Lattitude members

Gershep

It changed in the last year roughly. As a result, we didn't buy anything on the last trip.

Also, watch your prices. On our last two trips sailing out of NY on the Spirit and BA they marked up items in the perfume shop the last day.

It's the one time only clause that gets me. You're basically forced to figure out exactly what types of souvenirs you might want and check out once. Poor planning (or forgetfulness, or any other reason) results in loss of discount. Kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

Not that anyone asked my opinion, of course! :p

It's the one time only clause that gets me. You're basically forced to figure out exactly what types of souvenirs you might want and check out once. Poor planning (or forgetfulness, or any other reason) results in loss of discount. Kind of ridiculous in my opinion.

Not that anyone asked my opinion, of course! :p

And that is exactly why I didn't bother to buy anything last trip!

From NCL website -

Latitudes Rewards Membership Benefits:

Onboard Discounts:

• 10% discount at Duty-Free Shop on all Norwegian Logo merchandise, good for one purchase only. Cannot be combined with another additional discount or coupon. On Pride of America only, 10% discount on any item excluding sale items, alcohol, tobacco and onboard entertainer products (including their CDs and DVDs);

• Free work of art for attending art auction;

• 30 free minutes with 250-minute internet package purchase;

• 15 free minutes with 100-minute internet package purchase. Latitudes Rewards guests aboard Norwegian Breakaway will receive 20 free MB’s with 1,000 MB internet package; 10 free MB’s with 300 MB internet package.*

*Latitudes Rewards Internet benefits cannot be combined with other Internet promotional offers.

I think there is also a discount in the photo gallery - or is that only for Platinum members? I'm terrible about checking my receipts. We've been Platinum for quite awhile and I don't pay enough attention to know if we've received the discounts or not.

I didn't know about the change. The discount was a nice perk.

Really! When your over paying for everything to begin with.

There is also NO discount on liquor or cigs. Except if they run a liquor sale first night to grab business before folks realize it's cheaper in the ports.

I think there is also a discount in the photo gallery - or is that only for Platinum members? I'm terrible about checking my receipts. We've been Platinum for quite awhile and I don't pay enough attention to know if we've received the discounts or not.

Discount on Photos: 15% Silver members, 20% Gold members, 25% Platinum members (Not available on photo packages)

Edited by calex

We were on the Gem in May, and were told that the discount only applied to NCL products. We've usually bought something in the gift shop, but while this new policy is in effect, our Platinum discount won't be of use to us. It IS a bummer!:( Think it's a policy change by whatever company is handling their gift shop, perfume shop, etc. If sales go down, maybe they will rethink it. [One can hope.]

:confused: I got the discount on 2 separate purchases a few weeks ago. I used my card both times. Maybe I just got lucky?

Maybe. Kind of like the time we bought liquor and the new employee gave us the bottle to take back to the cabin, lol.