NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

•  
  •  

Ship - Epic

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9080

Stateroom Category -Large Balcony

Starboard or Port -Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue) - Nice View

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - We were able to have a lounger, 2 chairs and a small table.  

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - We loved the cabin and location.  It was close to the front elevators.

Any other comments? -The bed was near the door, I would have liked the bed closer to the balcony for more room when getting dressed.  I would pick this room again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Getaway

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13884

Stateroom Category – BC

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, especially of the fjords.  No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - This is an accessible cabin so the balcony was twice the width of the normal balcony.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The AC would reset itself to a warmer temperature.  Since this was a North Sea/Arctic cruise, my wife just opened the balcony window.  It was freezing outside (literally) so we were able to compensate.

Also, being an accessible cabin, the sink in the bathroom didn't have any counter space.

Any other comments? - Very well laidout.  Parking place with electrical outlet for scooter.  Wife had plenty of room.  Bathroom was better laid out than the Epic with an extra set of drains around the shower bench.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:23 PM, CoffeeGoddess said:

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10786

Stateroom Category – mid ship mini suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Stateroom was quiet, no noise issues except for the next door cabin scrapping furniture on the deck.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was good, couldn't see directly down due to the cover on the waterfront but it was still very open.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems

Any other comments?

With the cabin being right off the forward elevator lobby it was very easy to find and access when needed. No real sound issues from being close to the lobby.  I enjoyed the shower and would pick a mini-suite again just for the larger shower with jets. 

20190428_142848.thumb.jpg.0539915495a05d63eb65ec1de6ee6f18.jpg

20190428_142857.thumb.jpg.e36152816cb7778323fe5267da4fe575.jpg

20190501_182313.thumb.jpg.740294084914fb61d7fb66031f45cdf8.jpg

20190501_182346.thumb.jpg.04dde6f37974501c4ea02b40c786084d.jpg

20190501_182409.thumb.jpg.be97511da357aec7bed9a7d7c98e0d40.jpg

20190501_182420.thumb.jpg.a2dd7c3609c5e6a9b34d1f5f52b33699.jpg

20190501_182440.thumb.jpg.0c3bb6ac2b238365fb71979df412f05d.jpg

20190501_182400.thumb.jpg.deea3aacac221a2fde1fe084d599df98.jpg

20190430_064936.thumb.jpg.3f7bddcb96bd0364f4aa757174559c3b.jpg

Great review with really good pictures, thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Escape

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5142

Stateroom Category – family oceanview

Starboard or Port Side -

Quiet Stateroom? yes, only 3 minutes of minimal noise while gangway was being put out after docking –

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - none

Any other comments? - This cabin is about 200 sq ft. Two other families that went with us had balconies and we jealous of the space we had, bigger than their rooms. Bathroom has double sink, shower with bathtub and plenty of room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Dawn

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10108

Stateroom Category – balcony

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – mostly. Walls are a bit thinner than on other ships, and the elderly couple next door spoke loudly and kept the tv volume up late at night .

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes, with 10110

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – excellent views

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? - bed was on the left, closer to the bathroom, with a small couch closer to the balcony. The couch is very small and the room in general felt much smaller than balcony rooms we have been in on other ships. Connecting room is on the right - 10110. Its bed is on the right and also closer to the bathroom. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ship:  Escape

Deck:  9

Stateroom:  9316 & 9312

Balcony

Port side

Both were very quiet.  Some engine vibration when full steam ahead returning from Bermuda, but not irritating or loud.  Could hear some tables being set when balcony door open after Cagney's closed.  Not a bother and very short lived.

Stateroom does connect with 9314

9316 is all the way at the end of the hall and 9312, two doors over.  

9316 had a fantastic large balcony (17.5 feet by 5 feet) that tucks under an overhang.  Had 2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs.  9312 standard with 2 chairs.  No obstructions.  Metal roof for Cagney's outdoor dining directly below us.

Bathrooms as shown in multiple videos.  Very good amount of storage on various shelves.  Shower, single sink, toilet.

No soot at all.  Not terribly windy.

Absolutely loved the location of this cabin.  Close to deck 7 for most restaurants.  Quiet.  Huge balcony on 9316.  Bed closer to patio door in 9316/9314 and bed closer to entrance in 9312.  

