WOW - as of 7/1/14 BOGOHO is over - prices changed !!!

Many have speculated on the price changes coming after the June 2014 "Buy One Get One Half Off" (BOGOHO) sale.

We just checked our cabin class for the same cruise in 2015...the price jumped $288 per person...$576 overall (since yesterday). :eek:

WOW indeed!

Our prices jumped too, way higher. For example, a JS on Enchantment went from $749 to $999. Another date on the same ship went from $651 to $869. I'm guessing that these prices will come down, because they seem way out of line with what is usual for those dates.

Our prices jumped too, way higher. For example, a JS on Enchantment went from $749 to $999. Another date on the same ship went from $651 to $869. I'm guessing that these prices will come down, because they seem way out of line with what is usual for those dates.

Hopefully so...especially for those who have not booked yet.

In checking 2 other cruises we have been following...both also jumped similar percentages.

We'll see what the next few weeks bring in terms of changes or new "sales".

Hopefully so...especially for those who have not booked yet.

In checking 2 other cruises we have been following...both also jumped similar percentages.

We'll see what the next few weeks bring in terms of changes or new "sales".

For the two cruises I checked, it seems like all they did was remove the BOGOHO. These were two cruises whose prices were raised just prior to the BOGOHO, such that the BOGOHO did not lower their prices. I'm guessing that they will adjust to pre-BOGOHO pricing soon.

I still see the BOGOHO pricing when I do dummy bookings on my 2015-2016 cruises. I expect (like everything else IT does) it will take them a day or two to reset the system and reload the new pricing metrics.

I still see the BOGOHO pricing when I do dummy bookings on my 2015-2016 cruises. I expect (like everything else IT does) it will take them a day or two to reset the system and reload the new pricing metrics.

I believe the BOGOHO expired on the 2014 cruises only. The 2015/2016 BOGOHO extends until July 15.

For the two cruises I checked, it seems like all they did was remove the BOGOHO. These were two cruises whose prices were raised just prior to the BOGOHO, such that the BOGOHO did not lower their prices. I'm guessing that they will adjust to pre-BOGOHO pricing soon.

I believe you are 100% correct.

My cruise on November 29th on Oasis they want $1688pp for a B2 boardwalk balcony.

We paid that for 2 people total with taxes and fees.

That's insane!

Bill

Yikes!! You are right - the BOGOHO prices were showing earlier this morning for 2014 but I just looked at the 5 night Oasis on 10/27/14 and it is $1034 for the least expensive INSIDE cabin:eek::eek: And that is before taxes

Edited by molly361

UPDATE:

In checking our 2015 cruise...the price was as reported in Post #1 at 7am, 8am, and 10am this morning.

We just checked at 11am..and they appear to have updated it - back to the original BOGOHO sale price in effect yesterday - basically dropping what was seen earlier today to the lower pricing for the past month.

This would seem to indicate somebody "caught" the issue and they corrected it. As Bob indicated above..the 2015/2016 BOGOHO sales ends 7/15.

For 2 others we have been following for 2014 however...the huge jump in prices did "kick in" as of today.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I believe the BOGOHO expired on the 2014 cruises only. The 2015/2016 BOGOHO extends until July 15.

Thanks, Bob. I didn't look at any of our remaining 2014 cruises since they were all way up in price for that version of the BOGO. Our NYE cruise jumped more than $1100/pp after they put it on sale, and our October cruise jumped almost $400/pp during the sale. Those two would have to fall through the floor to make them cheaper than what we booked for before the sale.

I guess we were one of the few who got a deal when the BOGOHO went into effect. I caught the BOGOHO announcement shortly after it came out and got half off the rate that I had booked. Saved over $400. When I checked it again a couple days later the "base" price for that category had gone up almost that much. Sometimes being a control freak and checking prices several times a day pays off!

More good work by the IT department:)

I guess we were one of the few who got a deal when the BOGOHO went into effect. I caught the BOGOHO announcement shortly after it came out and got half off the rate that I had booked. Saved over $400. When I checked it again a couple days later the "base" price for that category had gone up almost that much. Sometimes being a control freak and checking prices several times a day pays off!

How true:)

I was on CC on April 30, when the heads up on the sale was posted. I was on the phone with C&A as soon as the office opened on the 1st, and re-priced three cruises and booked two more. The prices have floated up ever since. Being a control freak and also being addicted to CC helps a lot:D

The prices I mentioned ealier for the Enchantment cruises this October are still unusually high. I guess they haven't got round to fixing those yet.

Edited by clarea

The prices I mentioned ealier for the Enchantment cruises this October are still unusually high. I guess they haven't got round to fixing those yet.

Could be...since its the end of the 2014 BOGOHO and also the start of a new month (not to mention right before traditional July 4th weekend "deals"...I suspect all sorts of "updates" are being processed today on their system.

I've seen our 2015 price go up and back down...and just a couple of minutes ago saw a 2014 cruise price go back to pricing pre-BOGOHO and then jump up.

Today is a roller-coaster ride on pricing it appears...

I was checking our August Allure cruise yesterday to see what the end of the sales would bring and the price for an inside was down to $799pp but a couple hours later it jumped to the current price of $1200pp. Wow. Glad we booked when we did and were able to take advantage of the police discount. Because of that discount we do not expect to see the prices drop below what we paid or get close enough that we would pay for an upgrade but I still...can't...stop...checking...:o "Hi, my name is Mandy and I'm a price checking addict."

Reservation Number: XXXXXXX Purchased on 25-Jun-2014

Ship Name: Freedom Of The Seas

Departure Port: Port Canaveral, Florida

2015 Sailing Date: 29 Nov

Stateroom: Promenade Stateroom No. 7609, View Deck Seven **

Total Price*: $47,406.51 USD

RCL IT dept. at it again.

Looks like you are buying into a cruise ship time share :D

A bit high, but it does include shampoo:D

Think of all the points you will get on the RCI Visa card!;)

I agree they are high!

I'm booked on B2B Vision for October, but looked at switching to Enchantment B2B2B and its crazy high right now!

I'm starting to get scared about the Vision with all these crazy stories I've been reading.

Michael