Upsell on the Zuiderdam

Dismomx5

TA sent me these options:

Cat VA-VH to Category SA-SC for an additional $549 per person

or category VA-VH to Category SS-SZ for an additional $149 per person.

Thinking that I don't want to spend an extra $1050, but the $300 sounds like I should entertain that???:confused:

Thinking that I don't want to spend an extra $1050, but the $300 sounds like I should entertain that???:confused:

I would jump at the second offer of $149 per person as long as the cabin is under the carpeted Lido restaurant.

I'm think you should sign up for the Category SS-SZ, but do it soon. Sounds like a great deal.

I would jump at the second offer of $149 per person as long as the cabin is under the carpeted Lido restaurant.

Ditto - I just booked an SY on the Zuiderdam under the carpeted area of the Lido, two doors aft of the mid-ship elevators. Should be a quiet area and good access area, even one deck below the Lido.

As an upsell from a gty, can I request that the room be under the carpeted area if on deck 8? Or a different deck? I'd love aft, but it was originally a gty with HAL placing me where they will. ;)

As an upsell from a gty, can I request that the room be under the carpeted area if on deck 8? Or a different deck? I'd love aft, but it was originally a gty with HAL placing me where they will. ;)

You can always ask. The worst that happens is HAL says "no", and you decide whether to spend or not. Maybe they'll say "yes".

You won't know if you don't ask.

Good luck.

Usually they will tell you which rooms are available and you can go from there.

Awesome! Thanks! My TA sent me the email at 4:32 this afternoon. She'll call with my request first thing in the morning. (We've been in contact this evening, so she knows what I'd like) Getting excited!

I agree with others that if it is a SY under the carpeted area of the Lido Deck or a SS take it.

You might find, after accepting this, you will receive an upsell off to a Neptune Suite for a price that is close to the upsell for the Signature Suite.

I agree with others that if it is a SY under the carpeted area of the Lido Deck or a SS take it.

You might find, after accepting this, you will receive an upsell off to a Neptune Suite for a price that is close to the upsell for the Signature Suite.

We got our upsell. It is under the pool, near as I can tell, but the TA assures me that she has been there and the noise will be a non-issue. :rolleyes: Luckily, both DH and I will sleep well, I think. It is our 30th anniversary, so I am thrilled to have the nicer cabin. Neptune Suite? Never say never! (and fingers crossed!) LOL

We got our upsell. It is under the pool, near as I can tell, but the TA assures me that she has been there and the noise will be a non-issue. :rolleyes: Luckily, both DH and I will sleep well, I think. It is our 30th anniversary, so I am thrilled to have the nicer cabin. Neptune Suite? Never say never! (and fingers crossed!) LOL

Congratulations on snatching the up sell to the SS/SY, and I agree with rkacruiser you still might get a better offer for a Neptune Suite.

Congratulations also on your 30th Anniversary.

I'm a pretty light sleeper and I've had some cabins under the pool area. These have been on Caribbean cruises. While you could hear some moving of chairs it just isn't bad on Hal. I've had the same cabins on Princess and I'll never do that again. I pick my room on Princess.

We are on the same cruise and took the upsell offer too.

We were booked in a VE suite and received an upsell offer the day before the OP. HAL offered an SA suite for 159 pp, so we took it. From a VE to an SA For just over $300 we couldn't turn an offer like that down!

I wonder if we got the offer a day earlier because we booked directly with HAL instead of with a TA? Does anyone know?

We were booked in a VE suite and received an upsell offer the day before the OP. HAL offered an SA suite for 159 pp, so we took it. From a VE to an SA For just over $300 we couldn't turn an offer like that down!

I wonder if we got the offer a day earlier because we booked directly with HAL instead of with a TA? Does anyone know?

That's awesome. Have a wonderful time. I do believe that booking directly with Hal does give you the upper hand but I know that posters do dispute that. The thing is, if you work with a ta it's that much slower because you are dealing with a middleman.

Great deal! Congratulations!