Must bookings you have had at once?

kruzerci

Two.

But we frequently book within the final payment window. Our last cruise was booked a week or so prior to departure. We were on a land trip and changed our arrangements to take advantage of an attractive offer.

Two.

But we frequently book within the final payment window. Our last cruise was booked a week or so prior to departure. We were on a land trip and changed our arrangements to take advantage of an attractive offer.

We currently have one booked for next Feb. but we are watching three other itineraries for the right price to hit on at least one of them.

At the moment, we have two booked. One year we went on three cruises. After that experience, we discovered it's more enjoyable (for us) to cruise less frequently and space them farther apart.

Happy cruising!

Edited by JimAOk1945

We have ZERO booked right now and I'm beginning to get the shakes.

I understand. I only have one booked now and it is 4 months away. The two cruises I did in January seem like so long ago.....:(

I've got my eye on two for 2016.

There have been times through the years when we would have six future cruises booked. Sometimes we took two or three cruises in a year and maybe a set or two of b-to-b. When b-to-b, I counted it as two cruises. :)

DH wasn't retired and sadly never will now that he is gone and that makes me very grateful we did all the traveling and cruising we did starting at a very young age.

Don't wait until you retire if you can help it. That day may never come.

There have been times through the years when we would have six future cruises booked. Sometimes we took two or three cruises in a year and maybe a set or two of b-to-b. When b-to-b, I counted it as two cruises. :)

DH wasn't retired and sadly never will now that he is gone and that makes me very grateful we did all the traveling and cruising we did starting at a very young age.

That's so true.

I decided this year that we need to try and do as much traveling as we can, while we can. With all of our parents in their late 70's-80's, we never know when and for how long our lifestyles may have to change to accommodate them. Not to mention we are getting closer to 50 :(!

I had four booked once and they all occurred over less than one year. Since I am a business owner, I have to be somewhat responsible and be at the office. I cruise less now that I bought my house in San Carlos, Mexico and a cigarette boat. I go down there almost every month, so now I only figure on one cruise a year. :)

That's so true.

I decided this year that we need to try and do as much traveling as we can, while we can. With all of our parents in their late 70's-80's, we never know when and for how long our lifestyles may have to change to accommodate them. Not to mention we are getting closer to 50 :(!

DH had a rule that he would never board a ship for a cruise without knowing we had the next one already booked. :) He got no argument from me on that!! :)

Flying to Europe in Sept/Oct for a land trip, hope to snag a cruise.

Flying to Thailand/Malaysia/Oz for Jan/Feb/March. One cruise booked for Feb, hope to snag another cruise....or relax on a beach.

Edited by iancal

I am sorry for your loss. I recall from other posts that you have a number of active friends - and hope that you will share time and activity with them.

We only have one booked now - a T/A in November after a week in Rome; but I expect to have another in the pipeline before then. We schedule around land trips, which seem to require more advance planning: two weeks in St. Maarten in January and two in Sanibel, FL in March.

We are very experienced travelers both by land and by sea. Now that we are OLD and have mobility problems we book fewer cruise and are booking suites. Since we get off at few ports. the ship has become our destination and it is fun to see how different the suite life is. Right now we have 3 booked for this year and 1 for 2015. At our age we like to have something to look forward to.

Have to chuckle at some of the posts. We tend to take longer cruises (most over a month) so seldom have more then 3 or 4 booked at once. We once met a lady during a HAL 62 day cruise who told us that this was only her 5th cruise. We later pried out of her that her other 4 cruises were all World Cruises...each over 100 days. On another cruise we met folks who were proud of their 21 cruises and boasted about this at our dinner table. But they later found out that the total days of all their 21 cruises was less then a single cruise for the other 3 couples at the table. They did not have much to say during the rest of the meal :). My point is that many put some kind of mysterious stock in boasting about the number of cruises (some will sign their postings with each cruise) while others just smile. In our case we cannot even list all of our cruises because we no longer remember (call it a senior moment). On one of our HAL cruises we ate with 2 other fun couples and one night we started comparing cruise experience. It turned out that DW and I were the cruise newbies, despite having spent over 3 years on cruises. We just completed 25 days on the Ruby Princess where a couple on the ship went over 2200 days on Princess during our cruise (and they do cruise other lines). They actually got a few line mention in the daily Princess Patter. This particular couple was from Hobart, Tasmania and pretty well known among frequent Princess cruisers.

The bottom line is that there are a group of folks who practically live on cruise ships (the old QE2 actually had a lady who did live aboard).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner