Diamond Plus "Behind the Scenes Tour"

The only details I can find on this on RCI site are

"Behind the Scenes Tours including the Galley, Bridge, and enhanced Entertainment Tour with VIP Theatre Experience available only on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members."

Is this the same as the All-Access tour which I thought included engine control room, laundry, crew dining, etc. I have family members who just received D+ status but are not on this site and they asked me if it is the same as the $150 tour. I don't know.

Any D+ members that have taken this tour please let me know. Thanks.

Not the same as the All-Access tour. The All-Access tour includes many more places on the ship than are covered ny the typical tours offered to D+. The different D+ tours might be given on different days. The All-Access tour is one 3+ hour experience.

Edited by clarea

Not the same as the All-Access tour. The All-Access tour includes many more places on the ship than are covered ny the typical tours offered to D+. The different D+ tours might be given on different days. The All-Access tour is one 3+ hour experience.

That's kind of what I was thinking in terms of the tour. It's some areas, but not as much as the pay for it tour.

Another question; these are older folks and one wants to go on the tour and one has no interest and wants to give her spot to her grandson that is, obviously, not D+. I told her I didn't know if it was possible and to ask the concierge when they are onboard. I guess that's a statement, not a question. :D

That's kind of what I was thinking in terms of the tour. It's some areas, but not as much as the pay for it tour.

Another question; these are older folks and one wants to go on the tour and one has no interest and wants to give her spot to her grandson that is, obviously, not D+. I told her I didn't know if it was possible and to ask the concierge when they are onboard. I guess that's a statement, not a question. :D

The entertainment and galley tours are low key. No one is checking SeaPass cards or names, so you could probably substitute someone without anyone caring.

The bridge tour is higher security. They have a list of names that are checked off. You should speak to the Concierge about substituting anyone on this tour.

The entertainment and galley tours are low key. No one is checking SeaPass cards or names, so you could probably substitute someone without anyone caring.

The bridge tour is higher security. They have a list of names that are checked off. You should speak to the Concierge about substituting anyone on this tour.

The bridge security people now have your PHOTOGRAPH on their list, along with your name.

If you are not on the list, you are not touring the bridge.

:eek:

We have taken the D level comp tour offered on the Liberty which included the galley & bridge (NO substitutions of passengers due to security and you did have to show your SeaPass)) and sorry but wasn't impressed..but then again it was a comp...On our recent cruise (May 30th on ROS) as D+ we were offered the bridge, galley & theater..but passed it up...I believe the all access tour at $150.00pp would offer not only more time (over 3 hours) but would give a much better view of these areas including the engine control room. Usually one tour is offered (at least on our cruise) with a limit of 15 people.

We did a B2B on Legend. We took the bridge tour the first week. On the second week...DH went and took his BIL in my place. When they checked in security checked BIL card and he was allowed to go in my place....he's only platinum.

We did a B2B on Legend. We took the bridge tour the first week. On the second week...DH went and took his BIL in my place. When they checked in security checked BIL card and he was allowed to go in my place....he's only platinum.

When we did the bridge tour, someone was there wanting to substitute for someone else and they gave them a really hard time about it. It was very awkward because the woman got very angry. I don't think they ended up being allowed to go. Forget which ship.

Edited by marci22

I believe they also ask for closed shoes.

Must be by ship as we did the galley tour on EN last year and didn't have sub requirements and in fact brought our then 2yo with us (after asking if she could join us). There was lots of walking very high level overview but good food at the end.

Thanks Deb - when you substituted a person on the tour did you make arrangements with concierge / guest services prior?

If it can be accommodated great. If they don't, they don't. But I just don't want to give anyone advice to just show up and hope for the best. Always good to have a plan; I already told them to try to arrange through concierge but if there is better info I will pass it on.

I was also on Legend and did galley tour. The invite did not ask for pants (although in hindsight this would have made sense). They did request close toe shoes. I would say over 50% showed up in sandals and flip flops. They told one person to change footwear who had like a total psychotic meltdown about being D+ and never having done so before with footwear, so they just let it go.

I don't think you are allowed to wear shorts on the galley tour, for safety reasons. I'm serious.

I have heard that before as well but have been on the full behind the scenes tours where several people attended wearing shorts. (I was one of them :) :o)

However, they do not make exceptions for not wearing closed toe shoes. There was a woman signed up who was denied the tour as she did not have closed toe shoes available to wear.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes I often wear shorts on the galley tour, but closed toed shoes are a must...I also have seen people sent away to change...

Once, the Exec Chef caught the shoe issue, the 'host' for the tour did not see that someone was in sandals...the chef was NOT happy...at either the guest nor the CD staffer who missed it...

He suggested that the guest move their rear end.....I think the person never bothered to return....the Chef waited MAYBE 1 minute and off we all went....

I think this is something where everyones individual experience is going to differ. We were allowed this, we weren't allowed that. We did it this way, they did it that way. Another example of RCI not being consistent in policy, which brings me back to my question about subbing in the grandson for the tour.

I appreciate everyones input but there's probably no right answer and so guest services/concierge is probably the best angle and just accept whatever the response is.

This will be on FOS by the way.

We have done all of these tours over the years. We were on the ALlure in April and did the Entertainment tour. It started with a q and a with a bunch of the main actors from Chicago, as well as the lead stunt person from the water show. Very interesting/informative and then a behind the scenes tour. It was kind of cool and held the kids interest as well. VERY casual. I agree with others, I don't think they even checked our cards or asked our names.

I think this is something where everyones individual experience is going to differ. We were allowed this, we weren't allowed that. We did it this way, they did it that way. Another example of RCI not being consistent in policy, which brings me back to my question about subbing in the grandson for the tour.

I appreciate everyones input but there's probably no right answer and so guest services/concierge is probably the best angle and just accept whatever the response is.

This will be on FOS by the way.

Certainly worth asking but I can second the comments about the bridge tour at least based on direct experience in that it is specified as D+ only and that they have you listed for attendance with picture confirmation. The SeaPass card must match the person on the list. But see what they say on board and as you say just accept whatever the response is.