Azumi ??

Has anyone tried Azumi for lunch or dinner? The reservation site for RCCL shows the cost as $0 but the reservation rep said it was menu pricing. I don't know whether to book it or not as the cost is unknown.

Has anyone tried Azumi for lunch or dinner? The reservation site for RCCL shows the cost as $0 but the reservation rep said it was menu pricing. I don't know whether to book it or not as the cost is unknown.

Carol was nice enough to photograph and post the menu recently:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43302272

Edited by clarea

You can always visit Izumi's on board to reconfirm the menu and a la carte pricing and book your reservation then.

I'd like to try their sushi, but I refuse to pay their silly cover charge. I don't get why I have to pay to walk in the door, then pay a la carte for the rolls. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Edit: I guess I should have read Merion Mom's thread first. She reported that they have eliminated the cover charge. So I guess I've got a new eatery to try.

Edited by DarthGrady

Correct name is "IZUMI".

Eaten there several times on various ships and have enjoyed it all times. Really no need to make advance reservations. Never had a problem with just walking up and getting a table. Everything is Ala Carte pricing

Take out has also been available for sushi only.

Lunch is a more limited menu than dinner. Lunch is mostly Sushi items no entrees.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Take out sushi, esp for lunch is good news. I am not a big eater for lunch, so a sushi roll would be great as long as it is prepared decently.

Correct name is "IZUMI".

Eaten there several times on various ships and have enjoyed it all times. Really no need to make advance reservations. Never had a problem with just walking up and getting a table. Everything is Ala Carte pricing

Take out has also been available for sushi only.

Lunch is a more limited menu than dinner. Lunch is mostly Sushi items no entrees.

We at at Izumi on Oasis on the last night. As reported, no cover charge, just a la carte pricing. The sushi wasn't that bad for a cruise ship. They apparently get the fish shipped in from Japan (I asked the waiter), but that's presumably at the beginning of the cruise, so it does make you wonder what it's like by day 7. Overall, most of it was decent, except maybe the salmon which had a frozen-then-thawed mushy consistency (like you get from Trader Joe's). I live in Manhattan and we get very good sushi here and so have generally high standards (because bad restaurants don't last long), though we do like the all-you-can-eat sushi down the block. :)

Of course many of the rolls on the menu were cooked fish, where quality/freshness isn't quite as critical.

The hot rock wasn't really that great (we did the chicken/beef combo), though we discovered a trick to pour a little soy sauce on the meat while it was cooking, because it arrives unseasoned and won't have any taste otherwise.

Had nice meal on our recent cruise plus my husband booked on the sushi tuition they ran which wasn't advertised generally, only offered to clients. We paid about $30 for our meal including a couple of glasses of wine so it wasn't expensive,

Sent from my iPad using Forums