Open End Cruise

okay have a question .. just got off a beautiful ship... i had heard about the open end cruise .. filled out the form .. not sure which ship where im going in 2016 .. filled out two names .. put the form in a box .. was billed $200.00 but no booking number was givin to me or how many years or months i have to book a cruise .. rumor has it i have 10 years .. but im sure ill cruise before that ... has anyone done this before ..?? how does it work .. they were too busy to talk or meet with open cruise people .. lol .............. so am i giving away my 200.00 for a limited time .. ( the plan sounds confusing but then again .. i couldnt leave without putting something down on another cruise ..lol ) sounds crazy .. but any one know the policy ? helppppp .. :)

okay have a question .. just got off a beautiful ship... i had heard about the open end cruise .. filled out the form .. not sure which ship where im going in 2016 .. filled out two names .. put the form in a box .. was billed $200.00 but no booking number was givin to me or how many years or months i have to book a cruise .. rumor has it i have 10 years .. but im sure ill cruise before that ... has anyone done this before ..?? how does it work .. they were too busy to talk or meet with open cruise people .. lol .............. so am i giving away my 200.00 for a limited time .. ( the plan sounds confusing but then again .. i couldnt leave without putting something down on another cruise ..lol ) sounds crazy .. but any one know the policy ? helppppp .. :)

The Open Booking, or Next Cruise Certificate, never expires.

You should have been emailed an invoice, which would have the reservation number. You need this number in order to book your cruise at a later date.

Call them up and ask for it.

1-800-526-9723

:)

.. filled out two names .. put the form in a box .. was billed $200.00

In the future you can put down one name and only be billed $100. When your ready to book you can add the second name and pay an additional $100 to complete your deposit. But, you will get $100 back as OBC. Confused? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In the future you can put down one name and only be billed $100. When your ready to book you can add the second name and pay an additional $100 to complete your deposit. But, you will get $100 back as OBC. Confused? ;)

Not anymore I believe. If you don't select the actual ship and sail date onboard, the OBC is only $25 across the board when you finally decide to pick your future cruise.

Not anymore I believe. If you don't select the actual ship and sail date onboard, the OBC is only $25 across the board when you finally decide to pick your future cruise.

I did it as described for my 11/14 cruise that I made reservations for in March and I'm showing $100 OBC.

Edited by Five5

I did it as described for my 11/14 cruise that I made reservations for in March and I'm showing $100 OBC.

When did you make the reservation? The diminution occurred on March 15.

When did you make the reservation? The diminution occurred on March 15.

That's the reason. Feb 18th is when I booked it, of course they forgot my OBC and I had call Mar 29th to get it added!

FCC is now 25 in OBC. Hardly worth it anymore. We still have a couple FCC worth 100, but doubt we will will get them on the next cruise.

They are encouraging you to book specific dates to get a higher OBC.

Actually, the OBC from the new open booking ranges from $25 to $100, but you have to take a 15+ day cruise to get $100 OBC.

FCC is now 25 in OBC. Hardly worth it anymore. We still have a couple FCC worth 100, but doubt we will will get them on the next cruise.

I think the 'worth' really depends on the person.

For me, the opportunity to only have to put $100pp down on the next cruise we ultimately selected instead of $450pp means $800 stays in MY pocket for the next 18 months or so while I wait for my final payment date. Pretty sure if I keep that $800 invested in my name instead of RCCL's, I'll make more than $100 over that time.

(disclaimer...I used an open booking for my next cruise but purchased before the change, so I am getting $150 onboard credit. The change won't stop me from purchasing another though, despite the reduction in credit)

Possibly for some, but in our case we rarely book more than 6 months out. If we find a good sale with a suitable cabin, we take it. Otherwise, we keep looking.

An exception was our Panama Canal cruise on Princess this year that we booked a year out to get specific cabins. We didn't have FCC's for that line, and still our deposit was only $100.

Don't recall ever putting more than $100 deposit for any of our Royal cruises, but then we have had FCC's there for many years.

Just to clarify........

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking). OBC is per cabin.

Length of Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board (formerly known as a Future Cruise booking).OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Edited by cruisenfever

I was advised by my TA to NOT book in one name in the future as RCI is now, in some cases, charging the going rate when adding the second person. And that is usually higher than what I was charged initially.

I think the 'worth' really depends on the person.

For me, the opportunity to only have to put $100pp down on the next cruise we ultimately selected instead of $450pp means $800 stays in MY pocket for the next 18 months or so while I wait for my final payment date. Pretty sure if I keep that $800 invested in my name instead of RCCL's, I'll make more than $100 over that time.

(disclaimer...I used an open booking for my next cruise but purchased before the change, so I am getting $150 onboard credit. The change won't stop me from purchasing another though, despite the reduction in credit)

If you have an investment vehicle that has over 10% return, please tell me what it is!!!!!

In fact, you will be fortunate to make .02% over that time period. :rolleyes: