Even at lunch and dinner?

Honestly, who cares what other people are doing at another table? That goes for what people are wearing, eating or tipping. Its no one else's business. If it doesn't affect me, I don't care. :confused:

I often dine alone gor lunch on a cruise, and occassipnally by myself for dinner on land ;-)

My nook reader is much better company then many others, and a great way to unwind and relax with my meal. Does it offend you?:p

I often dine alone gor lunch on a cruise, and occassipnally by myself for dinner on land ;-)

My nook reader is much better company then many others, and a great way to unwind and relax with my meal. Does it offend you?:p

I do the same...........

I think the OP many not have realized that most people don't bring along a book anymore, they bring along an e-reader or tablet to read from. This is no more strange than seeing a person alone for lunch with a paper back. You're just having trouble adjusting to the tech shift. That's your issue, not theirs.

Being too "tech attached" drives me crazy! Oh, well...that's the age we live in!

I'm not "tech attached" necessarily but I do like to read quite a bit and carrying one iPad with several books downloaded is much easier than three physical books, paper or hardback, for example.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Have you noticed more and more people with their ipads/ipad minis etc at the table while eating lunch? Even saw it at dinner recently.

Just curious, were they the formal iPads, or just the smart casual ones?

Honestly, who cares what other people are doing at another table? That goes for what people are wearing, eating or tipping. Its no one else's business. If it doesn't affect me, I don't care. :confused:

I agree 100% with this! Too many people in today's world are the "______" (fill in fashion, iPad, cell phone, etc.) police. As long as you are not being affected why should you care if someone else is doing something you don't approve of?

Have you noticed more and more people with their ipads/ipad minis etc at the table while eating lunch? Even saw it at dinner recently.

Sure, why not. Maybe you saw us. We were probably looking at photos of our fantastic day, or perhaps we were checking on info for our next day plans, or maybe we were checking on a family member back home.

We are most often seated at a table for two at dinner, so see no reason why we can't look at our phone, iPad or camera.

M

If I was sharing a table with them- and we had both requested a shared table - then I would consider it rude. However, if they were not at my table, I wouldn't consider it to be any of my business at all! In fact, I probably wouldn't even notice it. It's just like reading a book. Lots of people do it and it doesn't affect me in any way.

So far I have only seen it with kids. I understand your sentiment, but I haven't noticed it on cruises yet. I have seen, people rushing into port to find wifi, and I am slightly amused by it as I work in IT, and cruise week is unplug week for me. But I travel occasionally with a friend who owns a profitable internet business so I understand his need.