Made note of location of beds/sofas as I could see into rooms while being cleaned.

9286 bed by entrance door

9316 bed by patio door

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 16

Stateroom # - 16700

Stateroom Category – Haven Owners Suite

Quiet Stateroom? –  No noise from the decks below or above us.  Unfortunately with the expansiveness of the balconies in this area of ship, we ended up hearing the arguments and struggles of the families on either side of us.   To make matters worst,

we had the family from hell in the Haven Deluxe Owners Suite next to us.   Yes, we knew going in that the wall between our cabins was just a partition to allow the two cabins to be one.   Yes, we read reviews for sister Stateroom 16100, but we

were not expecting to hear full blown arguments with physical threats being made nor hear the loud screeching views

of their 3 to 5 year olds who apparently have never been told to speak softly when in the midst of others.  Typically example of their unruliness, when given the cabin binoculars to look at the sea, it did not work and he through it across the balcony screaming it does not work at 6AM one morning.   While we have had connecting room cabins before, the connection was just through a door, we never had the noise problems we experienced on this cruise.   

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Not usually but can be if the partition is folded up.

Balcony View -  Basically the exact view of as the Bridge Cam that broadcast on the ship at all times on Channel 21.   Forward facing.           

Balcony Size?   - Huge balcony.  Had 3 lounger, two sitting chairs and a full size table.  Since we did not need all 3 loungers, 

we asked to one to be removed and replaced with the sitting chairs to offer just a bit more walking space.

Was wind a problem? - Not really.   Particularly when one was sitting down or laying on the loungers, the wind was not noticeable at all.   The balcony glass wall fully encloses the lower portions of the balcony.    However, be aware when their is a chance of strong winds during the overnight sailings, the crew will  bound the balcony furniture together making it unusable.

We were sailing during Hurricane Dorian and lost access to the balcony furniture 4 of the nine nights of our 7 night cruise.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Even though the Breakaway was refurbished in 2018, it does have some wore and tear.  The handles on the two outside sliding doors looked dirty, but the steward demonstrated that it was ingrown dirt from over the years.   The handles would have to be replaced but it looks like they were welded to the doors.    There was a slight crack in the master bathroom tile.   Soap scum stains (but  absolutely no soap scum) were seen on the back of the master bath room plastic shower fixture.   Wish they had more than just a curtain between the master bedroom and the closet and master bath.   Privacy was almost as non-existent as one sailing on the Epic.  At least there was a regular door to the second bathroom and of course there was glass doors to the toilet and shower but you could still hear through that glass.

Any other comments? -

Comfortable and spacious cabin as expected.   Really worth considering, particularly when there is a lesser risk of having the ship hoarding tons of kids in all categories.

The living room sofa bed pulled out to make a queen bed but the mattress was springy  with a foam egg carton top (as requested).   While comfortable for kids and smaller adults it was not as comfortable as the Cal King bed in the master bedroom.   Definitely not in the category as the type of bed to have romantic relations but perhaps that was NCL's inten for a living room bed likely to have kids sleeping on it.

Ship -Gem

Deck -8

Stateroom # -8602

Stateroom Category –Obstructed Oceanview

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –mostly the room was quiet. In the evening there was a beeping noise that I could not figure where it was coming from. I could hear the family next door talking if we did not have the TV on.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Only a window

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -NA

Was wind a problem? -NA

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? -This was a handicapped room, but the door was not automatic and it was difficult to get the wheelchair into  and out of the room.

Any other comments? - It was an awesome location. Right by the aft elevator  or a short walk down the hall way to O'Sheehan's. The hallway was never crowded and only once did I hear anyone in the hallway. Being so close to O'Sheehan's it was easy to get a drink to take back to the room. The window was blocked on the bottom half but I could still see the sunsets!

IMG_6956.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

Ship - Joy

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12360

Stateroom Category – Aft Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - neither

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Perfect Aft balcony view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Deeper than most. I joked that our room steward could put a lounger out there for us!

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? - I found the closet was hard to access. There is not much room between it and the sofa.

Any other comments? - This is one of the rooms with the bed by the balcony.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

Norwegian Escape 2 Bedroom Suite Cabin 18110 - We loved everything about this suite and would book it again in a heartbeat! 

