Booking 2 consecutive cruises & 2 different categories

Chelly

Hope this doesn't sound strange. Has anyone booked two consecutive cruises on same ship and booked different categories for each segment?

I would like to book a Mediterranean cruise followed by the WB TA. Booking a balcony for the two segments isn't affordable. So I have been wondering if I could book an inside for the Mediterranean segment and a balcony for the TA segment to save on costs.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before putting the question to my travel agent.

Thanks!

No reason not to.

I think this is a good idea to save on the overall cost.

If, however, these cruise are sold, also, as one Collector's cruise, you should take a look a the pricing to make sure you can't get the balcony for the whole for a price that would suit you

Yes, we have. In our experience the ship will assist you to change cabins in every possible way. The room stewards will take entire drawers and change them out with the empty ones. They will bring a cart and put all your hanging stuff on them and take that for you. Mostly you just have to pack up your bathroom and nighttables.

It is an easy change to make. When we have done it we also went from a balcony to an outside cabin. Easey peasey. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

No reason not to.

I think this is a good idea to save on the overall cost.

If, however, these cruise are sold, also, as one Collector's cruise, you should take a look a the pricing to make sure you can't get the balcony for the whole for a price that would suit you

Checked Combined collector's cruise pricing for balcony all the way is too expensive.

Hope this doesn't sound strange. Has anyone booked two consecutive cruises on same ship and booked different categories for each segment?

I would like to book a Mediterranean cruise followed by the WB TA. Booking a balcony for the two segments isn't affordable. So I have been wondering if I could book an inside for the Mediterranean segment and a balcony for the TA segment to save on costs.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before putting the question to my travel agent.

Thanks!

Booked two consecutive cruises (B2B) on Westerdam July 5 and July 12 in SS category then changed first week to SB when an aft wrap became open. HAL PCC handled it without a hitch. So will move from SB to SS during the time in port before others board.

Yes, we have. In our experience the ship will assist you to change cabins in every possible way. The room stewards will take entire drawers and change them out with the empty ones. They will bring a cart and put all your hanging stuff on them and take that for you. Mostly you just have to pack up your bathroom and nighttables.

It is an easy change to make. When we have done it we also went from a balcony to an outside cabin. Easey peasey. Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much Kakalina for posting your experience. I don't mind packing up and moving; I am thankful HAL has no problem with this sort of booking. I see you are still a Hawaii fan. It's on my bucket list, which is waaaayyyyy too long...:D

Booked two consecutive cruises (B2B) on Westerdam July 5 and July 12 in SS category then changed first week to SB when an aft wrap became open. HAL PCC handled it without a hitch. So will move from SB to SS during the time in port before others board.

Thanks Crew News. So, you pay one price for the first segment and another price for the second?

Yes. The price for the SB was $450 more for the upgrade. It remains two different booking numbers.

Excellent! Thanks again! You have helped me out more than a couple times and I always appreciate it.

I haven't checked the length of your cruises but if you can book them separately you would be able to get two Stock Holder's Benefits (if you hold 100 shares of CCL stock). Sailings of 14 or more nights is $250, 7-13 nights is $100, so if your Med is 7 nights and your TA is 14 or more you could get $350 instead of just $250 if booked as one cruise. Remember the benefit is per cabin. m--

Thanks!

I did this in Japan with my sister. We had an inside reserved for each segment. The price never changed for the first week, but prices dropped s far for second week, I changed us to a balcony. I didn't tell my sis, so I had a nice surprise for her at the end of the first week.

Then we got upgraded to a mini suite due to some problems with our cabin during the first week. Yahoo!

Quite a few years ago we booked 2 different categories -- sailing out of Florida.

Major problem was getting the people out of the other cabin. They chose to be the last ones off the ship and we could not move our items into the new cabin until after we had been called for immigration and sat in the terminal for an extra 1/2 hour. It was 10:30 before we got back on the ship. Still had to wait for new cabin to be cleaned before we could move. And our old cabin couldn't be cleaned thoroughly until we got out of it.

Never ever did we do that again.

As others have said you definitely can do this although HAL will not recognize it is a Collectors Series the ship will :) There are often special luncheons or other goodies given to those that do the Collectors cruises. The ship does not see that you booked as one they just see that you are on a B2B and you should still get all the extras. Many people often do this to save money or try different categories. If you choose guarantee for both they may even attempt to get you the same cabin for both voyages :) I have seen this happen.

Thanks!

Chelly, I hope you are thinking about the Med prior to the TA this year. I have been lurking on your roll call, as my group thought about doing just what you are talking about, but decided it was too long to be away from home, so we are doing the Oct.8 Noordam. I woud love to see your shipbuilding. Your roll call is quite active and interesting. What ever you decide have a great time.

thanks

Terri aka Augie's mom

Chelly' date=' I hope you are thinking about the Med prior to the TA this year. I have been lurking on your roll call, as my group thought about doing just what you are talking about, but decided it was too long to be away from home, so we are doing the Oct.8 Noordam. I woud love to see your shipbuilding. Your roll call is quite active and interesting. What ever you decide have a great time.

thanks

Terri aka Augie's mom[/quote']

Glad to hear from you Augie's mom. Yes indeed, our Roll Call is quite a group of characters! Combining the Oct 8 and the TA is too long for me to be away from home this year. I am trying to find a way to rationalize it for next year.

Last year I just did the Med cruise right before the TA and was sorry I couldn't stay on for the TA. One of these days.......

Anyway, lurk away on our Roll Call and feel free to join in if you'd like. Happy to have you. :-)

Edited by Chelly

As others have said you definitely can do this although HAL will not recognize it is a Collectors Series the ship will :) There are often special luncheons or other goodies given to those that do the Collectors cruises. The ship does not see that you booked as one they just see that you are on a B2B and you should still get all the extras. Many people often do this to save money or try different categories. If you choose guarantee for both they may even attempt to get you the same cabin for both voyages :) I have seen this happen.

Lisa, Really appreciate your input. Thank you!

Now can you talk my cat-sitter into the four weeks I will need? :D

Edited by Chelly

I haven't checked the length of your cruises but if you can book them separately you would be able to get two Stock Holder's Benefits (if you hold 100 shares of CCL stock). Sailings of 14 or more nights is $250, 7-13 nights is $100, so if your Med is 7 nights and your TA is 14 or more you could get $350 instead of just $250 if booked as one cruise. Remember the benefit is per cabin. m--

I like this......:) Yes, I am a stock holder.

So I have been wondering if I could book an inside for the Mediterranean segment and a balcony for the TA segment to save on costs.
I like the idea, but I would do it the other way around. We most enjoy our balcony arriving in or departing from ports, and don't see much use for one on T-A days where there's nothing to see but water! If I just want to sit outside and read I can go to the promenade. :) Edited by catl331

• 1 month later...

Rather then start an new thread - I will pose my question here. We are booked on a cruise in 2 segments. If I have remaining OBC does that get returned to my credit card - or can it be carried over for the next segment. Also along the same line - drink cards and internet minutes - is that "use them - or lose them"?

We have done it...but not on HAL. Two years ago, when booking a back to back 11 and 14 day Celebrity cruise we booked a regular balcony cabin for one segment and an Aqua Class balcony for the other segment. Our reasoning had nothing to do with the cabins or cost, but rather that we wanted to dine in Aqua Class's Blu restaurant for one cruise, but decided to dine in other venues on the 2nd cruise.

Hank