Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

Peggy that's true I guess. But we need to get over it, and put it behind us. RCI has an account on these boards, if they believe we already are resigned to a lower status they may say why not?

I've been with RCCL for 41 years, and have never felt they had this attitude. What I think got lost in the shuffle over the years is that the Diamond Lounges very likely emerged because of the backlash over Diamonds being removed from the CL.

I agree that it's time to just move on, because as I keep saying: it's all free; it's all their decision.

Steveru621.... Thanks for your input on your March Explorer cruise...That was the question I was trying to get answered...they still had the diamond event and you could get any regular diamond club drink, not just wine, champagne,or soda. Still would like to hear from anyone on June 14th Explorer and later cruises about their experience.

And if they don't? Will you cancel your trip?

I'm on the edge now because of the Dynamic Dining Disaster. One more change may just push me to cancel. We have cruised on the Explorer with no Diamond Club, paying for drinks, and hated it because we felt like second class diamonds. For years RCI has felt Explorer was the best they can do out of NJ. To bring in another ship, a new one at that, without a Diamond Club would be a slap in the face.

Unfortunately if the unthinkable does become reality it will probably be after final payment. :mad:

I'm on the edge now because of the Dynamic Dining Disaster. One more change may just push me to cancel. We have cruised on the Explorer with no Diamond Club, paying for drinks, and hated it because we felt like second class diamonds. For years RCI has felt Explorer was the best they can do out of NJ. To bring in another ship, a new one at that, without a Diamond Club would be a slap in the face.

Unfortunately if the unthinkable does become reality it will probably be after final payment. :mad:

We've sailed on the Adventure many times and she does not have a dedicated D lounge, but we were able to get drinks I believe at the 19th hole by the Viking Lounge. Initially no beer or liquor unless you paid for it at a discount. However, the 2 most recent cruises in '12 & '13 beer & wine was flowing. I can't believe that RCL did not have a similar set-up for the Explorer.

We've sailed on the Adventure many times and she does not have a dedicated D lounge, but we were able to get drinks I believe at the 19th hole by the Viking Lounge. Initially no beer or liquor unless you paid for it at a discount. However, the 2 most recent cruises in '12 & '13 beer & wine was flowing. I can't believe that RCL did not have a similar set-up for the Explorer.

Hello,

No, the Adventure does now have a Diamond Club in the same place as the Independence - off the Viking Crown Lounge and what was 19th Hole.

Regards,

Cublet

Hi Cublet!

I see you are from Bristol! My Mum was born in the Bedminster part of Bristol and most of my family live there!! I'll be skyping with my Auntie and cousins in Fishponds in a little while!!!

Cheryl

Hello,

Bedminster used to be separate from Bristol and called Bedminster Town (as is still the local football club). The wealthiest family in England, the Canynges (pronounced Canning), in the 15thC came from there.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

I may have missed the point, but I have a deck plan of Quantum and a Diamond Club is shown fwd on Deck 4 starboard.

Regards,

Cublet

Can anyone fill in the blanks or alter any dates I've collected so far...

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment -

Explorer - 14th June 2014

Freedom – 13th July 2014

Grandeur - September 12, 2014

Independence - 14th June 2014

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Navigator - 6th July 2014

Oasis - 5th July 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

It's been several pages since there was an update or addition to this list, but I received an email today saying we would have 3 drinks added each day of our Bermuda cruise aboard the Grandeur in September.

I thought that I would start a thread where people can post which ships have moved to include drink vouchers loaded on Sea Pass cards in addition to the nightly Diamond and up event/lounge.

So please copy and paste the most current post with the list and add your Ship to the bottom. :D

Independence had it in March 2014. It was great :) Just been on the Enchantment, Vision, and Majesty and they did not offer this easy and great opportunity as of yet.....

That was my exact question. I usually only have one glass of wine (sometims 2 if I am talking and don't notice the server refilling my glass). however, I was curious on how they will handle this. Will the CL/DL servers now start scanning your card to account for those drinks? If not it isn't really a win for RC. I could go to a bar and get a drink and hand it to a friend. Go the CL and have my wine. Then go back to two more bars and get drinks to give to friends.

But why would you do that???? Just to get your friend a free drink then go somewhere else and not be with your friend? Really? People talk about Royal Caribbean going downhill....what about some of the guests? Who behaves in this manner?

The drink vouchers will include the same limitations as the lounges do.

ummmm...not really true. I have actually experienced the drink voucher system on the Navigator this past March and depending on your server you could usually get pretty much what you wanted. Now the actual RULES??? Who knows. Royal is not very clear nor are they consistent on their rules.

That does not seem to be correct info, if you go by the September date of fleet wide implementation. I believe there will still be 3 ships based in the UK in September.

Hi : D+ and never receive any emails from RCCL: other than my documentation.

Hello,

No, the Adventure does now have a Diamond Club in the same place as the Independence - off the Viking Crown Lounge and what was 19th Hole.

Regards,

Cublet

Thanks for the update. My post was to determine if the EX had the same set-up as the AD and the OP comments regarding paying for drinks.

Been on Legend for the past 11 days..... sat at airport quite sad right now....

Not read whole thread so apologies if this has been covered. Spoke to Sascha in the D lounge about this and he said it will be rolled out fleet-wide September time..... not specifc date by which it would be implemented.

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment -

Freedom – 13th July 2014

Grandeur - 12th September 2014

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Oasis - 28th June 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

Voyager -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can I have the other two??!! :D

Are you crazy... I gave them to our 7 year old. Just kidding. :p

The CL was dead quiet, tables and chairs easily available. Allan and Isreal even commented upon it.

Adventure -

Allure -

Brilliance -

Enchantment -

Freedom – 13th July 2014

Grandeur - 12th September 2014

Jewel -

Legend -

Liberty -

Majesty -

Mariner -

Monarch -

Oasis - 28th June 2014

Radiance -

Rhapsody -

Serenade -

Splendour -

Vision -

Voyager -

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Monarch is no longer in the fleet:)

Edited by orville99

Are you crazy... I gave them to our 7 year old. Just kidding. :p

The CL was dead quiet, tables and chairs easily available. Allan and Isreal even commented upon it.

Not good! Hope it does not lead to the elimination of the lounge(s).