to be a very reasonably priced penthouse suite....and then I saw these posts about a cabin crawl to visit the suites......HUH???? If I have a suite do I have to be concerned with people being taken on a tour of my suite when I'm not in it??? Has anyone stayed in the aft facing penthouse suites? I've seen them on Celebrity and the views are amazing, but there is some loss of privacy on the balcony. Thanks for the patience, I'm a river cruising expert and an ocean cruising novice.:D

I'm looking at what seems to be a very reasonably priced penthouse suite....and then I saw these posts about a cabin crawl to visit the suites......HUH???? If I have a suite do I have to be concerned with people being taken on a tour of my suite when I'm not in it???

No, this does not happen. You might chose to participate in a cabin crawl and show your cabin to the participants, but otherwise it's not part of the crawl.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!! My pcc had no clue!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I think it would be OK.... But I called my PCC and he was clueless... If you hear of anybody doing this let me know!!!!!!!!! :confused:

We've done small cabin crawls. The PCC wouldn't know anything about because it's not something that they need to know about. It's up to the Concierge and only they can say Yay or Nay to a cabin crawl in the Haven area of a ship. They need to know how many will attend and which cabins are being seen by the group.

Ask nicely and you may be able to do :D but your PCC won't know about it, :p :p.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am looking at booking my first NCL cruise on the Spirit from Barcelona and Canary islands. I have cruised on Celebrity (they don't offer Grenada as a port) and on HAL Alaska (absolutely dreadful food). I've just finished reading about 20 reviews and now I don't know what to do! Reviews were at best mixed ranging from loved it to hated it because of the food....this was our problem on HAL and I don't want to do it again. I cannot find much information on eating in the main dining room and apparently nobody gets a set time, which is ok as long as I don't have to wait till 9 p.m. for dinner. It appears that all the good food is served in the specialty dining rooms but nowhere can I find what they cost! I'm looking at what seems to be a very reasonably priced penthouse suite....and then I saw these posts about a cabin crawl to visit the suites......HUH???? If I have a suite do I have to be concerned with people being taken on a tour of my suite when I'm not in it??? Has anyone stayed in the aft facing penthouse suites? I've seen them on Celebrity and the views are amazing, but there is some loss of privacy on the balcony. Thanks for the patience, I'm a river cruising expert and an ocean cruising novice.:D

Took me a minute, but your real question was about people touring your suite. As said, this only applies to people that have met on their ROLL CALL who do a cabin crawl. And have signed up to show their cabin. Even then, nobody just tours a cabin without the "passenger" showing it.

You have some other questions. I would follow these boards to get answers, or ask them specifically.

Took me a minute, but your real question was about people touring your suite. As said, this only applies to people that have met on their ROLL CALL who do a cabin crawl. And have signed up to show their cabin. Even then, nobody just tours a cabin without the "passenger" showing it.

You have some other questions. I would follow these boards to get answers, or ask them specifically.

Thanks all, I feel better now! I do have other questions about NCL specifically and I will post them as they arise. :)

I pay for a Suite, I would expect that I can have visitors in for a few minutes to look around. Haven areas I can understand , well maybe not wanting to be disturbed by a roll call group taking a look see, but really the roll call group in my experience is in and out within 5 minutes, it is a one time "tour". We had our cabin on the cabin crawl on a Med Cruise on the Gem, quick and easy.

OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC NOTICE: This thread has used up our entire supply of question marks and exclamation points. That is all.

I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't everyone??????????

If someone in the Haven wishes to show their cabin as part of the Cabin crawl, then you should have no issue. I was on the 5/10 sailing on the Gem and met some new friends, and had no issue taking them on a tour of our room and the Haven facilities. We were quick and courteous to other passengers. As long as people remember it is a tour, not a party! 😃

If someone in the Haven wishes to show their cabin as part of the Cabin crawl, then you should have no issue. I was on the 5/10 sailing on the Gem and met some new friends, and had no issue taking them on a tour of our room and the Haven facilities. We were quick and courteous to other passengers. As long as people remember it is a tour, not a party!

You are allowed to have a party in your suite so that's okay too!

You are allowed to have a party in your suite so that's okay too!

In your suite, yes, of course! My mistake. I should have clarified. I was referring to the common Haven areas. Tours through the common areas are ok, but not for entertaining.

I've been told in the past I could show non-haven passengers my suite but cannot give a tour of the Haven Area itself.

Every time this question comes up, I always get an image of the movie Titanic,

and the concierge being asked to unlock the chained gate. :eek:

LOL!! Steerage does like to drool from time to time over the royalty on the ship. The Haven is essentially the First Class passengers of the yesteryear, only it has a new fancier name. In essence the accommodations for the Haven folks are larger than most for the rest of the steerage passengers but most of the food offered in the restaurants is the same, only different preparation!! In the Titanic days, the food the other passengers received was a lot different! :D