Noise from interconnecting cabin door.

We have booked a Grand Suite on Rhapsody of the Seas (8005) which has a interconnecting door to an Owners Suite. Have not experienced a interconnecting door on any previous cruises. I was wondering how much noise is transferred from adjoining cabin and if so are there an remedies.:confused:

Can't say about doors between suites but in adjoining staterooms you do get a little noise.You can normally tell when someone is in the adjacent cabin with connecting doors but not what they are saying or tv noise etc.

I suspect that noise won't be an issue in your case as the interconnecting door probably won't be between the noisier parts of the room.

A towel at the bottom of the door normally muffles sound a bit.:)

I think the noise transmission is highly dependent on your neighbors. We've had two cruises with connecting staterooms. One we could hear nothing from next door, the other we heard loud TV and loud talking at times.

We were in 8004 OS on Rhapsody 2 weeks ago and didn't hear anything from 8005. We did have the bingo winner move in next door (I really hate that "prize" for several reasons) and we did hear them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by lisa010

We have had connecting staterooms a couple of times and have not had a noise issue with that. There are two doors in place - one in each stateroom - so it is a pretty good barrier. BTW both doors have to be unlocked from each stateroom by the stateroom attendant to gain access between the rooms so they can't be accidentally opened by each stateroom passengers.

when I was on the Liberty in 2011 we had a connecting cabin and you could hear alot. We could hear them fight and make up if you know what I mean. This was my dw first cruise and she said never again, but that is just us. I am sure it all depends on who your next door too

when I was on the Liberty in 2011 we had a connecting cabin and you could hear alot. We could hear them fight and make up if you know what I mean. This was my dw first cruise and she said never again, but that is just us. I am sure it all depends on who your next door too

True, and we also prefer non-connecting rooms - but (based on category) more for keeping the love seat v a chair. But there can be noisy neighbors anywhere with any stateroom category.

We were just on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and had a stateroom with a connecting door and never heard them - and they had 2 children under the age of 10. The only time we heard them was when we both had our balcony doors open.

Like always - I think it depends on the neighbors. If you have loud neighbors you can hear them connecting door or not.

We on the Oasis in Nov/Dec Cabin 14313 which has connecting doors. Can someone verify that we have a couch and not the chair. Also how about noise from adjoining room. Thanks for any information you can give me.

How can anyone tell you about noise from an adjoining cabin when the cruise has not happened nor do we even know if the cabin will have passengers.

We have had connecting staterooms a couple of times and have not had a noise issue with that. There are two doors in place - one in each stateroom - so it is a pretty good barrier. BTW both doors have to be unlocked from each stateroom by the stateroom attendant to gain access between the rooms so they can't be accidentally opened by each stateroom passengers.

Interesting. We've had connecting staterooms and they were just one door (on Freedom and Allure, and on Disney Magic). It seems like if it was 2 doors, it would not have to be unlocked by the attendant (just like in connecting hotel rooms), since neither room could open the other room's door.

Edited by time4u2go

How can anyone tell you about noise from an adjoining cabin when the cruise has not happened nor do we even know if the cabin will have passengers.

I'm sure some one out there has sailed in that cabin before that might remember if they could hear noise from the other room or not.

And yes I know that I haven't sailed that cruise yet.

• 1 month later...
We have booked a Grand Suite on Rhapsody of the Seas (8005) which has a interconnecting door to an Owners Suite. Have not experienced a interconnecting door on any previous cruises. I was wondering how much noise is transferred from adjoining cabin and if so are there an remedies.:confused:

In October of this year we will be in cabin 8004 which is the adjoining one to you. If we're on the same cruise, I'll promise to be quiet if you do the same. :)

As I have shared before - we had a connecting cabin . . . . with a hard of hearing man, that yelled, was mean and grouchy, and the TV was turned on LOUD! We could hear everything. We requested a move - and after checking with our room attendant - we were moved. Thank Goodness! I will NEVER book a connecting cabin again. Not willing to take that chance. There is not always an open cabin available . . .

We had connecting rooms on Enchantment a few weeks ago (one for us, one for the kids). There was definitely only a single door between the cabins.

We had connecting rooms in an Oasis balcony in May. Never again. We were woken up at night by loud talking, we could hear how unhappy they were about their bill, how much they spent on drinks, etc. I felt like their voices were amplified by the connecting doors. it was miserable.