First things you do when you get on board?

Leaving on July 6th on the NOS. We have cruised 3 times in the last two years, so I know what we have done when we get on board, but I would love to know what everyone does. It is DH, my DS 17 and DD 13 and myself on this vacation. We usually get on and go eat at the buffet...then get used to the ship and find our room...not very exciting. We were talking about it this afternoon...what do others like to do? Just would love your ideas! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go eat and then explore the ship from top to bottom (depending on what time we board drop off our stuff in their). Usually with a drink in hand by sail away and we went to every public room onboard.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

We're boring - lunch, weekly spa passes and dinner reservations, and tour the ship. Go to our room and unpack, if the luggage is there. Muster and Sail-away party. Get ready for dinner. One time enjoyed sail - away while sitting in an aft whirl pool.

Are you kidding? Eat? Jeez! I wear my bathing suit under my clothes, and hit the pool! Get a frozen drink, call my "stuck at home friends" and gloat a bit...and then I'm in the vacation mode!

We eat a late breakfast so we don't have to partake in the feeding frenzy.. Not sure why getting on a ship means eating!!!

Are you kidding? Eat? Jeez! I wear my bathing suit under my clothes, and hit the pool! Get a frozen drink, call my "stuck at home friends" and gloat a bit...and then I'm in the vacation mode!

We eat a late breakfast so we don't have to partake in the feeding frenzy.. Not sure why getting on a ship means eating!!!

rule number 1 skip breakfast the day of the cruise, you will eat enough. :D

Board as early as possible and to the Windjammer with everyone else for lunch. Then we explore the ship. Head to the MDR to find our table assignment, make our Chop's reservation, then wander back up to the main pool for an umbrella drink and hang out there until our room is ready.

Feel the air as you board' date=' listen to the bong as your card is swiped for the first time, eat, tour and go to the pool deck.[/quote']

Yes! Love the sound of my card being scanned for the first time!

Nothing like boarding the ship on Day 1. And I still get just as excited as my first cruise.

If the ship has a Royal promenade we stop at the pub for DW to get her first drink and to introduce ourselves to the servers as we are sure to become good friends with them over the next few days.. I normally stop at the cafe promenade for a little snack.

Take a quick look at the ship as we walk onboard, go to the elevator with 30 other people and go up to the windjammer to eat with about 2500 other cruisers that haven't eaten in at least 30 min. Love it.

lmao :p , hey I dont eat from the night before, i am fasted when i get on the ship. knowing full well i will gain a good 8 pounds on board

Take as many photos as possible, with as few people in them as possible. Have an adult bev or two, then unpack. Do not care for heading to windjammer the first day. The humanity seems a little dense.......on the first day especially.

I usually board and feel the stress drain from me.

Then I stand outside in awe with a tear in my eye.

I've fallen over a couple of times too. Not sure what that's about.

Last year we went to the windjammer, and sat behind us there was a family with their plates piled high, drinking wine and beer like there was no tomorrow. They may as well have been in a burger bar.

I love sailing out of Southampton with a drink in my hand right at the top of the ship (well as far as you can get).

Glorious!