WOW - as of 7/1/14 BOGOHO is over - prices changed !!!

I agree they are high!

I'm booked on B2B Vision for October, but looked at switching to Enchantment B2B2B and its crazy high right now!

I'm starting to get scared about the Vision with all these crazy stories I've been reading.

Michael

Not worried about the Vision stories. I suspect that there's a higher motivation to post negative stories.

Reservation Number: XXXXXXX Purchased on 25-Jun-2014

Ship Name: Freedom Of The Seas

Departure Port: Port Canaveral, Florida

2015 Sailing Date: 29 Nov

Stateroom: Promenade Stateroom No. 7609, View Deck Seven **

Total Price*: $47,406.51 USD

RCL IT dept. at it again.

And that is the BOGOHO price:eek:

Sometimes it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. We're booked on Oasis this November in a GS for just about $2,000 per person thanks to an incredible resident discount. The current price without a resident discount is $5,149 per person, and although the special Texas resident rate is still available, it's been greatly reduced and if we were booking today we would have to pay $3,211 each...that would put a suite on Oasis out of reach (especially for my husband!:p)

We also did very well getting in at the beginning of the BOGOHO sale. We repriced a cruise we had booked a long time ago for the Serenade, and brought our GS down to $1,379/person. Then we booked the Liberty for December 2015, also in a GS for $1,574 per person. All those numbers are before our balcony discount, and we got an additional chunk off Oasis as an FCC from the corporate office in response to a couple issues on our April cruise. What it means is I'm feeling pretty good about the prices I'm paying for all three of these cruises.:D

Edited by Cindy
Change font size

I've found that if one was able to take advantage of the BOGHO sale in the very first fews days of the month of May, you most likely scored some very good pricing. Looking at the three cruises we have booked, we were able to re-price the D1 balcony on a 9/14 Med Cruise. Currently the price has increased $1210 pp. We also booked a JS on a 10/15 Eastern Carribean Cruise and the rate has increased $553 pp. And finally, our booking of a JS on a 2/16 Western Carribean Cruise is up $198 ea. I think this last one has room to eventually drop. I watch it often.

I've found that if one was able to take advantage of the BOGHO sale in the very first fews days of the month of May, you most likely scored some very good pricing. Looking at the three cruises we have booked, we were able to re-price the D1 balcony on a 9/14 Med Cruise. Currently the price has increased $1210 pp. We also booked a JS on a 10/15 Eastern Carribean Cruise and the rate has increased $553 pp. And finally, our booking of a JS on a 2/16 Western Carribean Cruise is up $198 ea. I think this last one has room to eventually drop. I watch it often.

Exactly, getting in on this sale on the first day or two made a huge difference. As you (and Cindy a few posts ago) pointed out, the savings were definitely there for the taking, albeit for a very short time. I had two previous cruises that I was able to get reduced by a large amount, then booked a third cruise, an OS cabin on the Oasis for $2249 per person. It's back up to around $2750 now for that same cabin type.

I tend to check at least once a day for any price drops, as they can disappear rather quickly.

I find it a little ridiculous myself. I just do not have the time to check the price 6 times a day, nor will I "overpay" because other people do this.

When I looked at the big "sale" the prices were right where they normally are for the cruises I was interested in. It was a gigantic waste of time.

Also, I resent the fact that many of the week long cruises now only have three ports. This just leads to too many sea days and more money for the ship.

Finally, my last cruise was really rather mundane without any great service moments (save the Diamond lounge ) , we are looking at a all inclusive in the DR or Mexico for about the same amount of money. To me, much of the value is gone from cruising. I have been on many, many RCCL cruises but they may be losing their edge.

When I looked at the big "sale" the prices were right where they normally are for the cruises I was interested in. It was a gigantic waste of time.

As was mentioned before, if you had checked earlier in the sale you would have seen what many people were talking about. I saved a few thousand dollars so I don't consider it a waste of time. Perhaps you do, and to each their own.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Looking at the 9/14/2014 sailing on the allure.. Prices just increased by a few hundred..

Anybody think these prices will go back down?

