Post your "simply demented"/inexplicable encounters with Royal's IT department

40 completed Royal Cruises

1 Royal Cruise coming up paid in full

19 Royal Cruises, booked, deposits paid through 2016

Not one problem... not even a minor glich... some booked on line (ever since we could start doing that)... a few booked on the ships or over phone... follow-up phone calls to add gratuities or cruise care... a few follow up phone calls to take advantage of price drops...

No worries... No problems... No Glitches... Not even a rude person on the phone... No long phone waits...

They like me!!! They Really Like Me!!!

The only thing I don't like is that if you have a B2B booked and it is linked... you can't make a payment on line... it takes a phone call. Ok... not a horrible or devastating glitch and I'd never complain about it. Gee... I hope my good luck holds!! Hope everyone else finds good luck too!~

No problems here either. Sorry. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That's great. I am really very happy for both of you.

Of course, I am wondering why you posted on a thread that invited stories of IT-dysfunction.................

But I will tell you, until the situation that I described in my initial post, I had had no problems either.

Your Waterloo will come!

;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Your Waterloo will come!

;)

I don't see how anyone hasn't had at least one problem with Royal's messed up website/IT dept. Dates changing when pricing out a cruise, 600 cruises coming up when you put in that you're from NJ on their 'advanced cruise search', booked cruises repricing themselves every day...list goes on. Unless they are just overlooking those things as 'glitches'.

No matter how long that website has been messed up as they change/add new features, certain %age of posters keep saying 'it's a glitch! Let RC work it out and things will be fine! Have patience!' ok rant over lol

I don't see how anyone hasn't had at least one problem with Royal's messed up website/IT dept. Dates changing when pricing out a cruise, 600 cruises coming up when you put in that you're from NJ on their 'advanced cruise search', booked cruises repricing themselves every day...list goes on. Unless they are just overlooking those things as 'glitches'.

No matter how long that website has been messed up as they change/add new features, certain %age of posters keep saying 'it's a glitch! Let RC work it out and things will be fine! Have patience!' ok rant over lol

Marci22 - the dates changing when you price a cruise drives me bonkers!

The glitch I keep noticing is on the page that's lists my booked cruises the pricing is all wrong. I have to go into that cruise itself to see the actual price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LissyTx

Is this something new? DS is two C&A levels above his wife.

That sounds like the two C&A accounts somehow got de-linked, or were never properly linked it the first place. Our accounts somehow got de-linked last fall when the system made me 20 years younger and changed the month and day I was born, and my cruises stopped showing up on my list - but did show up on DW's. C&A had to get resolutions and IT involved to re-link all of the missing cruises:eek:

"Actually, you should have the same number of credits as a married couple. I have half a dozen or so more cruises than DH and we have the same total."

Yes, that is correct but if you count the cruises as shown on each of our records, I would have 316 and he would have 330 so we should both have 330.

The total shown for both of us is 323 which is correct but how they got that number baffles me based on our actual cruise histories as shown on each of our records. We have always sailed together.

Our DIL just went on her first cruise in March. We had taken our GS on a 7 day cruise in a JS and he had 14 cruise credits. His sister was also in a JS with us but it was an upgrade so she had 7 of her own credits but 14 since they are in the same household. After this cruise DIL signed up for C&A and when she looked at her record she has 22 credits. I would think that it should be 21 since her son had 14 prior to their 7 day March cruise. It just seems like this sort of thing would be simple enough to keep straight.

On the other hand sometimes it works to a person's advantage! On the Mariner Around the horn 46 day cruise we should have been Diamond but when we checked in our Seapass said Diamond Plus. (I was curious about why we were offered an upgrade to a JS on the first leg when I knew there were a lot of DPs onboard.) Turns out a lot of DH's cruises were duplicated and they had given him double points. They figured that one out on their on fairly quickly!

BTW we didn't take the upgrade on the Mariner because we wanted to be sure we didn't have to move for the other two legs so we didn't keep a real DP from getting it.

That is wrong. They should call and have it fixed. Critterchick is right - they should have the same C&A status.

I'm not quite the expert you are Carol, but my wife has several more points than I, but we do have same status. I don't see that as a problem

I'm not quite the expert you are Carol, but my wife has several more points than I, but we do have same status. I don't see that as a problem

As long as you keep the same wife, you're good;)

Not a big issue, but it has always bugged me that they cannot seem to keep the information consistent from one part of the website to another. For example, want to know what [is suggested] to wear on "smart casual" night? Well, the general "suggested guidelines" for evenings on board are:

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women.

For specialty restaurants the guidance is:

We suggest smart casual attire - jackets for men, dresses or pantsuits for women.
Edited by mjldvlks

Linda O hope you have not just jinked yourself.:)

We have had small issues but most of the time I do everything calling directly and it has worked out.

Once my TA paid in full the wrong cruise and it was awful getting over 2k back. It took three weeks, multiple phone calls and they kept dribbling the money back in small crazy amounts like $123.45. No longer using that TA.

As adviced here I print out my C and A points after each cruise just in case the IT department decides to take some away.

That's the plan

You never know. You should each show the same amount of points. My husband and I have different points (due to booking 2 cabins, sometimes in suite/regular, with our kids) but we show the same number on our accounts.

