Thoughs on this cruise?

Ship Name: Sun Princess Cruise Code: S603 Departure Date: Friday, 8 January 2016 Cruise Name: Asia & South Africa Nights: 46 Departing: Fremantle (Perth)

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE **DEPART

Fri Jan 8 Perth (Fremantle), Australia 5:00pm

Sat Jan 9 At Sea

Sun Jan 10 At Sea

Mon Jan 11 At Sea

Tue Jan 12 At Sea

Wed Jan 13 At Sea

Thu Jan 14 Singapore 9:00am 11:00pm

Fri Jan 15 At Sea

Sat Jan 16 Phuket, Thailand 8:00am 6:00pm

Sun Jan 17 At Sea

Mon Jan 18 At Sea

Tue Jan 19 Chennai (Madras), India 8:00am 6:00pm

Wed Jan 20 At Sea

Thu Jan 21 Colombo, Sri Lanka 7:00am 8:00pm

Fri Jan 22 At Sea

Sat Jan 23 Male, Maldives 7:00am 6:00pm

Sun Jan 24 At Sea

Mon Jan 25 At Sea

Tue Jan 26 At Sea

Wed Jan 27 Victoria, Seychelles 7:00am 5:00pm

Thu Jan 28 At Sea

Fri Jan 29 At Sea

Sat Jan 30 At Sea

Sun Jan 31 Maputo, Mozambique 8:00am 6:00pm

Mon Feb 1 Richards Bay, South Africa 10:00am 7:00pm

Tue Feb 2 At Sea

Wed Feb 3 At Sea

Thu Feb 4 Cape Town, South Africa 8:00am

Fri Feb 5 Cape Town, South Africa

Sat Feb 6 Cape Town, South Africa 5:00pm

Sun Feb 7 At Sea

Mon Feb 8 Port Elizabeth, South Africa 8:00am 8:00pm

Tue Feb 9 At Sea

Wed Feb 10 Durban, South Africa 7:00am 5:00pm

Thu Feb 11 At Sea

Fri Feb 12 At Sea

Sat Feb 13 At Sea

Sun Feb 14 Pointe des Galets, Reunion Island 7:00am 6:00pm

Mon Feb 15 Mauritius (Port Louis) 7:00am 6:00pm

Tue Feb 16 At Sea

Wed Feb 17 At Sea

Thu Feb 18 At Sea

Fri Feb 19 At Sea

Sat Feb 20 At Sea

Sun Feb 21 At Sea

Mon Feb 22 At Sea

Tue Feb 23 Perth (Fremantle), Australia 7:00am

Whats your thoughts about this cruise. I am considering it. However, I wanted to hear from others what they thought the pros and cons are about it. It keeps drawing me back to it. But it is $$$

Edited by icat2000

This one caught my eye too. But I understand your hesitation at booking with a starting price of nearly $8000 on one site. To me the only down side is the price and the time people would need off work.

But on the plus side is an unusual cruise, round trip from Australia. Some people seem to be sick of the round trips out to the islands and want new ports of calls well this certainly delivers.

How many times are you going to go on a cruise that calls in at Port Louis, Pointe Des Galets, Port Elizabeth, Richards Bay or Maputo? Even the Seychelles I don't see very often for the mass cruise lines as a Port of call.

How good is three days in Cape Town? After travelling such a long way and a chance you may never come back you should get to see a fair bit around Cape Town. I have heard it is a very scenic place.

I think it's a wonderful cruise and good on Princess for offering a different round trip from Australia.:)

Karryl

Yeap. Its pricey. Solo $12,978.00 for 46 nights cheapest inside. So $282 per night for inside cabin.

Lots of sea days but that is understandable given its covering so much ocean.

I know that site has only $100 to secure cabin with early payment over six months before sail date. The annoying thing is I have no FCC and I don't cruise on Princess until January. I think the deposit amount for normal payment is around $1200.

Yeap. Its pricey. Solo $12,978.00 for 46 nights cheapest inside. So $282 per night for inside cabin.

Lots of sea days but that is understandable given its covering so much ocean.

I know that site has only $100 to secure cabin with early payment over six months before sail date. The annoying thing is I have no FCC and I don't cruise on Princess until January. I think the deposit amount for normal payment is around $1200.