Cabin is beautiful!!!  How was it being in the front of the ship? Was there a lot of motion? Out of 11 cruises, 2 had cabins in the front of the ship and I was sick both times.  Unfortunately, this has made me weary of booking a Haven room.

14 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

Cabin is beautiful!!!  How was it being in the front of the ship? Was there a lot of motion? Out of 11 cruises, 2 had cabins in the front of the ship and I was sick both times.  Unfortunately, this has made me weary of booking a Haven room.

That's a hard question for me to answer since motion doesn't bother me or my husband.

I will say coming back from Bermuda there definitely was quite a bit of motion but that's only because we were following Hurricane Dorian up the coast back to NY from Bermuda.  But on the way to Bermuda it was totally fine. 

• Like 1

Ship - Joy

Deck - 17

Stateroom # - 17130

Stateroom Category – H5

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, no problems.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Wonderful view! No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Deck 17 balconies are larger than 18, almost double.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - This is an HC configuration, which can make showering a challenge. Be sure to tell the steward and they will bring extra towels. Arrange them next to the drains, being sure not to cover them. This way the water mostly goes down the drain and the overage gets sopped up instead of flooding the bathroom. Once we got the knack it was fine.

Any other comments? - This was an HC stateroom and the adjustments really helped me. The door opens inward automatically, giving easy access. The closet has a handle to bring the rack down to a better level. I feel very safe with the grab bars throughout the bathroom. Great photos here.

Ship - Bliss - Joy - Escape - Encore

Deck - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12

Stateroom # - 9700  (or 10700, 11700, 12700, 13700 same thing)

Stateroom Category – OA

Starboard or Port Side - neither - right in front, dead center

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes very quiet

No Balcony Large forward facing window

Any other comments? - This cabin sells as a regular outside cabin, but it is ENORMOUS (350 sq. feet approx). The room is huge, the bathroom is huge, storage space is huge. Bathroom with double sinks, tub and shower combo. As the cabin is far forward on the ship, you will have to walk to get pretty much anywhere.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/norwegian-joy-731/member-3/154677/

• Like 3

Ship - Joy

Deck - 14 

Stateroom # - 14136

Stateroom Category – Concierge (CA)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

It was quiet.  There are two crew doors near the room so a few door slamming noises from the hall but nothing that was problematic.  The Observation lounge is above and I was impressed with how well we were protected from that considering how busy it is all day.  I think I heard a loud stomper once or twice but that was it but might have been just general boat noises.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -

no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Amazing balcony view - extra large and easy to move around.  

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - I think oversized

Was wind a problem? - there was wind when the ship was moving fast but otherwise not to bad.  

No it was great.

Any other comments? -

I think Concierge is a weird name for this class of cabins.  I never saw or spoke with the concierge but he did send some treats on the first and last day.  The additional perks that I noticed were getting on the boat first and special a disembarkment area, extra large room, closet and balcony and breakfast and lunch at La Cucina (a nice slower pace option to free dinning).  

This room is next to an open or blank area on the deck plan.  From what I can tell it is a crew area and I think that there is a cabin on the other side of this room that I an officer must use.  In any case beside the door to that area closing loudly on an occasion it wasn't noisy.  I was little concerned about that space when booking but it was not an issue at all.   

Overall was a great space and the extras that came with it were nice and I would very much recommend it.  

Edited by saltygoat
  • Like 1

Ship -Bliss

Deck - 8

Stateroom # -  8114

Stateroom Category –  Mini Suite

Starboard or Port Side -  Port Side

Quiet Stateroom?  –  Yes

Balcony View -  'slotted' view which is like tunnel vision.  Because this suite has a large balcony, it is deep rather than wide and therefore the view is not panoramic.  Also, there are deep dividers, from the patio door to the railing and this is what gives you a 'slotted' view.  

Balcony Size:  Oversized for the class, had two chairs with a table plus two loungers

Was wind a problem? - Yes!  As the suite is at the front of the ship and the weather can get nasty anytime and especially towards the end of the season when heading to Alaska (our cruise), our balcony furniture was tossed around from divider to divider most nights.  We had to get up and turn it over but still, it slid across the balcony floor and kept us awake some nights.  

