Lobster night

Out to sea!

Have a question. I have read on the forums where NCL is in the process (or has already completed) changing lobster from night 1 in the MDR to night 2 on the buffet. Is this a fleetwide change? More specifically, is this what is the current practice on the Sun? If it has not changed yet but will be changed, does anyone know when? Thanks for any info you can provide so I can set up my specialty restaurants accordingly (I want to do teppanyaki on lobster night as I feel teppanyaki will be the least filling meal in the specialty restaurants).

Don't forget that lobster is one of the choices for teppenyaki :)

That said, there was no lobster anywhere in the MDR or in the buffet on my recent sailing of the Spirit :(

On the Jade, Surf and Turf was shrimp and steak.

Yes it is indeed night 2 on the buffet now.

It's not yet fleetwide, we had lobster night the first night in the MDR last week. I had meant to ask about this change but forgot to.

This is why I was hoping someone who recently sailed on the Sun could provide input. But thanks for the attempts to answer my question. :)

This is why I was hoping someone who recently sailed on the Sun could provide input. But thanks for the attempts to answer my question. :)

I would love to do some field research for you but can't swing it right now;).

Is there lobster tail (for extra cost) at Cagney"s or any other resturant?

Yes, it is a $10 surcharge at Cagney's. Teppenyaki offers a lobster tail in a surf and turf package without any surcharge. I did not check options at Le Bistro or Trattoria.

Have a question. I have read on the forums where NCL is in the process (or has already completed) changing lobster from night 1 in the MDR to night 2 on the buffet. Is this a fleetwide change? More specifically, is this what is the current practice on the Sun? If it has not changed yet but will be changed, does anyone know when? Thanks for any info you can provide so I can set up my specialty restaurants accordingly (I want to do teppanyaki on lobster night as I feel teppanyaki will be the least filling meal in the specialty restaurants).

Hello, we were on the Getaway last month. Lobster was on the buffet along with steak on the second night.

. As far as Teppanyaki goes don't expect to have much room to eat again unless u go early or really late. They gave us a lot of food. There was soup,salad,tons of rice,your entree and then dessert.

Lobster buffet on the breakaway was surprisingly good. We went early (~5:30 or 6) and there was no crowd. Went up 3 more times to get 4 tails total. Delicious. Not cheap tasting or looking at all. Highly recommend.

We saw pictures posted here from the Pearl that lobster was now at the buffet on the second night. We were on the Gem May 17-24. We discussed it with the concierge whether the Gem was going to do it. He couldn't believe it had changed on the Pearl and said MDR first night for the Gem.

Hello, we were on the Getaway last month. Lobster was on the buffet along with steak on the second night.

. As far as Teppanyaki goes don't expect to have much room to eat again unless u go early or really late. They gave us a lot of food. There was soup,salad,tons of rice,your entree and then dessert.

We had the buffet lobster and grilled shrimp on the Getaway also, and agree that it was very good. It was not the tiny crawfish looking lobsters some people have encountered, but good sized ones, and very tasty. It may vary ship to ship, cruise to cruise based on availability.

Our game plan on "lobster night" was to eat very early at one of the MDRs, Taste or Savor, for just a light meal to tide us over, see a show, and then hit the buffet for a lobster and shrimp "snack" afterwards.

There was Lobster in the buffet on the second night on the Epic this week. I didn't see the MDR menu for the first night, but assume that it wasn't there and they have changed to the buffet.

It looks like it's going fleetwide around now.

Here is a video of the buffet on the Pearl, this was the second cruise with the change. We really enjoyed the buffet and the lobster was very good. I have had lobster that has been great to poor, I was raised in Key West as a child and one of my dad's was a lobster man. We ate lobster all the time. I have also live up in the NE US and use to get cold water lobsters also. I am not a lobster snob, just a man that likes to eat them.:D

The lobsters on the Pearl this time was very good compared to some other NCL cruises we have taken.

Here is the video:

Yummy !!!!!!!!!!!! Looks wonderful. I did happen to enjoy the lobster in the MD's also, but this looks like a whole lot easier. Hope it will be on the dawn for the 14 day sailing from NY to New Orleans in November. I can't stand the waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they advertise that there is a lobster night in the buffet? We have never eaten at the buffet for dinner on any of our cruises, so there is no way we would happen to be there by accident. My wife will definitely want to hit the buffet instead of the MDR if there is lobster.

Here is a video of the buffet on the Pearl, this was the second cruise with the change. We really enjoyed the buffet and the lobster was very good. I have had lobster that has been great to poor, I was raised in Key West as a child and one of my dad's was a lobster man. We ate lobster all the time. I have also live up in the NE US and use to get cold water lobsters also. I am not a lobster snob, just a man that likes to eat them.:D

The lobsters on the Pearl this time was very good compared to some other NCL cruises we have taken.

Here is the video:

Hey Squidward Q Tentacles, Having lived in the NE, would love your opinion on the Lobster Rolls on the ship.

I have to say that first of all I don't eat lobster so while it isn't a big deal to me .. I think this is a shame. We have convinced many friends and family to cruise with ncl over the years and it was always nice to see some were excited by the lobster served in the dining room. We had it twice on our 11 night a year ago.

I guess it is better that they kept it somewhere, but lobster is one of those dishes that seems to me so much better suited to a finer dining atmosphere rather than a "grab and go".

Maybe there will be so many people overindulging on the buffet that they will reconsider. Hopefully not to simply remove it but to put it back into a dining room setting. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just off breakaway and I can say that the lobster tails were excellent. Far better on the buffet than i ever remember them being in the dining room. Plentiful, well-cooked ( not dried out like I expected them to be on a buffet) and delicious.

Edited by conandrob240

Just off breakaway and I can say that the lobster tails were excellent.

Far better on the buffet than i ever remember them being in the dining room.

Plentiful, well-cooked( not dried out like I expected them to be on a buffet) and delicious.

I imagine the lobster tails move so fast, that they don't have time to cool down or "dry out".:D

Edited by $hip$hape