Sarah it would be a nice cruise and going by the princess book 26-59 days the deposit is $1500 but i would wait until you cruise in january with princess and get a couple of FCD, have some spares

they have a roll call going for that cruise

We were booked on this cruise the last time it was offered (2-3 years ago) and had to cancel at the last minute. We were very disappointed. As it turned out, we were actually in Fremantle at the time they departed and watched them sailaway!!!

This itinerary sounds terrific, although it is an expensive price. And even more so for a single Sarah, but there are not many cruises go to this part of the world without having to fly there or fly home, so it is very convenient.

From memory, I am pretty sure the cruise filled up quickly last time.

Maybe someone who was on the cruise last time will see your post and reply. I know windsor26 cruised on the last time it was offered.....perhaps sound them (Yvonne and Colin) out and get their thoughts on it. They are contactable on yafm11 at tpg.com.au

If I could, I would do it in a heartbeat!!....great itinerary with lots of sea days.

Edited by Fletch1

Sounds like a great trip. If you can take it or leave it you might as well wait until you get on board and see about a reduced deposit. It probably will not come down, but it might be worth seeing if a sale comes along? There are so many trips, and like you say, maybe the next year they will do something similar. They seem to be changing the journeys up a bit on all the lines, so something even tastier might come along!

Thanks guys for all the responses. Going to wait and see at least until I get a fcc. When do they normally release the schedule for future cruising.

I think my preference is to do something in 2017.

Thanks guys for all the responses. Going to wait and see at least until I get a fcc. When do they normally release the schedule for future cruising.

I think my preference is to do something in 2017.

Sarah going by the princess site the cheapest cabin for a solo is $15,378 in an oceanview obstructed

this cruise has not been done for a few years so if you dont do this one the next one may not be till 2018-19....maybe

that place that has the $100 deposit is $700 cheaper

We did this cruise the last time. I think it was three years ago. We felt it was a great itinerary.

We were interested on the previous occasion (2 years earlier) but for family reasons didn't book. I remember the 'from' price for inside twin share was $4,999 on that earlier occasion, so I had that as a benchmark. When the cruise was offered again, I waited for the price to come down. This was the first cruise after tips were removed. We booked about 3 months before the cruise and paid around $5,250 pp twin share inside (taking into account an OBC from the TA).

If you book now, keep watching the price and it might come down. Check out the last date you can cancel and re-book without penalty.

Sarah going by the princess site the cheapest cabin for a solo is $15,378 in an oceanview obstructed

this cruise has not been done for a few years so if you dont do this one the next one may not be till 2018-19....maybe

that place that has the $100 deposit is $700 cheaper

Its too much for me at the oceanview price. Well that settles that. I just have wait and watch or hope they offer it again in 2017.

Not on the any of the Australian based Princess ships...pity though good itinerary.

Sue

Hi Sue and Lizzy77 can you share your thoughts on why you wouldn't do this on Sun Princess? Have you been on her since refurb?? We've never been on a Princess ship so very interested in your thoughts, thanks Wendy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Sue and Lizzy77 can you share your thoughts on why you wouldn't do this on Sun Princess? Have you been on her since refurb?? We've never been on a Princess ship so very interested in your thoughts, thanks Wendy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is just my personal opinion, but there is no way I would cruise on a princess Aus ship. Been on Dawn, a sister ship and both times our cabin got flooded. These ships just don't have the space we like for longer cruises. And for a longer ship with lots of sea days the layout is very important. They definitely lack in so many areas compared to more modern ships. If you want a great ship, try any of the American based ships. We just get the Princess left overs. We loved the Star Princess, Diamond Princess and Celebrity Solstice leaves them all far behind.

I think it down to personal opinion :) (And everyone has a opinion on the ships and cruise lines people like ;) :))

I have been on the Sun Princess twice now (once before and once after her refurb), and I would not mind going on her again.

I have also spent 40 days on the Sea Princess and did not find anything wrong with her :)

This is just my personal opinion, but there is no way I would cruise on a princess Aus ship. Been on Dawn, a sister ship and both times our cabin got flooded. These ships just don't have the space we like for longer cruises. And for a longer ship with lots of sea days the layout is very important. They definitely lack in so many areas compared to more modern ships. If you want a great ship, try any of the American based ships. We just get the Princess left overs. We loved the Star Princess, Diamond Princess and Celebrity Solstice leaves them all far behind.

These are my favourite ships for each line respectively as well.:D