WOW - as of 7/1/14 BOGOHO is over - prices changed !!!

If it is a sale, then why are the prices changing?

A sale implies that they will sell the cabins at that price for a set period of time.

The cruise industry is not doing this.

If you were able to save a couple of thousand of dollars, then I am happy for you. Good job.

Does it not make more sense to retain the "sale price" for the set period of the sale and not jack it up once the excess inventory is gone. I feel they are taking advantage of us and most do not even see it.

It is not really a sale, if the prices are changing based on availability. It is a good old fashioned bait and switch promotion. Some get the "good deal" the rest are left to waste their time looking for this deal. I am angry that " I missed out" , yea, probably. That said,

it is sleazy and poor business practice but the sheeple on here will keep on doing what they do.

Why do they skip a port now on the 7 day cruise, I remember 4 or even 5 ports in the past.

Cheaper fares for sure and then they have you on the boat drinking 8 dollar pina colada's all day. Most people just do not see this stuff.

The quality of the food is down and the service is also.

I point this out because to continue to give them business only propagates it, I am trying to get the consumers to be a little more savvy and have the power back.

If you do not mind checking your computer 10x a day for the absolute best price, go ahead, I will choose to spend my time and money somewhere else.

If you do not mind 4 sea days in a week, go ahead.

If you do not mind, cheaper booze in the diamond lounge, tougher steak and less quality seafood, go ahead and keep paying.

A sale implies that they will sell the cabins at that price for a set period of time.

If you were able to save a couple of thousand of dollars, then I am happy for you. Good job.

Does it not make more sense to retain the "sale price" for the set period of the sale and not jack it up once the excess inventory is gone. I feel they are taking advantage of us and most do not even see it.

It is not really a sale, if the prices are changing based on availability. It is a good old fashioned bait and switch promotion. Some get the "good deal" the rest are left to waste their time looking for this deal. I am angry that " I missed out" , yea, probably. That said,

it is sleazy and poor business practice but the sheeple on here will keep on doing what they do.

Why do they skip a port now on the 7 day cruise, I remember 4 or even 5 ports in the past.

Cheaper fares for sure and then they have you on the boat drinking 8 dollar pina colada's all day. Most people just do not see this stuff.

I point this out because to continue to give them business only propagates it, I am trying to get the consumers to be a little more savvy and have the power back.

If you do not mind checking your computer 10x a day for the absolute best price, go ahead, I will choose to spend my time and money somewhere else.

If you do not mind, cheaper booze in the diamond lounge, tougher steak and less quality seafood, go ahead and keep paying.

I check the prices once or twice a month, not 10 times a day, unless I've just booked a new cruise and I'm following up on a potential price drop. Then it's worth it to check once a day for a few days. My TA is the one who notified me on May 1st when the sale started.

Wow, if you're that disgruntled about cruising, maybe you should look for another type of vacation.

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Your rant has opened my eyes. Hallelujah! I never realized how ignorant I was to be manipulated by a cruise line. :eek: We should all now pray at the altar of CrashDavis, yee are the true savior.

Wow you are very angry. Nobody is taking advantage of you and you clearly don't understand what a bait and switch is. Cruise fares are a luxury item and the cruise lines have every right to charge whatever the market will bear. There is nothing deceptive about changing prices based on supply and demand, even if they are advertising a "special".

The consumers DO have the power, and the savvy ones either booked early and got the great deals, or bought later but were still smart enough to check in occasionally afterwards if they thought the price may drop. 10x a day isn't necessary. A two-minute online check of the prices for a chance to save a couple hundred dollars or more sounds like these consumers are already well-versed in how to shop for a cruise and don't need to "have the power back".

And it seems to me that every cruise itinerary clearly states how many port days and how many cruise days there will be. If someone wants more port stops, even a different one every day, maybe a European itinerary may be better, as there are many ports closer together than in the Caribbean.

Edited by 1 Buffett Fan

I definitely disagree about the service. :D

Gina

I'm new to C&A and to cruising in RCI. I have read on here oh people taking advantage of price drops and dancing money on bookings.

How does this work? I have made a booking for legend in November next year. If I notice a price drop do I contact C&A and renegotiate the booking? Or do I make a new booking?