I think what happened to 2014 prices today is a temporary situation. I'd be very surprised not to see most prices go down as soon as they account for the BOGOHO ending.

I find it a little ridiculous myself. I just do not have the time to check the price 6 times a day, nor will I "overpay" because other people do this.

Also, I resent the fact that many of the week long cruises now only have three ports. This just leads to too many sea days and more money for the ship.

Finally, my last cruise was really rather mundane without any great service moments (save the Diamond lounge ) , we are looking at a all inclusive in the DR or Mexico for about the same amount of money. To me, much of the value is gone from cruising. I have been on many, many RCCL cruises but they may be losing their edge.

I didn't think it was a waste of time, but as I said earlier I saved thousands of dollars by carefully choosing dates and taking advantage of a resident discount and the BOGOHO sale.

Sounds like you're tired of cruising in general, so maybe trying an all inclusive is a good idea. I know many people love them.

I got a great repricing deal on my October 2015 cruise during the first few days of the BOGOHO sale. I am kicking myself that I did not book another one or two also.

BOGOHO is still in force for 2015/2016 cruises. Maybe prices have gone up on a bunch of cruises, but there are still good prices out there. We just booked a Freedom cruise for 2016 that still had very good prices.

I just checked cruise prices. I am still pulling up the BOGO offer and the prices are still ridiculous. From my log in, the sale has not ended. The prices will go down. I will sit and wait patiently.

;)

Just checked the Dec 4 Explorer cruise. There were no Grand Suites available for the longest time, now there is one for $9715 for two people. Almost double what it was in January.

Looking at the 9/14/2014 sailing on the allure.. Prices just increased by a few hundred..

Anybody think these prices will go back down?

And they just went down since you posted this. Every category has gone down on that Sept 14 AL cruise except for cat. Z which is an interior guarantee.

There have been 10 price changes since Feb 26 for a JS and this price is the lowest. Although it's still too high for me. I don't pay over $2000pp for a 7 night Caribbean cruise on any ship. Most prices have been outrageous lately - since the BOGOHO. Sure there are a few deals, but most I've seen have sky rocketed.

There are too many pricing games by RCI going on for me right now and I have refused to play their game. I've booked nothing new. It will be normal last minute prices or nothing for us.

I did get one little price reduction on one future cruise with the BOGOHO but that cruise is under-booked and I will eventually cancel it, too. I took the reduction just in case, which almost 100% isn't going to happen.

Gina

And they just went down since you posted this. Every category has gone down on that Sept 14 AL cruise except for cat. Z which is an interior guarantee.

There have been 10 price changes since Feb 26 for a JS and this price is the lowest. Although it's still too high for me. I don't pay over $2000pp for a 7 night Caribbean cruise on any ship. Most prices have been outrageous lately - since the BOGOHO. Sure there are a few deals, but most I've seen have sky rocketed.

There are too many pricing games by RCI going on for me right now and I have refused to play their game. I've booked nothing new. It will be normal last minute prices or nothing for us.

I did get one little price reduction on one future cruise with the BOGOHO but that cruise is under-booked and I will eventually cancel it, too. I took the reduction just in case, which almost 100% isn't going to happen.

Gina

Yes, prices are all over the place, even since yesterday.

On the first day of the BOGOHO sale I was able to get a JS (aft corner cabin even!) for $572 per person for a 5-day Caribbean in September. I checked those prices today and they've more than doubled. Hopefully they will stabilize soon.

I still see the BOGOHO pricing when I do dummy bookings on my 2015-2016 cruises. I expect (like everything else IT does) it will take them a day or two to reset the system and reload the new pricing metrics.

I'm all for calling out Royal's IT but they have zero to do with pricing. Pricing on the website feeds from the internal reservation system which is set by Revenue. IT is uninvolved in that process.

Also, 2015-2016 BOGOHO sale is through 7/15/14

Wife and I booked a 7 night Eastern JS for Nov 2015 on Freedom the second day of the sale for $2200. Just checked the same yesterday and it was back up to about $3400......not a bad sale (for us).

Jeff