Hold now, Wow tomorrow?

Answer is probably no, but does anyone know if I can hold a cabin now and get Wow perks tomorrow when I pay for the cruise?

No, a hold is a booking, and therefore it won't be new tomorrow.

No, a hold is a booking, and therefore it won't be new tomorrow.

so sorry, but I disagree:o......i did a courtesy booking (24 hr) hold for my cabin on my upcoming Explorer cruise the night before the last "Wow" sale.

Was able to confirm, pay deposit and got the OBC, the next day:D, the following week after I booked, a resident rate came available (price drop;)) and called, got the drop and still have my OBC.

So everyone's miles may vary.

Is the BOGOHO ending tomorrow? And a new WOW sale coming?

I was hoping to place a hold tonight for the BOGOHO tonight and then call tomorrow to use a NCC. I'm not sure if the WOW sale would benefit us as typically the C&A Balcony benefit is better, but then again, I'm not sure of the terms of the new WOW sale.

If I do put a hold today with the BOGOHO, I won't lose that price even if I wait to transfer a NCC tomorrow, right?

so sorry, but I disagree:o......i did a courtesy booking (24 hr) hold for my cabin on my upcoming Explorer cruise the night before the last "Wow" sale.

Was able to confirm, pay deposit and got the OBC, the next day:D, the following week after I booked, a resident rate came available (price drop;)) and called, got the drop and still have my OBC.

So everyone's miles may vary.

I would keep watching. They may drop the Wow obc from your booking sometime in the future. This happened to me.

Typically, you may NOT put a cabin on hold and then book the wow sale the next day.

Also: "After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer... Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice."

Edited by marci22

I was hoping to place a hold tonight for the BOGOHO tonight and then call tomorrow to use a NCC. I'm not sure if the WOW sale would benefit us as typically the C&A Balcony benefit is better, but then again, I'm not sure of the terms of the new WOW sale.

If I do put a hold today with the BOGOHO, I won't lose that price even if I wait to transfer a NCC tomorrow, right?

The BOGOHO ends today, May 31st. According to the Footnote on the sale information...cruise must be booked May 1-31, 2014 (the Offer Period) so I'm not sure if the price will be honored. Also, the WOW sale is not combinable with Next Cruise.

The WOW sale started today for us in Aus and no your C&A benefit is not combinable with the WOW sale , at least not here .

I would keep watching. They may drop the Wow obc from your booking sometime in the future. This happened to me.

Typically, you may NOT put a cabin on hold and then book the wow sale the next day.

Also: "After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer... Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice."

understood.....have already paid off my cruise and OBC still in effect;)

The price of this cruise has only gone up and our categories sold out, so not expecting any more drops:(

Also the T&C are a little different for this WOW sale....must be getting wise to us:p

understood.....have already paid off my cruise and OBC still in effect;)

The price of this cruise has only gone up and our categories sold out, so not expecting any more drops:(

Also the T&C are a little different for this WOW sale....must be getting wise to us:p

Yes, I noticed they did not specify an exclusionary period. In the past they have said, 'if booking is made or cancelled and rebooked within 4 days prior to sale, Wow will be void' (something like that).

But I would be afraid to advise someone about prebooking the day before in case they would not consider it 'new'. More recent feedback should confirm the ability to prebook wow.

I just got off the RCI website, and the WOW sale ends June 4th. By the way, I booked on the WOW sale, and still got my C&A discount. Have fun all.

You won't really know if you got your C&A discount for a while. Royal has processes that periodically scan bookings and "fix" things.

I just got off the RCI website, and the WOW sale ends June 4th. By the way, I booked on the WOW sale, and still got my C&A discount. Have fun all.

Just for kicks and giggles...called my TA to investigate the WOW deal.

We have a great price from early May...plus the Balcony discount.

To get the Onboard credit added...they'd have to cancel and rebook...which the TA would gladly do. However, the price is higher than our existing reservation, and the net-net is that we'd gain nothing in terms of the Onboard credit - essentially we'd be paying for it with a higher cabin rate.

While it never hurts to check - we already got the best price to date on our next cruise.

You won't really know if you got your C&A discount for a while. Royal has processes that periodically scan bookings and "fix" things.

I agree. They specifically exclude this combination:

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discount programs or rates, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

Well, since I only have a Panoramic Cabin booked for our 4/28/15 cruise I was able to take advantage of the new WOW sale. My new cabin rate is $90.00 more total however the OBC is $ 200.00 so I came out ahead $ 110.00

Not bad for one phone call. But if you are in a balcony or up with discount that would not apply.

Well, since I only have a Panoramic Cabin booked for our 4/28/15 cruise I was able to take advantage of the new WOW sale. My new cabin rate is $90.00 more total however the OBC is $ 200.00 so I came out ahead $ 110.00

Not bad for one phone call. But if you are in a balcony or up with discount that would not apply.

Did you have to cancel and rebook? If so, how did they do your deposit? Did you have to pay again and whatever you paid before is credited back to your card?

I'd appreciate any info... We booked just a few days ago so our price is the same so would definitely like to get the $200 obc ($100 for 2 rooms we have booked)

Thanks!

Never mind, I answered my own question. :) Called C&A. Only 4 minutes on hold. 1st room went up $75 but we added the $100 obc so we netted $25. 2nd room price stayed the same so he added the $100obc. Did not have to rebook. $125 in 10 minutes is not a bad use of my time.