Advice would be appreciated. :)

Sent from JD's iPhone using Tapatalk

What is wrong with sea days:confused:

Besides whos AE are you:rolleyes:

Not worried about the Vision stories. I suspect that there's a higher motivation to post negative stories.

Got off the 6/9 Vision of the Seas. I have no bone to pick, just telling the truth. I would do another ship, if the price and itinerary suit you need. It is not a conspiracy, just a ship not up to RCI standards in a few ways. Still needs some tweaking.

I'm new to C&A and to cruising in RCI. I have read on here oh people taking advantage of price drops and dancing money on bookings.

How does this work? I have made a booking for legend in November next year. If I notice a price drop do I contact C&A and renegotiate the booking? Or do I make a new booking?

Advice would be appreciated. :)

If you booked direct with Royal and you notice a price drop, you must call them to get your price adjusted. If you booked with a travel agent, you must call the agent. You have until final payment date, after which there no price drops or credits of any kind. Also, some price drops are restricted to new bookings, so they may refuse to give you the lower price in that case.

Edited by clarea

So I get yet another email proclaiming yet another sale today. I am excited and CC savvy so I sign right on.

The total is 4500 for the cruise I have been watching. This is more than it was before the sale.

Wasting my time.

If it is a true sale, make it a sale. Do not say it is then charge the same price or even more.

Terrible business practices.

So I get yet another email proclaiming yet another sale today. I am excited and CC savvy so I sign right on.

The total is 4500 for the cruise I have been watching. This is more than it was before the sale.

Wasting my time.

If it is a true sale, make it a sale. Do not say it is then charge the same price or even more.

Terrible business practices.

Right, 10% off sale for cruises this year between certain dates. You look at the prices and thing, great 10% off. Only to click through and check the break down of the price and find out the 10% is already calculated into the quoted price. Blah! Beyond terrible business practices. And you are correct, I checked prices yesterday and they were lower without that "10%" off.

And of course if you book at the quoted price (10% off :rolleyes:) you can't get your balcony discount if you take the on board credit offer because they aren't combinable.

Bad deal all the way around.

Gina

Right, 10% off sale for cruises this year between certain dates. You look at the prices and thing, great 10% off. Only to click through and check the break down of the price and find out the 10% is already calculated into the quoted price. Blah! Beyond terrible business practices. And you are correct, I checked prices yesterday and they were lower without that "10%" off.

And of course if you book at the quoted price (10% off :rolleyes:) you can't get your balcony discount if you take the on board credit offer because they aren't combinable.

Bad deal all the way around.

Gina

Thanks-

Someone who gets it.

Thanks-

Someone who gets it.

I didn't see the email you mentioned earlier, but based on a quick look at RCI's site, I agree that the current prices don't make for much of a sale. No one's disputing that.

Obviously some sales are more appealing than others, and I think everyone gets it that nothing sale-wise from the last month or so has been that great. It will be tough to find prices as low as they were during the first few days of May, and I'm sure some people are comparing current prices to the early bargains that were offered at the very beginning of that promotion (BOGOHO). There were a lots of people, looks like about 90% of the responders to this thread, that were able to take full advantage of that sale.

I wanted to go on a longer cruise and I also wanted to sail out of New Jersey so we could drive to the port.

I booked on May 2 at the beginning of the BOGOHO.

But I still don't think this is a good deal. I wish I had spent more time checking for the better deals.

We got Liberty for 10 nights departing May 6 L interior room - for 2 of us 2256.00. I think that is too much for an interior room.

I have kept an eye on it and the price has not changed.

I think I should sign up for one of the services that notifies me of price reduction.

Sue

I guess we were one of the few who got a deal when the BOGOHO went into effect. I caught the BOGOHO announcement shortly after it came out and got half off the rate that I had booked. Saved over $400. When I checked it again a couple days later the "base" price for that category had gone up almost that much. Sometimes being a control freak and checking prices several times a day pays off!

Me too; and now I don't think the prices will realign to pre BOGOHO.

I haven't read this entire thread but we booked the Liberty Repo on 11-1-15 as soon as it opened for booking. We subsequently got a significant discount due to the BOGOHO. DS and DIL booked last week. Same category D1. They are paying a total of $80 more than we are (before CA discounts) so at least for that cruise prices didn't go up that much as a result of the BOGOHO.