Freedom ?, Last two ships Allure & Oasis...

I loved having lunch at the Central Park Cafe, roast beef sandwiches and fresh salads, DELISH!! Sailing on the Freedom in a few weeks and the though of venturing into the windjammer makes me a little ill. I can't remember the last time I had to eat in there. Anyone off the Freedom recently and find a yummy lunch spot??

The only other choices for lunch on Freedom are the Main Dining Room (sea days only), Johnny Rockets (extra cost), Cafe Promenade, and Sorrento's.

Edited by clarea

That was one of our complaints about our recent Freedom cruise... we felt there should have been more "free" dining venues.

Rumor has it Freedom is getting one new complimentary restaurant and 2 new specialty restaurants while in dry dock in January by eliminating the 3rd level of the MDR.

Rumor has it Freedom is getting one new complimentary restaurant and 2 new specialty restaurants while in dry dock in January by eliminating the 3rd level of the MDR.

That I find hard to believe.

That I find hard to believe.

I mentioned that last week. I know they're adding new restaurants. Our Freedom MDR waiter told us they're taking away one level of the MDR. Take that for what it's worth.

I mentioned that last week. I know they're adding new restaurants. Our Freedom MDR waiter told us they're taking away one level of the MDR. Take that for what it's worth.

I don't doubt it. They are really pushing the alternate (more money) dining options.

The only other choices for lunch on Freedom are the Main Dining Room (sea days only), Johnny Rockets (extra cost), Cafe Promenade, and Sorrento's.

One other option, but I don't think it qualifies as "yummy": room service.

When I was on Independence of the Seas last year, I was inadvertently "forced" (not really, but circumstances ended up that way) to have room service for lunch. I got a bistro burger. It was edible enough, but I wouldn't seek it out when there are other, tastier alternatives.

Wasn't one of the specialty restaurants (Sabor) being added going into the crypt.

Can't see them taking away the entire 3'rd floor of the MDR. I think that adding a couple of restaurants that would not reduce the demand for the MDR enough to allow that kind of space reduction.

Wasn't one of the specialty restaurants (Sabor) being added going into the crypt.

Can't see them taking away the entire 3'rd floor of the MDR. I think that adding a couple of restaurants that would not reduce the demand for the MDR enough to allow that kind of space reduction.

Sabor would be my guess on the top level of the former Crypt, but I've not seen anything official from Royal about Sabor on Freedom.

Sabor would be my guess on the top level of the former Crypt, but I've not seen anything official from Royal about Sabor on Freedom.

Yes unfortunately nothing official, just the usual rumors. Do you remember how long prior to Navigators dry dock it was before RCI made an official announcement?

I would love to see it added to all of the ships based on the reviews that it has received on the Navigator.

Yes unfortunately nothing official, just the usual rumors. Do you remember how long prior to Navigators dry dock it was before RCI made an official announcement?

I would love to see it added to all of the ships based on the reviews that it has received on the Navigator.

No Ken, sorry, I don't recall when Sabor was announced. We do get to try it in about 2 months.:)