You never know. You should each show the same amount of points. My husband and I have different points (due to booking 2 cabins, sometimes in suite/regular, with our kids) but we show the same number on our accounts.

Points don't matter to me as long as status is the same. I'm not as picky as some people. :rolleyes:

I tried to log into my "My Cruises" account the other day and I couldn't log in. The message said my username and password were not correct. Funny, I've been using the same username and password with them for 13 years and it's always worked before. So.... I click on the "forgot username or password?" button to have them e-mail me my username and password and I get an error saying the name I have entered is not the name they have on file for that e-mail address. Again, this is the only name and e-mail address I have given them in 13 years. I e-mailed their IT department to try to get it resolved. It's now been two days and I haven't heard anything from them yet.

If this has already been answered I apologize. I had the same problem starting Sunday. At Bob's suggestion, yesterday a wonderful lady (name Fay(e)) at Crown and Anchor took about 45 minutes and straightened it out for me. You might call them for assistance.

That's great. I am really very happy for both of you.

Of course, I am wondering why you posted on a thread that invited stories of IT-dysfunction.................

But I will tell you, until the situation that I described in my initial post, I had had no problems either.

Your Waterloo will come!

;)

I'm wondering, if you are so happy for us... why you would wish a Waterloo!! LOL

And... I thought this was an open forum for discussion... not just for complaining. I figured it might give some hope to you, and others, that there are those of us out here that have had no problems with bookings or our accounts. You shouldn't be surprised, in an open forum, if those of us that have good news, choose to share.

Honestly... just because your email address was messed up... and maybe just maybe it got changed when you accessed your account somehow... and not on RCI's end... I'm not saying that happened, I'm just saying you might have populated the field by accident, isn't exactly a what I would consider a "simply demented"/inexplicable encounters with Royal's IT department --

I am not saying there are no problems. I'm not saying that sometime bad things happen for no explainable reason. I'm just saying... I've not personally experienced any incidents. But, if something happens, I'll report it here immediately!

I do sincerely hope they correct your email address and you receive your surveys. And I hope your future sailings are carefree and enjoyable.

We are booked on Navigator in August. I check on prices every day to see if prices have gone down thinking maybe we could upgrade. For the last three days when I get to the last screen for the price breakdown I get the message "Sorry. The information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please check again later." Is that a pretty common occurrence? After sailing CCL for most of our cruises, RCCL is our new favorite, however, I don't remember ever having problems on the CCL website. "Later ", has turned into three days.

I'm wondering, if you are so happy for us... why you would wish a Waterloo!! LOL

She's not wishing it on you, she's just saying the odds are against you, and I agree.

The website and the IT dept at RC are KNOWN for their glitches, inconsistencies, and foul ups. Consider yourself lucky.

For now...heh heh heh

She's not wishing it on you, she's just saying the odds are against you, and I agree.

The website and the IT dept at RC are KNOWN for their glitches, inconsistencies, and foul ups. Consider yourself lucky.

For now...heh heh heh

Not that lucky... just in the majority... as the majority of us have not had problems...

Just sailed on the Oasis with a party of 12. I cannot possibly list all of the technical issues we had leading up to the sailing: people disappearing, reservations disappearing, inability to book excursions for some but not all...the list goes on and on. I spent countless hours on the phone with customer support.

And it did not get better when onboard. Just as an example: On Monday evening, we had a reservation at Giovanni's for party of 12. We had paid for this meal in advance ($300) due to another glitch. When we boarded, I asked the concierge to confirm our reservation: it was for a party of 11! (He then corrected it). We enjoyed a terrific meal, and were preparing to leave a tip when the waiter asked to have my seapass card to pay for the 12 meals. I told him that I had paid in advance, and gave him the name of the individual that had processed our reservation and payment. He indicated that he had no record of it, and asked me to pay (again) the $300, indicating he would have it reversed when he confirmed the prepayment.

On Wednesday morning, the "guest coordinator" called to ask why we had not shown up at Giovanni's for our reservation. I was speechless. I told the woman that not only had we shown up, but that we had paid twice, and that I wanted the $300 charge reversed. She indicated she had no record of us being there!

A few minutes later, we showed up for our pre-paid All-Access tour. The activities coordinator had the list of participants: 2 names were on the list, but there were 14 of us standing there with pre-paid confirmations. Ironically, I had asked to add one of our children onto the tour the day before, but after 20 minutes of waiting for the "slow system", I was told the tour was full. Full with 2 people? The activities coordinator was then forced to go figure out what had happened to all of the reservations.

I have worked in the technology industry for many, many years. I simply don't understand how their systems can have so many flaws.

We are booked on Navigator in August. I check on prices every day to see if prices have gone down thinking maybe we could upgrade. For the last three days when I get to the last screen for the price breakdown I get the message "Sorry. The information you requested is temporarily unavailable. Please check again later." Is that a pretty common occurrence? After sailing CCL for most of our cruises, RCCL is our new favorite, however, I don't remember ever having problems on the CCL website. "Later ", has turned into three days.

This is happening to me today. I'm trying to book a cruise for next spring and can't get to the room selection stage. I'll try again in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app