Soda machines

I have heard of soda machines on Oasis. I am wondering what drinks are available in the machines

Would recommend doing a search for Freestyle Soda Machines. They are the same machines that some fast food places have and carry various flavors including, but not limited to, Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Mello Yello, Mr Pibb, Pibb Zero, Seagram's Ginger Ale, Powerade, Dasani, Sprite, Sprite Zero, etc., along with various flavor additives such as vanilla, cherry, raspberry, orange, peach, etc that can be added to many of the base flavors, but strangely, not always to every flavor.

I thinks it terrible that RCCI doesn't put these machines on every ship in their fleet! I hate bothering a bartender every time I want a soda that I have pre-paid dearly for. It's not fair to the staff, or to the customer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thinks it terrible that RCCI doesn't put these machines on every ship in their fleet! I hate bothering a bartender every time I want a soda that I have pre-paid dearly for. It's not fair to the staff' date=' or to the customer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

The machines are on the ships that sail from the US year round. The need a supplier in each ships home port to provide service and supplies. I don't think the machines are available all over the world.

I thinks it terrible that RCCI doesn't put these machines on every ship in their fleet! I hate bothering a bartender every time I want a soda that I have pre-paid dearly for. It's not fair to the staff' date=' or to the customer![/quote']

I don't think it's that simple. Each machine needs a water source, electric, a place for all the syrup boxes for each flavor that can be made into a combination, like Coke, Diet, lime flavor, cherry flavor, etc. A storage spot for all those syrups. Running all those lines to the machine. Easy access. Ice production. From having owned a restaurant, retrofitting is not an easy process.

I don't think it's that simple. Each machine needs a water source, electric, a place for all the syrup boxes for each flavor that can be made into a combination, like Coke, Diet, lime flavor, cherry flavor, etc. A storage spot for all those syrups. Running all those lines to the machine. Easy access. Ice production. From having owned a restaurant, retrofitting is not an easy process.

The machines use little cartridges that look like ink cartridges for the different flavors. We saw one of the machines being serviced on one of our cruises, they just pop out an empty cartridge and snap in a new one. They must have larger ones for the base flavors but we didn't stick around too much to see those.

The machines use little cartridges that look like ink cartridges for the different flavors. We saw one of the machines being serviced on one of our cruises, they just pop out an empty cartridge and snap in a new one. They must have larger ones for the base flavors but we didn't stick around too much to see those.

That's interesting to know. Thanks. I still think that you have to have the right spot for people to stand in line, the electricity and water still need to be there and someone to maintain the mess that is made and change the cartridges. On Oasis the floors around the machine were constantly having to be taken care of because, well, people spill, a lot.

All that said, we enjoyed using the machines very much. My husband is addicted to lime-ginger ale.

That's interesting to know. Thanks. I still think that you have to have the right spot for people to stand in line, the electricity and water still need to be there and someone to maintain the mess that is made and change the cartridges. On Oasis the floors around the machine were constantly having to be taken care of because, well, people spill, a lot.

All that said, we enjoyed using the machines very much. My husband is addicted to lime-ginger ale.

While these are valid considerations they are not considerations that RCI has used as at least one ship in every class in the fleet has the Freestyle machine on board.

As another poster stated the reason is supply issues and they only install them on ships that are sailing out of a US port year round.

No Fresca??? I hope that's not true. Also... I know they are located in the WJ but where else are the machines located on the Oasis?

Royal Promenade.

I wonder if they will have them on quantum? Will I have to carry my cup around all day to get a drink as I have the replenish package? My son's cup was huge when he went on indy.

You only need the cup (with the RFID chip) to use the machine. The cup is the same size regardless of ship. If you want a drink from a bar, you don't need the cup. Just show your SeaPass card with its sticker.

Royal Promenade.

You only need the cup (with the RFID chip) to use the machine. The cup is the same size regardless of ship. If you want a drink from a bar, you don't need the cup. Just show your SeaPass card with its sticker.

Thanks!

I wonder if they will have them on quantum? Will I have to carry my cup around all day to get a drink as I have the replenish package? My son's cup was huge when he went on indy.

I don't believe that the Quantum will have the Freestyle machines. The reason being is because the ship is moving to China next May. Had RCI kept Quantum over here in the US year-round as originally planned, then the ship likely would have them.

Does anyone know if the Navigator has or is going to have them? Not sure if I can live without Diet Dr. Pepper for a week (and didn't realize when I booked that you can not bring pop on board)

Does anyone know if the Navigator has or is going to have them? Not sure if I can live without Diet Dr. Pepper for a week (and didn't realize when I booked that you can not bring pop on board)

Navigator did not have them, when we got off on 15th June.

Navigator does not currently have the Freestyle machines. I have not heard of any plans to install them.

I thinks it terrible that RCCI doesn't put these machines on every ship in their fleet! I hate bothering a bartender every time I want a soda that I have pre-paid dearly for. It's not fair to the staff' date=' or to the customer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

YES and PLEASE

1. It's their job to serve you. If anything, the success of the machines make it likely the company will cut back on staffing if they find the machines are cost effective.

2. LOVE THOSE MACHINES, they are in 5 Guys and Firehouse Subs. I love Lime Cokes. Cherry Cokes. and Orange FANTAS.

3.I am now more apt to purchase a soda package now that the selection is greatly expanded.

are they on the Grandeur?

YES and PLEASE

1. It's their job to serve you. If anything, the success of the machines make it likely the company will cut back on staffing if they find the machines are cost effective.

2. LOVE THOSE MACHINES, they are in 5 Guys and Firehouse Subs. I love Lime Cokes. Cherry Cokes. and Orange FANTAS.

3.I am now more apt to purchase a soda package now that the selection is greatly expanded.

I know, Moe's and Zaxby's has them here. In the past, I have been "ignored" while the bartender waited on the "bar customer"...granted, this was before the option of beverage packages that included alcohol. Can't blame a hardworking person for going where he/she has a potentially bigger tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YES and PLEASE

They weren't last summer.