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Nice to be on Deck 8 but would rather be away from the front because of the wind whipping around the front of the ship and pretty much right onto our balcony!

Any other comments? - Deck 8 is a great deck to be on, but pick a cabin further back from the front.

Ship - Bliss  Alaska w/Glacier Bay visit

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10762

Stateroom Category - BC (mid)

Quiet Stateroom? Yes for the most part. Slamming doors or loud TV were heard occasionally

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? No.

Balcony View - Had a great view for the Alaska Glaciers we visited.

Balcony Size?  Standard

Was wind a problem? Yes. It can be fixed by making sure your door is latched/locked. We didn't figure that out until the next day after a very windy night of the door whistling.

Any specific problems with this cabin?   This cabin has no drawers, which made it hard to store underwear and socks.

The location is good - just a little bit off elevator lobby. I noticed up until noonish that the cleaning carts were in the hallway quite a bit on this floor so lots of weaving and having to defer to others trying to pass. I would feel bad for anyone that used a scooter or wheelchair to maneuver around this. This was a good room that I would book again.

Pictures below were taken right from our balcony.

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

Edited by duck_keeper
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Sun

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9033

Stateroom Category – BD/GTY

Starboard or Port Side - port side

Quiet Stateroom?– Yes.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? I think it was the regular size

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - only problem was the pull out couch - it was very hard but that's to be expected for a pull out couch for the most part. 

Any other comments? - I really liked the location of the room.  we were only a few doors around the corner from the elevators which made it very accessible. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Escape

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10794

Stateroom Category – MC

Starboard or Port Side - starboard side

Quiet Stateroom?  Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom?  Yes, but didn't use it and barely noticed the extra door.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.  No obstructions, but looking down, you see the overhang from the Waterfront on Deck 8.  Not really an issue, but you can't look straight down to see water.

Balcony Size?  Normal size for mini-suite.

Was wind a problem?  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?  N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin?  No problems, other than occasionally the toilet wouldn't flush.  Cabin steward said that it needed to build pressure.  Not sure if that was accurate, but it wasn't a real issue.

Any other comments?   Good location - close enough to the elevators for convenience, but far enough away to avoid noise 🙂  

Edited by DinaS

Ship - Encore

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15866

Stateroom Category – B9

Starboard or Port Side - starboard side

Quiet Stateroom?  Yes, only noise we heard was early in the morning we could hear setting up noises from upstairs in the spa. It wasn’t bothersome at all.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom?  No

Balcony View -  Excellent balcony. Even on our very very stormy and choppy transatlantic we were able to use the balcony every day. There is a large overhang, so protected from rain and wind from above. It is an angled balcony facing towards the back of the ship, so even in high winds at full speed, when the outer decks were closed and walking was difficult due to waves and wind, there was minimal breeze on the balcony. 

Balcony Size?  Larger angled balcony

Was wind a problem?  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?  Only one day did we notice any soot, it seemed to get trapped under the overhang on our only calm day at sea, with high speeds to make up for lost travel time due to the storms

Any specific problems with this cabin?  The only issues we had were a whistle sound from inside the bathroom that was only apparent when the bathroom door was ajar. Closing the door made it way less audible. second issue was an enormous rattle the 2nd to last night that required staff go into the ceiling outside our cabin at nearly midnight to fix. We got immediate response from guest services and was fixed in a few hours. Not sure what it was, but with the storms, likely something knocked loose.

Any other comments?   Great location. Just a quick jaunt upstairs to the spa right overhead. A lovely walk to the bar/observation lounge for snacks, coffee, drinks. Close to elevators. We were next to the 3 Haven spa suites and not sure if this is the norm, but our steward we shared only with those 3 haven rooms. So while we didn’t have the butler or the haven, our steward was always available and TOP NOTCH, and he only had the 4 staterooms to service. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Norwegian Bliss

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11862

Stateroom Category – BA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, although I think the neighbors heard my TV

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view.  No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Seemed small to me, only room for two chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No. Reminds me of a Motel 6 or Ibis hotel, lots of laminate and no drawers, only shelves. 

Any other comments? - There are no outlets/chargers at the bed, only at the desk.  The minifridge can hold small plates from the buffet. You can ask your steward to clean out the minibar items at the beginning of the cruise.